Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2003, 02:37 AM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

The new plan

For some of you 1st and 2nd agers around here know that I planned to head back to school to yet another degree. The plan was to hit another 3/4 my going for med lab tech as an AS, Bio-tech as an BS and then do grad level in bio-gerontology .

Well, I have spent the the better part of the last decade away from home and I am tired of foreign BS. There is BS at home but I can deal with that kind.

Anyway, I am going to leave here ( Japan) this summer and enter into a graduate program in epidemiology next year. It keeps me in the field of health/life sciences and also I can still work on bio-gerontology leanings.

It's about time I really earned a degree. I got good grades with my other degrees with little effort but I could have gotten great grades with a little more effort. I am ready marshall my forces truly apply myself.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 03:06 AM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hi! Are you coming back to the states? I think I know what you mean. Now that I am mature and focused, I would love to back to school. I'd get fabulous grades, join lots of academic type clubs, start my papers early and make them totally with original thought. It would really be a fun experiment to give the study part 100%. I would even flirt with a few nerds! (oh, that is so funny! )
Old 01-20-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

WB, AE!
Quote:
Lizra:
*snip*

Now that I am mature and focused, I would love to back to school. I'd get fabulous grades, join lots of academic type clubs, start my papers early and make them totally with original thought. It would really be a fun experiment to give the study part 100%.

*snip*
I'm with you, Lizra. I'm quite happy in my job (well....), but I'm in the process of taking two degrees which have absolutely no relevance to my working career. I watch as all my friends read for their B.Sc Marketing degrees and Copyrighting Diplomas and whatever, which they are not interested in, but stick with because they think it will help them earn the big bucks.

I'm studying part-time, so I can really pace myself and master the material. My job, which is quite secure, is used to fund my studies.

Oh, and I started the first assigment of this year's module last year...
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 03:48 AM   #4
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

thanks you two.

Quote:
Are you coming back to the states?
yeap

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Last edited by afro-elf : 01-20-2003 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Andúril:
WB, AE!
Oops. For some reason I thought you (AE) were returning from an Entmoot hiatus, but a quick search has cleared up that misconception...
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:35 PM   #6
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Well since Thailand I have really cut down on my time here.

It's not like the good ole days.....

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-20-2003, 09:11 PM   #7
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

Good for you! Doing something like going for another degree is great!

Too bad I haven't even made high school yet (next year) cause I would think it would be awesome to get another degree in something I don't have a degree in.

Ack, I'm confusing myself.