Old 04-22-2002, 02:54 PM   #61
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I think it's Bropous, actually.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 12:54 AM   #62
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Tomfoolofatook, you really ought to see it. It's not the book, it's something else,but it's totally cool. It's great to see somebody else's vision of the book.
I just read FotR for the I -forget-how-many- times. But I can't see how anyone could see the movie 8 or 9 times, by then you could just watch it in your head. Though I have to admit the 2nd time I saw it, I saw a lot more than the first.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:47 AM   #63
Sween
im quite stupid

Gandalf

Ive seen it 30 times now. i downloaded it off the internet
Old 04-23-2002, 07:25 PM   #64
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

i have only seen it one time!
it left our theater a LONG time ago and there i cant find it playing anywhere near me...bummer, eh?
Old 04-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #65
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

30! wow. How many times have you seen it at the cinema?
I have seen it 9 times, three times with the TT trailer.
I also bought the souintrack and i know the film so well i almost play it in my head. I always put in Frodo's Noooooooooooo! when Gandalf falls into the abyss at Kazad- dum. But i have aquired strange looks from my family now.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:42 PM   #66
Sween
im quite stupid

only 2 at cinima
Old 04-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #67
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

When did u last go and see it?

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Old 04-30-2002, 04:48 PM   #68
Sween
im quite stupid

January!!!!! my local cinima **** so i hav 2 travel
Old 04-30-2002, 09:09 PM   #69
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Thanks for keeping track, CBG!

Actually now I have seen The Fellowship of the Ring thirteen times so far in the theaters, and will probably see it again this weekend, if it is still there. Why have I seen it so much? I waited for this film since 1977, when a lot of you were still glints in yer father's eye, ever since I read the books for the first time. Was I pleased? Thoroughly, unequivocally, absolutely. I still cry at the death of Boromir, the fall of Gandalf, and when Bilbo breaks down in Rivendell. And I still sit on the very edge of my seat while the Two Towers trailer is showing, absorbing every detail and nuance. In itself it is a piece of art.

The film, as a whole, is a masterwork of the filmmaker's art.

Is it the books? Nope. It is a film, and those who have only seen the film do not know Tolkien like we who have read him (twenty-six times now for me). However, for those who have read the books, the film is a great resource. Excellent visualizations, fantastic cinematography, a moving soundtrack and impeccable acting, this film grows more beautiful each time I see it. And it has actually spurred me to more fully appreciate the books [what has also gotten me to love the books more, and understand them more deeply, has been interacting with other lovers of Tolkien here on the Moot].

The piece de resistance was the addition of the Two Towers trailer, which wrapped up all the "loose ends" the prior version had, and sets the stage for the jaw-dropping, heart-stoppong next two films.

I must disagree with Beard of Pants, the film is a masterwork and a great retelling of the Master's works. Good enough for a fourteenth viewing!

[grrrrr........888 was such a great number to "hover" on.......oh well, if I don't break down and Moot once in a while I feel I will burst.....welcome to all the new folks!!!]
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 09:32 AM   #70
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

I have seen the movie 7 times at the cinema and many more times through different means - If anyone disapproves , I will say three hails mary's and beat myself severely every second Tuesday. The same as Bropous , I read it in 77 at the tender age of 12 and have continued to read it since then , I have wanted to see this movie for many years and I was not dissapointed.
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 04:51 PM   #71
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I only started reading the book when I heard a that a film was coming out and i wanted some background info. Now look at me; i am an obsessed Tolkien fan who now all her friends, apart from a few exceptions, think that she is strange. I have read the book fully (not skipping to my favourite parts) 6 times, as i only started reading it early last year and the film 9 times.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

Old 05-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #72
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I, like Sween, have seen it many,many times. After all that, I dragged my husband to the theater to see it on the big screen. (It wasn't a very big screen though! Gee when did movie screens shrink, in the 80's?) I really get a lot of enjoyment playing the soundtrack and seeing the movie in my head. Needless to say, my family would rather I spend this time making delicious meals.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:15 PM   #73
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Five times, all legitimately.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 03:18 PM   #74
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Needless to say, my family would rather I spend this time making delicious meals.
How incredibly sexist. Are you the resident homebody. *blurk*

*Breaks out in a cold sweat.*

I have bad feelings already about TTT: Judging by the score (which I hope is not final - that horn/hero section is very generic), more Arwen, and that silly "fight" scene between Aragorn & Eowyn... ggrrrr....

Oh, and the box is mine.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:57 PM   #75
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Gee Beardofpants, How dumb! Sexist, hahaha, what is that! In my world people work together to do what they can to help their loved ones be happy. I'm an excellent cook and I can show my love in this way. I won't waste anymore time trying to explain it to you. I'd rather eat at my house on thanksgiving than yours!

Last edited by Lizra : 05-04-2002 at 05:05 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:35 PM   #76
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
I've seen it 9 times!!!!!!!!!! . each time was soooooo great and each time i got a new fav person. now mine is Sam. for a while it was Aragorn, then Gandalf, Legolas, Borimer, Gimli, Merry, Bill the poney (don't ask), Pippin, and now Sam.

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #77
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

sniff...sniff...sob... the...lord...of...sob...the rings has stopped playing at my cinema!!!!!!
sniff...sob
I have seen it 9 times and it has gone; down in the west behind the hills into shadow...noooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

Old 05-06-2002, 07:17 PM   #78
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
Quote:
sniff...sniff...sob... the...lord...of...sob...the rings has stopped playing at my cinema!!!!!!
I know how thou feels! for it has also drifted for away from our local cinema and as gone to Ithica and there it shall stay intill it may stay no more. but hope remains, for it shan't be long till the two towers shall lift our hearts and be in the cinema for many days and many loney nights.

ooooo that's sounds cool!

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:11 PM   #79
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

BeardofPants, how dumb. I agree with Lizra wholeheartedly (and welcome to the Moot, Lizra!).

As for records, now fourteen viewings. I think that is my last time at the theater, all in all I've bought about 25 tickets for the film, I've done my part, Peter.

The Two Towers. Bring it on.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 03:59 PM   #80
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I seriously need my heart to be lifted. Its SATs week! My lucky charm is a mini poster of LOTR. Actually it is very distracting as i spend more time looking at it than actually working. lol.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"