Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

EDIT: this thread has been splitt from the original one Thread author is Ruinel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
Agnosticism is neither a church or a formal philosphy. its simply a description and nothing more. i never once sat down with furrowed brow and said HM... I THINK I WILL BELIEVE THAT I CANT KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS! Nor was I ever indoctrinated by other agnostics as to the "truth" about the world. Nor did i pick up a book about agnosticsm by its founder and find it touched my soul with its words and meaning. No. Nothing even close to any of that. I follow no agnostic tenants or commandments. I do not have a lick of faith in any agnostic foundations of belief. Because here ARE no agnostic foundations of belief. Theres only lack of evidence. And morality is not at all related to agnosticism. Many agnostics have different points of view regarding morality. So how would you explain this if ALL agnostics get their ideas for morality from one single source of beliefs like Christians? Apples and Oranges. You are attempting to pull me down to the level of religion and slap me with a nice big label: CHURCH OF AGNOSTICISM. Well I reject the label. Thats the part I find insulting. Now if you want to say science has influenced the way I think then that could be better argued. Although I tend to think of science as reality which makes its comparison to religion a bit pointless.
I completely agree with this statement and observation. My ideas are not beliefs - they are ideas. I am not getting my feelings from a book. I'm getting them from my observation and how I personally feel about things. There is a big difference between how Rian talks about her beliefs and how I talk about my ideas. My ideas can change very easily just from observation - I am 99.99999% sure that Rian will not have any ideas that contradict the bible though - even if they make more sense than the bible. This is the main problem I have when she tries to say that my ideas are no different than her beliefs.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by Fat middle : 04-12-2005 at 10:10 AM.