Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Favourite scene in movie all together

In Excalibur. When Sir Percical throws the Sword and those few seconds when the hand of the Lady of the Lake catches and holds the gleaming Sword, before it decends below the surface.

I can rewind and see that scene over and over again. It's magnificent.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Wow! That's a difficult question. One that springs to mind is in Fight Club where Ed Norton is clasped into Meatloaf's breasts. That makes me hoot every time.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

In Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula, the scene where Count Vlad (in his "normal" disguise) and Mina are drinking absinthe. The swirling lush colors, tinkling music, intoxicating emotions held in check..... and then he turns her tears to diamonds....ahhhh! Gorgeous, beautiful, and breath taking!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i have lots of favorites but i'd have to say many scenes in "To Kill a Mockingbird" move me the most... especially the courtroom scene where Atticus is speaking to the jury... i think it should be required viewing for all children... and adults for that matter
Old 01-23-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Grey_Wolf there were TONS of great scenes in Excalibur. The pulling the sword from the stone scene was simply a classic. and the night shot after the battle of badden hill where they are all in armour and merlin makes his big speech. "for it is the doom of men that they forget..."

But the scene that has touched me most of any over the years without a doubt would be the scene in Hope & Glory where the german stray bomb has blown up the grade school and all these little english kids are throwing their books up in the air just cheering and laughing and rejoicing because of the germans. and then the grandfather and the grandson are shown just lauging their heads off at the irony of it. just an astoundingly well done scene. simply astounding artistry. And theres no dialogue whatsoever. to this day i think its the only scene that has caused me to laugh out loud and cry both at the same time. what a stunningly brilliant stroke of directing that was.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Grey_Wolf there were TONS of great scenes in Excalibur. The pulling the sword from the stone scene was simply a classic. and the night shot after the battle of badden hill where they are all in armour and merlin makes his big speech. "for it is the doom of men that they forget..."

But the scene that has touched me most of any over the years without a doubt would be the scene in Hope & Glory where the german stray bomb has blown up the grade school and all these little english kids are throwing their books up in the air just cheering and laughing and rejoicing because of the germans. and then the grandfather and the grandson are shown just lauging their heads off at the irony of it. just an astoundingly well done scene. simply astounding artistry. And theres no dialogue whatsoever. to this day i think its the only scene that has caused me to laugh out loud and cry both at the same time. what a stunningly brilliant stroke of directing that was.
I agree that there are tons of great scenes. But described my FAVOURITE SCENE in Excalibur.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:27 PM   #7
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

i have several but my fav for the moment, is near the end of POC when jack sparrow runs down the little passage thing in the cave, saying sorry. his run just cracks me up everytime!

and the statue scene in interview with a vampire. the way they use that statue to show the transformation between human and vampire is cool
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 01-29-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote