Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2002, 10:01 PM   #81
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I think I stopped at 9. It's a nice number as in the no. of Fellowship members and Nazgul.

It sure looks like I'll be viewing TT more than that; maybe a third (14) of Gimli's score?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 05-07-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #82
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Thank you Bropous, It's fun to connect and communicate. I don't really like hearing too much about what all's gonna be on the TT. Less is more for me. Cheers to us enjoying it soon!
Old 05-27-2002, 10:58 AM   #83
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, I broke down and bought a ticket for viewing fifteen......nine without trailer, six with.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 AM   #84
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
dose anyone know a site where i could download TTT trailer? I can't find one anywhere!

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 08:19 AM   #85
Sween
im quite stupid

try using a file sharere like imesh.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #86
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Yay, I went to see it again a few days ago. I've seen it three times now! I think I said it had gone west, but luckily I was wrong. I saw the trailer for the first time on the big screen and it was awesome! I went with someone who hadn't seen it before and didn't know nothing about it. Now he loves it and can't wait to see the Two Towers. I feel I now have achieved something in life.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:43 PM   #87
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

By the way if anyone is botherd my SATs went well. My mini LOTR poster was a great charm, but I think that the movie would be a better anitdote to the stress of tests.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:53 PM   #88
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, no, I actually wasn;t bothered by the results of your SAT, Erendil. I figure that just about ANY Mooter would do well on an SAT, at LEAST in the verbal section! Now Math, that's a different story....

AND, for the record, I have, as of last night, attended a showing of my sixteenth viewing, in the theater, of "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." It is my final theater viewing in this run. Last night was the final showing of this magnificent film in our local "first-run" theaters. From December 19 through MAY 30, this film has had an incredible run in Colorado Springs.

Am I surprised? Of course not. Pikes Peak is very similar to Mount Mindolluin, Colorado Springs is sorta like Minas Tirith without the walls, and we have plenty of aspens, which look just like a mallorn tree.

But, now the time has come, I lay down my record and challenge anyone else to see the film as many times as I have in a first-run theater.

All things considered, this IS the best film ever made. I don't care if anyone agrees. No film has ever reached this level of detail and sheer imagination. Good on ya, PJ.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:41 PM   #89
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh Yes!! I aree with you on how good the movie was!!! Yes Yes Yes!
Old 05-31-2002, 08:42 PM   #90
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Wow....usually when ladies are telling me Yes Yes Yes it's in person.......LOL
Old 05-31-2002, 11:55 PM   #91
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

hee hee hee!

Last edited by Lizra : 05-31-2002 at 11:56 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 01:12 AM   #92
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
All things considered, this IS the best film ever made. [/B]
I'm very glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.
Saw Spiderman the other day, it was okay, but LotR has raised the bar on movies. Can't figure out what all the hoopla about Star Wars is -- people camping over night to see it.
Now am looking forward to the Special Edition.

Congratulations on your SATs, Erendil.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:02 PM   #93
entss89
lord of the ents

Nazgul HI

I HAVE SEEN IT 12 TIMES.
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:08 PM   #94
Treebeard_00
Sapling

Treebeard woohoo

I'm only on my fifth watch....hey maby I'll go watch it now.
Treebeard_00 is offline   Reply With Quote