Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2002, 01:49 PM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

The most special moments

As a counter to the regrets thread what's the MOST special thing that you crave/recall

For me it will be having a woman that I cared for nestled in my arms and sleeping peacefully and other tender intimate moments like that.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.

Last edited by afro-elf : 06-06-2002 at 01:51 PM.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 02:53 AM   #2
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I just tried really hard, but I can't seem to remember any "special" moments. Go me!

There - my input to this thread.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 03:00 AM   #3
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Discovering new music, food, etc.

Spooning with a loved one when it's cold. Yep. I have baaaad circulation!

Sleeping in... a huge luxury for this imsomniac.
Old 06-07-2002, 03:06 AM   #4
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Travelling alone to one of the distant beach islands or even other countries for a week alone far away from routine.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:17 PM   #5
azalea
Long lost mooter

I would like to relive a day like this one, that I so often had when I was a kid:
I wake up in a bedroom of my grandmother's house to all the smells, including breakfast. After going down and eating, I get ready and spend the day at the beach, then come back and change into dry clothes, explore down by the bog for a while, then go out to my favorite restaurant for pizza. Then go back to the beach and make a fire, roast marshmallows, then douse the fire and climb up the lifeguard tower to look at the countless stars and listen to the waves, feeling the salty air in my face. Then I go home to fall asleep with the breeze gently blowing the curtains and the crickets singing. I have other good moments I might like to relive, but this is the one that first came into my mind.

Last edited by azalea : 06-07-2002 at 09:18 PM.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:44 PM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah, that sounds good! Anything to do with my grandmother who is dead, she loved me so sweetly! Also, just being young and carefree, when the most important thing was how I looked, and what I was going to do next. Doing things for the first time!!
Old 06-07-2002, 10:17 PM   #7
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

TODAY
laying in a hammock in nice weather, with the trees over head, letting little spots of sunlight down onto the ground., and me , sitting with my tommy.
tommy told me a v.special and treasured thing today, in the perfect setting, other than starlight.
it's summer, and im an elf in the woods!
things are great in my own little world.

gee, afro elf, i think your moment REALLY connects to the regrets thread.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:06 AM   #8
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

The greatest moments ever are when I open a letter or recieve a phone call from a theatre group that I auditioned for, and they say "Congratulations! You got a part!" rather than "thank you for auditioning...maybe next time." It is the greatest sense of accomplishment for me. ( Probably because theater is one of the things I have to work extremely hard on.)
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 12:55 AM   #9
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Reading in hammocks is great

The shower I took after not having access to running water for four days was a pretty special moment. I was clean again!

Sitting in my willow tree, reading a book and listening to a CD, and realizing I am utterly content and am extremely lucky to live the life that I do.
Old 06-08-2002, 01:14 AM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
The shower I took after not having access to running water for four days was a pretty special moment. I was clean again!
OOoooh. Been there.

When I went down on my archaeological field trip a couple of years ago, the place we camped at only had a small water tank, so we could only have 2 showers the each the whole 2 weeks we were down there. Absolutely wonderful when you considered how filthy you can get sieving through dirt! Luckily for us, the camping ground was right on a beach, so we could go swimming every day, to get clean, shave our legs, dunk some people...
Old 06-08-2002, 01:18 AM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I can't believe you would bother shaving your legs on an archeological field trip! Wierd! Maybe I'm lazy?
Old 06-08-2002, 01:32 AM   #12
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Nah, didn't really. BUT the dirt/dust *did* stick to your legs in a strange fashion that made you look hairier than you actually were...
Old 06-08-2002, 02:16 AM   #13
Nienna Grey
Enting

Here's a few special moments:

Going back to the hotel on a tram in St Petersburg at midnight on a winter's night after seeing a ballet performance in the city.

Being on a gondola in Venice.

Realising what true love is.

Finishing writing my first novel, even though it will never be published.

A magical performance at a theatre.

Visiting Las Vegas.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:43 PM   #14
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Las Vegas sounds like fun, i wish i could go.

edit: my parents just informed me that i have been to las vegas.
for two whole weeks, i saw the hoover dam and everything.

woo. i hate not remembering anything

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 06-08-2002 at 10:54 PM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:13 AM   #15
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

wow! Why on earth would anyone want to visit Las Vegas??? Unless you love to gamble I guess, really, It's so fake and commercial, what am I missing here?
Old 06-09-2002, 05:35 PM   #16
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Fake and commercial = escapism
Which can actually be a good thing sometimes.
I went to Las Vegas with my family once and we had a good time. Didn't gamble a cent, but did other touristy things. Sometimes it's nice to do touristy things.
God! I need a vacation!
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 08:11 PM   #17
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

well, I guess that might be fun, a real change of pace, get out of the rut, kick your heels up and go crazy, I think I need a vacation too!!
Old 06-09-2002, 08:27 PM   #18
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Hmm, well, I love being with a bunch of my freinds and just laughing my head off and having a great time and knowing that they accept me for who I am. That's a wonderful feeling for me, because I went through a lot of friend problems last year. But now that I'm on the high school end of the hall (7th grade at my small private school), I have a lot of great older, more mature friends.

Also I love knowing that I don't have to worry about anything at night, putting on a lovely CD, writing a few poems and finally falling into peaceful, uninterrupted sleep.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:58 AM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Cuddling with my kitten Poseidon. He's a doll.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:02 PM   #20
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

The last day of school. Not because it was the last day, but because of the awards my teacher gave out. My friend got the "Where are you?" award. I said it was because of her ring. I received a certificate of appreciation in recognition of my "absolute loyalty to the characters, author, director, actors, etc. of Lord of the Rings." Others got the "Tucked in shirt club" and "Please trip me" awards for untucked shirts and untied shoelaces. We laughed so hard.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote