Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Interesting Find

Well, well. Perhaps you more internet effiecent people have alread yfound it but as I was veiwing the trivia thread this website jumped off the page and demanded that I veiw it: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/ (cheers sirigorn). And while wondering around I found a seprate part discusing a rather shady and possibly not to bright relation of Dumbldore's.
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/aberforth.html
Interesting no? What do you guys think? I know theres been alot of speculation about Dumbldore and his fate in these wonderful books. So what if...ok now you guys fill in the blank becasue I have to go.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Thankses!!
Yeah, I was wandering around the Lexicon a while ago when I found it (Glomps to Cyndi, who told me about it! And that probably has no significance to you, but she is a member of another site I'm part of, FictionAlley.org. It's a Harry Potter site much like Entmoot, only a lot bigger). Anyway, I saw the thing about Aberforth, and those people have got me convinced that the guy in the Hog's Head is Aberforth. I would never have picked it up on my own, but those people are amazing...
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Truly they are...wonder if there's a way to invite them to entmoot? Show them how truly amazing we are? Anyway, your right though, never would have picked it up on my own but now that all that was put before my eyes it makes perfect sense! Personnally I'll be disappointed if it turns out false.

I thought Aberforth was killed though....I'm to lazy to look it up but wasn't someone close to Dumbldore killed...besides the obvious people. THoguht it was Aberforth...oh well.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:42 PM   #4
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

When Moody's showing Harry the photo, he says:
Quote:
That's Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, only time I ever met him, strange bloke...
I thought he was dead too, but I guess we were wrong, because wouldn't Moody have said something? I don't think Dumbledore says anything about him being dead in GoF, either.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:56 AM   #5
sun-star
Lady of Letters

The Lexicon is a great site. And as for Aberforth - who knows? I hope we get to meet him anyway.

"Inappropriate charms on a goat"
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote