Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2001, 09:06 PM   #41
Darth Tater

Re: Rumour

That page is not totally accurate. Chances are we will see at least some of the scouring
Old 05-25-2001, 04:03 AM   #42
IronParrot

Yeah, but they DID at least form a workable hypothesis from the evidence available...

There's nothing to disprove that idea.

Oh well, at least I'm sure PJ will keep the departure to the Grey Havens intact, since he's said in interviews that it's his favorite segment of the novel...
Old 05-25-2001, 09:08 PM   #43
Film Hobbit

If they don't keep the scouring, the departure from Grey Havens will be ruined. If you leave out the scouring, to my mind you should end the film with Aragorn's wedding. Anything else will be totally disjointed and anti-climactic...

And since I doubt PJ would do this, I'm betting we'll see something of the scouring.
Old 06-14-2001, 08:03 PM   #44
Samwise of the shire

Jeez peoples

TAKE A BREAK!!!!!!You cant expect PJ to follow every single bleepin detail,it will be a pity if he cut the Scouring Of The Shire and The Grey Havens,but I bet that Frodo and Gandalf will somhow be on there way you know why? I saw a picture of Sam coming home to Bag End and greeting Elanor so that means that he must've gone somewhere.Did anyone notice this was the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING not the Return Of The King he was talking about?So I guess that puts a little time between the next idiotic finicky post about LOTR(but I really think it'd be cool having Frodo saying that thing at the beggining and I think that the other junk that guy put in there-like Frodo reading the book and all three hobbits being caught by Gandalf-was just idiotic detail orentated syndrome )dont worry about it peoples
Sam
Old 06-15-2001, 01:04 AM   #45
Inoldonil

Re: Jeez peoples

Film Hobbit (if that is specifically who you were talking to) did not suppose they were cutting out the Grey Havens, but stated he thought cutting out the Scouring would ruin the Grey Havens scenes. But regardless of what anyone said, try to be nice If you by chance know more about 'the movies' than someone else on a point, point out where you saw it, in a polite way if you please, help them. I think it goes over much better.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:10 AM   #46
Darth Tater

Re: They had better not cut the Scouring of the Shire!

Oh! It appears us admins are totally unnecesary! The Huorns are running everything fine! Maybe us old ents should grow roots somewhere
Old 06-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #47
IronParrot

Yes. Okay, now let's go back to the admin forum and have another party.
Old 06-15-2001, 09:02 PM   #48
Inoldonil

:lol:

You know it's a funny thing about that Moderator's Forum, you kinda need a password to get in ... and seeing as I don't have one .. it appears I'm not invited. Curious.