Old 12-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #61
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

Just so you know I am entering my own things preseded by s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nameless One
For me those are probably the only things they got right in the cartoon version. And saying that Jackson's ford scene is crap is an icreadably blunt statement with no reasons supporting why you think its crap. The only thing I didn't like about that scene is when Arwen says"If you want him, come and claim him." She just sounds corny to me. Other than that I thought it was very well done...especially when she spoke in elvish to bring forth the river.Here's a few reasons I dont like Bakshi's version.

1.) Bakshi's version had no elvish (to my knowledge ) at all in the movie. I could be wrong though cause I haven't seen the video I got in like a year. But I have no recolecing of any elvish. Using elvish would have made the elves a little more believable.

2.) All of the battle scenes are too dark and you can't see whats happening. Especially the scene when the rohirrim battle the orcs near fangorn.

3.) all the orcs look like cavemen and they dance instead of fight.

4.) The Aruman mistake is unforgivable.

5.) The way Boromir prononces Minias Tirith....Minus Tirith? Whats up with that...the poor guy cant even say the name of his own city correctly.
I thout he was right!

6.) Boromir looks like a Viking ready to rape and pilage and drink ale till he drops.

7.) The Bolrog looks like a freakin manticore....????

8.) the whole movie feels rushed especially when the TTT portion of the movie starts. Like they got tired and lazy and just stoped caring.

9.) Treebeard is in only ONE freakin scene! and he looks like a giant carrot/stump more than a tree.
He's in it?!?!

10.) the last thing Ill mention is the lack of explanation for accuring events. There is little to nothing explaned. The movie plays through like everyone is already familier with the story so therefore they dont have to explain anything because that would take to much time away from dancing orcs and mispronunciations of important key names and cities.

I think Im done. Sorry for wasting your time with my ranting
Don't worry!
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #62
me9996
Ring-smith

Strider Oh boy, more.

Another thing: The orc horns (And all horns in it) are squeky!
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 01-05-2005, 02:01 AM   #63
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

I just purchased The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien and in his letter #210 he discusses his feelings concering the film version [1958]. I was wondering which film version that was? Is it the animated version?* I, personally, only know of three film versions; two animated and one by Peter Jackson. So which film is it exactlly?

*Also I appologize if the letter #210 does not discuss the animated version, as if that is the case this is a slight off topic post for this thread. Though I'm sure you mooters wont mind that.

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #64
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

btw, i review the animated film as well as P film in my essay, follow top link in sig
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #65
azalea
Long lost mooter

A belated response to Halbarad's query: I believe the production refered to in Letters was eventually scrapped due to funding or some such thing.
It doesn't refer to either of the animated movies.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #66
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Speaking of underfunding, why didn't Bakshi finish the movie? Did he have some unforseen expense? Why wouldn't he be able to get more money?

I bet a lot of movies go over budged but you don't see many unfinished ones out there.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:56 PM   #67
me9996
Ring-smith

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Speaking of underfunding, why didn't Bakshi finish the movie? Did he have some unforseen expense? Why wouldn't he be able to get more money?

I bet a lot of movies go over budged but you don't see many unfinished ones out there.
I've seen... one.

P.S.
The 90 second rule... for the good of all mooters or sinister plot?
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!

Old 02-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #68
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I do not know for the time before PJ&Co.'s LOTR but now Bakshi does not want to finish the film he started. From the interview it also seems that he is bitter at PJ&Co.

FPS-frames per second magazine » better living through animation

Quote:
FPS: "In the spirit of Lord of the Rings" considering you did the first one.

BAKSHI: I'll send it to them! Are you kidding? I'm not going to let that one slide. "In the spirit of Lord of the Rings, I want to do Wizards II." I'll use it.

BAKSHI: [I've been asked] to finish Rings in animation. I really don't want to.

FPS: That was one of the questions I wanted to ask.

BAKSHI: I know that. Everyone wants to ask that question. Why should you be different?

FPS: Because we're all curious. We love Lord of the Rings the books, we liked your Lord of the Rings, we liked the Peter Jackson one.

BAKSHI: The picture was just done. I don't want to do a picture that's been done. He's finished it! It's no fun doing something that's been done. It's just no fun for me. Why would I want to spend three or five years working doing something that someone else did?

FPS: Good point.

BAKSHI: If I got the same money he had, I could grind him into the ground with mine, but the point is, why bother? Everyone knows that anyhow.

FPS: I'm definitely a fan of your version of Lord of the Rings, as well as the Peter Jackson one.

BAKSHI: [My version]had more character, more soul, more heart. Less sneaker selling.

FPS: We thought it was pretty obvious at several points in the Peter Jackson version that they did take a couple of riffs from you.

BAKSHI: Uh huh. They took everything from me. The ring wraiths were taken from me. There was a lot! I mean, I designed the ring wraiths.

FPS: Now, I know Peter Jackson said he also saw your films, and obviously it was some degree of an influence. I mean, how do you take that?

BAKSHI: Oh, some degree of an influence! Holy ****! Some degree of an influence! What are you talking about?

FPS: Hey, I can be diplomatic either way, see? [laughs]

BAKSHI: Let me ask you a question. You're a bright lad in Montreal, right? Some degree of an influence. Look. I'm sitting here with a book called Lord of the Rings, and no film to look at. Every ****ing thing you're looking at in Rings I—the design, Gimli, Aragon, the dwarfs, the elves, all that stuff—I came up with, basically because there was nothing to look at. Peter Jackson looked at it and said, I like that, I don't like that, I can improve on that. Who are you kidding? Look at his Lothlorien. Look at my backgrounds of Lothlorien. Take a look! He had much more to see than I did, and if you don't think he lifted it over and over again, you're wrong. I mean, how did he design a knife in Lord of the Rings? How did he design a sword? How did he design the dwarf with his axe? How did he design the fur around him? Why did Peter Jackson put fur around the dwarf? Because I put fur around the dwarf! Why would the dwarf have fur naturally? You see, I could give you a billion little things. I wish I had a movie to look at. That's fine for Peter [Jackson]. But for you to say "somewhat"—****. ****, that's ridiculous.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 02-23-2005 at 07:54 PM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #69
me9996
Ring-smith

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrand1r
I do not know for the time before PJ&Co.'s LOTR but now Bakshi does not want to finish the film he started. From the interview it also seems that he is bitter at PJ&Co.

FPS-frames per second magazine » better living through animation
Ah...
That explains it...
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!