Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2002, 12:33 AM   #1
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Sources of Info

Is there any more information to be found about Mirkwood Elves, Rangers of the North and the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain? Besides that in the Hobbit?
I'm asking because I need some info for an extensive "Peoples of Middle Earth" fanfic idea I have.

Any help?

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 12:43 AM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

The Encyclopedia of Arda probably has something. You might also try a Google search...

I just wrote a Mirkwood fanfic for school!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:21 AM   #3
Findegil
Elven Warrior

I will deal with the people you asked for in single because that makes things easier:

-Mirkwood Elves: You can find a short history of their realm in the Unfinished Tales. It's in the appendix to the chapter about Galadriel.

-Rangers of the North: Never had seen any hint about them in The Hobbit, but The Lord of Ring is full of them. Especialy the Apendix A is much worth here. For some extanded story you can also look in The History of Middle-Earth volume 12:The Peoples of Middle-Earth were you can find JRR Tolkien longer manuscripts for the apendices.

-Dwarves of Erebor: Here also the Apendix A of The Lord of the Ring and The History of Middle-Earth volume 12:The Peoples of Middle-Earth will be helpful. Especialy the second bock will profied you with the story Of Men and Dwarves that gives a short history of the realm formed in the north by the ancestores of the Men of Thal and the Rohirrim in conjuncter with the Dwarves of Durin's House in the early second age.

Hope this helps
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 03:00 PM   #4
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

The War of the Jewels (Part 2 of The History of the Silmarillion and Vol. XI of The History of Middle-earth) also has some helpful tidbits abouts the Wood-elves. Or anyway a completed essay in there called Quendi and Eldar does.