Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Aden
Elven Warrior

about plants

I wonder if anyone could tell me of any plants ( trees, flowers, herbs etc) apart from those mentioned in LOTR, Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales. And if anyone knows any plants mentioned in unpublished material that would be very helpfull!
Aden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Re: about plants

Quote:
Originally posted by Aden
I wonder if anyone could tell me of any plants ( trees, flowers, herbs etc) apart from those mentioned in LOTR, Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales. And if anyone knows any plants mentioned in unpublished material that would be very helpfull!
You seem to have excluded all of Tolkien's story. I don't think or know how accessable unpublished material would be. I really guess I don't understand your question. Do you mean plants and flowers and trees from other Tolkien works outside of Middle-earth?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #3
Aden
Elven Warrior

No I'm interested in ME plants. I think some of them are mentioned in HoME. And I found some information about quenya (from unpublished material (letters and stuff)) so I wondered if there are any plants that are not mentioned in the books. I'm trying to gather as many plants as I can so any help is really precious. Also, if that helps, I could post a list of the plants I found so if anyone knows something more I'd be glad to add it in my list
Aden is offline   Reply With Quote