Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #1
Azhag_Nuug
Hobbit

History

This is the History of my world as far as I have worked on, but I have a lot to do on it, so any advice and ideas would help.

The Forming of Kayne (Elder Realm)

Kayne, as it is known is the Eldest Realm of the world, through which the Eldest Road as it is known, or the Pethyon travels through. The road was made many thousands of years ago by the First Men of the world, who came from the far reaches of the vast lands. More came, Dwarves and Elves, but they found no routes through the harsh lands and hills, thus this one time all races banded together to create the Great Elder Road, that stretches from Mar, just West of Kayne, all unto the Buhyath River. Beyond the people did not explore for they saw the vast forests, which began at the river, and stretched South more than three hundred leagues to the Black Marshes, and West far across to the Veign. east to it went across into Ranad, and to Orlo, another great country, now destroyed. It entered into the Hiljayj Ranges all around to the South, and filled the hundred league gap between the mountains.
Now though the forest lies in ruin and is but a shadow, broken and cut, now vast plains fill the space of once great beauty. Wlida they call the plains, or more commonly the Woodless Forest.
After the road formed, the peoples parted. The Men moved North and began the forging of Aater Anes, Tower of the North. The Dwarves moved to Aeres Areth, Highest Peaks. The Elves were left to go South from the road, to the lower peaks, and found between them a bright forest, and on the edge of it formed the Citadel of Tu'un,a tower which rose as if foreverabove the clouds. They named the forest Athelea, after Lord Athelea brought them to the place, but soon died. Flowing into Tu'un and through the forest was the Buhyath River, so careful were the Elves in their forging, for they did not dare come to close to the river.
Aater Anes, on the River Brockle was built within a years work, and soon men became more attracted to it from the far reaches of the world, and soon they found it to crowded to dwell in any longer, and moved South along the river to a vast cove just between the Southwood Forest, and Aeres Areth. There they forged a new and long friendship with the Dwarves, and together began constructing Aater Adon, Tower of The Kings.

Over 50 years would pass, and the population of the land slowly dwindled. The Elves began venturing deep within the forest, and forged many cities in the trees, fearing nothing now, but Men and Dwarves yet were scared of an ominous threat growing. Orgs and Goblins, with Men from other reaches came, pillaging and burning as they went, and thus the peoples had to band together to stop their foe. At first they built many outpost, far and wide to warn them of enemies approaching, and soon, the Men began fielding an army, wishing to at last be rid of them wherever they came from. It took near a dozen years to forge all weapons and armour, but by this time they were more than prepared to do battle.
The Dwarves aided little, and left the Men to fight with the enemy, as they burrowed deep under the mountains. 'We have no buisness with the doings of Men and Elves. We'll leave thee to your troubles, if thee leave us to our peace,' said Lind the Long-Sworded to them, thus they left them, and were seen only ever by each other. Elves too, were no aid. They lived in peace and tranquility, fighting only when necessary. The beasts did not roam their lands, and since no harm came of them, no war was made.
So the dominion of Men in the North began, and they waged a long but steady war against the fell creatures.

This is a very shortened version of the forming of Kayne. I changed it to try and make it more simplistic. The full may be posted.

Last edited by Azhag_Nuug : 01-13-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Azhag_Nuug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
Nimbrennil
Hobbit

Mae Govannen,

This is very interesting! It's really neat...

I like history things like this! So... so... well, I like it, anyways...

Namárië,

-Nimbrennil
daughter. You stand
between me and my lord
and kin. Begone, if you be
not deathless! For living
or dark undead, I will smite
you, if you touch him.
--Eowyn, RotK

I do not wish to play at
riddles. Speak plainer!
--Eowyn, RotK