Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

an interesting take

i found this on ebaumsworld, its about the pentagon and the plane crash into it. if all the evidence is true then i think others would of spotted it, its a big file so depending on your computer it may take awhile to load, im on cable and it took about 30 seconds. its about 5 min long. pentagon attack
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:59 AM   #2
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

It was an interesting little flash movie, with nice music to increase the tension. However that just makes it even less credible. If the maker of the movie had been the slightest serious, I think he would have left out the scary music and at the same time be more careful with the facts and quotations.

Google rocks. I checked up some of the witness accounts that they mentioned in the film. Now the witnesses Steve Patterson and Don Wright may have said that they a small jet, but in the film they fail to mention that the big majority of those who witnessed the Pentagon attack claimed to have seen a large jet.
Furthermore, when it comes to catastrophes like this one, eye-witness reports often differ from one another. That isn't strange, considering how shocking the experience might be. People are not sure of what they have seen or heard.

In the film, the witness John O'Keefe said: "There was no huge explosion, no huge rumbling on ground, it just went ‘pfff.’ It wasn’t what I would have expected for a plane that was not much more than a football field away from me."
What they didn't say was that John O'Keefe actually saw an American Airlines jet hit the Pentagon. And why does a plane crash has to make a deafening roar? I think that's something we take for granted because crashes in movies are always very loud.

In the movie, they also quote Steve DeChiaro: "My brain could not resolve the fact that it was a plane because it only seemed like a small hole in the building. No tail. No wings. No nothing". In this quote, they also leave out some essential things. DeChario also said "I looked up, and right away I knew because I saw this tremendous cloud of black jet fuel". He was positive that a plane had struck the Pentagon, even if he couldn't see its wings or tail.
They also quote another person saying: "Buildings don't eat planes. That plane [Haha, the person saw a plane after all ], it just vanished. There should be parts on the ground... Where are the parts?"
Well, after the two other planes had hit the Twin Towers, I don't think anyone could see their wings or tails either, but that's understandable. One forgets about the cheer size of the buildings that were hit, it's not strange at all that the buildings could easily 'swallow' the planes.

What is interesting is that none of the witnesses mentioned in that film seem to doubt that a plane hit the Pentagon. The animator just wants us to believe that.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 09-04-2004 at 06:02 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli7410
i found this on ebaumsworld, its about the pentagon and the plane crash into it. if all the evidence is true then i think others would of spotted it, its a big file so depending on your computer it may take awhile to load, im on cable and it took about 30 seconds. its about 5 min long. pentagon attack
I'm not watching it - because I don't have high speed - reading Jonathan's report though - it sounds like it's the work of the great propaganist Michael Moore.

What is REALLY sick about this is that there was a group of school kids on the plane on a way to a school trip that crashed into the Pentagon. It was NOT a small plane. It was a jet. This is just either some sick joke film - like the picture of tourists on the top of the roof of the twin towers as the plane was coming in - ignoring the fact that the south tower - which had the observation deck was hit from the south - not from the north. or else it's a propaganda conspiracy film. Either way it's gross.

By the way - ebaumsworld.com must not believe it's true, because their website has the subtitle of "A Hilarious Collection Of Media For The Masses"

By the way - I decided I would look at it. So I will most likely have more to say after it is done.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

yea it seemed kind of hard to believe, i mean there was tonnes of wreckage and the plane could of already moved out for safety reasons or something. i've seen a couple films dealing with the pentagon and trade towers like this and most with little credibility, i also dont remember seeing those photos in the paper or anywhere, but i may just not remember them.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
I'm not watching it - because I don't have high speed - reading Jonathan's report though - it sounds like it's the work of the great propaganist Michael Moore.
Woah, don't jump to conclusions before even watching the film. This is nothing like Michael Moore at all. It's just one more conspiracy theory.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #6
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Woah, don't jump to conclusions before even watching the film. This is nothing like Michael Moore at all. It's just one more conspiracy theory.
So then - how is that not like Michael Moore? Let me see - it's the same as the conspiracy theories stating that the US bombed it's own buildings. Or that israel did it. Give me a break. [EDIT] I'm not accusing Michael Moore of making those outlandish statements. Even he isn't that stupid. He at least covers his propaganda in half turths.

And as you saw - I tried watching the movie. But actually it never worked for me and I was never able to. Based on your description though - who I trust - I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

[EDIT AGAIN] Yeah it's just one more conspiracy. Just one more conspiracy for half witted idiots to believe that is. I did find it interesting that the movie is on a site which is titled as - "A Hilarious Collection Of Media For The Masses" - I am curious as to whether it's a joke thing presented as a theory/fact.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 09-07-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

maybe it was aliens

one must remember that the pentagon is built out an awful lot of solid stone... i'm sure at least 95% of the plane just vaporized on impact... on the explosions... everyone's use to hollywood explosions, which are extremely exaggerated

it is kinda tasteless considering the subject matter anyway... joke or not
Old 09-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #8
jerseydevil

I have now watched it Jonathan - after many tries - and it is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. And it is like Michael Moore with the cut action and sippets of information before a still picture is shown or some emotional piece of video and out of context quotes. You forget - I used to watch Michael Moore's TV show - before I did research on some of the things he was saying. I know how Michael Moore produces things.

I would like to know - who are all these people who this person has interviewed? Why has the media not said that there was no plane? Hmmm - I wonder - I guess the Twin Towers weren't hit by planes either - because there was nothing left of them. The plane that hit the pentagon hit solid concrete. There would be NOTHING left. Also - how many people say something sounds like a "freight train" or a "tornado"? Does that mean that it was those things or is it people just describing what they thought or what something sounded like?

I stand by my statements after watching the film.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 09-07-2004, 02:00 PM   #9
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
I would like to know - who are all these people who this person has interviewed?
Watch the film again, you'll see that the maker has not interviewed anyone but has gotten all the quotes from various sources that are mentioned in conjunction with the quotes. I checked up the original sources and these people do exist and have said all those things. Though sometimes not all of what they said have been included in the film, the maker of the film has just used parts of their original quotes. If he had mentioned all of what the witnesses said, it would have made this conspiracy theory less credible.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #10
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Watch the film again, you'll see that the maker has not interviewed anyone but has gotten all the quotes from various sources that are mentioned in conjunction with the quotes. I checked up the original sources and these people do exist and have said all those things. Though sometimes not all of what they said have been included in the film, the maker of the film has just used parts of their original quotes. If he had mentioned all of what the witnesses said, it would have made this conspiracy theory less credible.
I should have stated it better because I knew the people's quotes came from various sources - but sometimes he didn't give sources - only names. But anyway - you have just backed up my claim that the film is similar to Michael Moore's - because that is EXACTLY what he does.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide