Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2002, 09:17 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul Arwen and Aragorn scene

Did anyone see this on LordoftheRings.net website? I saw an article they had about a love scene between Aragorn and Arwen. I also heard some other people mention it. I was looking around LordoftheRings.net and they had something about it - but then my computer crashed when I went to view the next "page" in the article and when I went back it was gone.

I'm not sure if it was accidently put there or what. I really want to think it was a joke. I'm just not sure. Has there been any information on Aragorn and Arwen's involvement in Two Towers? I'm not sure if this scene is related to Two Towers or if it was Return of the King. But there were some pictures.

I'm sure someone else must have seen it too. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I really hope this isn't true because then the movie really is being dumbed down by Hollywood.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-10-2002 at 09:26 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:26 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

"Love scene" in whatever context you read it probably doesn't refer to hot steamy elf sex, you know. Even their conversation in Rivendell in FOTR, I'd call a "love scene". (What else would you call it?)
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I haven't heard that, so I can't give you any confirmation. Maybe they didn't put Arwen in The Two Towers. Maybe she'll show up at Helm's Deep and help protect the Hornburg. We can only hope that she doesn't. *crosses fingers*

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 04:36 AM   #4
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I'm interested to see how she ends up lying on a cart looking dead in ttt. She cant really be dead otherwise how does Aragon marry her in the end?

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 01:13 AM   #5
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

She could be asleep, you know.

As for Arwen's role in TTT, I think her appearance will be when Gandalf is in Lothlorien. That explains the presence of both Arwen and Galadriel in the TTT preview, as well as a still of Galadriel and Arwen together in Lothlorien in one of the movie tie-in books.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 05-12-2002, 02:29 AM   #6
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Your probably right about Arwen and Galadriel, IronParrot. I thought Galadriel might also do a prologue to TTT, like in the FOTR. I checked the official site and some other sites and I didn't see anything about a "love scence". It there was a steamy love scene I think I would die
Old 05-12-2002, 04:23 AM   #7
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
She could be asleep, you know.

As for Arwen's role in TTT, I think her appearance will be when Gandalf is in Lothlorien. That explains the presence of both Arwen and Galadriel in the TTT preview, as well as a still of Galadriel and Arwen together in Lothlorien in one of the movie tie-in books.
I have thought that but when you do see her galadriel says the words "won't survive" may be just a coincedence but it just appeared very strongly that she had perished.

Old 05-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #8
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Unless, of course, they totally murdered the book and put Arwen in Eowyn's place. That's a bit far fetched, as Eowyn is still there...but maybe they both helped kill the witch king and left Merry out of the picture. I really hope that's not what they did. *Disclaimer- This is entirely a theory...I have heard no support for it anywhere. But still, wouldn't it be a nightmare?*
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 02:42 PM   #9
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

well, i wouldnt be completely surprised if they left merry out, look at the way they dumbed down his character a bit for fotr. i wouldnt shock me to see him just get knocked out by the witch king while eowyn and arwen kill him.

Old 05-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #10
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I don't think that Arwen replaces Merry, but he will probably be left out. Out of all of the pictures and trailers that i have seen i have never seen Eowyn and Arwen together. That may look promising....

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:00 AM   #11
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Arwen Undomiel

Are we talking about the TTT trailer?If so, I don't remember Aragorn and Arwen together at all(however, that Arwen scene is really worrying me.If she dies on me, I'm suing!). Also the part where you see Sam and Frodo, then Galadriel says,'This quest will take his life...' If she wasn't even talking about Frodo, then that was a mean trick to play on poor, unsuspecting moviegoers
Also, I will sue if she pops up at Helm's Deep, or kicks Merry out of his spot. The slaying of the Witch-king is his big moment in the spotlight, and besides, I was really looking forward to Merry and Pippin meeting each other(O.K., I admit it, I reread all the even semi-mushy parts )

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #12
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

how about this for a scenario - Arwen is in Lothlorien with Galadriel , and they look in Galadriels mirror , and see what may come to pass!! Come on its the best conclusion to the deathbed scene ! Admit it, Ive got one right havnt I ? Havnt I ?........havnt I ?
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:05 AM   #13
Moondancer
Hobbit

The scenario is possible. But the bier bit looked more like a Rivendell scene to me, with the light brown falling leaves.
If they did put a graphic "love scene" in TTT I probably wouldn't go see it. I hope they don't, it would totally ruin the story.
If Arwen is in Lothlorien with Galadriel, how did she get there? Perhaps Elrond sent her for some reason, but in the book she's sewing Aragorn's standard, right? Would Galadriel go to Rivendell, maybe? She did arrive with Elrond and the others in ROTK.
Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:21 AM   #14
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

where are you all getting the idea there will be a love scene?

i really dont think there will be. its too much of a serious film for that and the kind of people that want to see a hot steamy love seen wont go to a heavy going so many names to remmber movie in three parts! i think PJ must have realised that!

Old 05-13-2002, 11:23 AM   #15
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

It could indeed be in rivendell on a bier - but I would have tyhought it was on the hill where they were betrothed - Cerin Amroth ? - Im in work so I cant check my facts - in Lothlorien ,as seen through the mirror of Galadriel - come on Im right arnt I ??!!
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Only in dreams
Old 05-13-2002, 11:48 AM   #16
aldesign
Elven Warrior

so, can i put money on some steamy Elf sex or not?
i mean, its Liv, we all want to see it!!!!!!

lol
andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 11:53 AM   #17
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

I thought elves were into asexual reproduction - I mean theres not a lot of butch elves left is there , the only reason we got Arwen is because Elrond was only Halfeleven ( presumably the top half).
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Only in dreams
Old 05-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #18
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ringbearer
(O.K., I admit it, I reread all the even semi-mushy parts )
I love the semi-mushy and the mushy parts! They make me cry because they are so sweet....I am just like that. Don't roll your eyes!

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #19
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

You guys... Arwen will not kill the Witch-King. Relax!

Old 05-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #20
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
And about the "It will take his life..."...she's probably referring to how he cannot enjoy life after the ring is destroyed.