Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Special Features on RotK DVD

I haven't gotten to watch these yet. Have you? Reviews? Which parts do you like best?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
Elanor the Fair
Elven Warrior

I watched the special features as soon as I got the DVD home. I was more interested in these than the movie since I had already seen the movie 6 times!!

It was pretty much a lot of similar material as the special features from the other movies, still good though, as it links to the last movie. The featurettes - A Closer Look at the People and Places of Middle Earth was good. The only disappointment was that not all the major characters were covered here.

I think the part I liked the most was watching the variety of trailers - you catch glimpses of scenes that are not in the movie - presumably these will be in the extended edition.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:54 AM   #3
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

I loved the special features. I dont own it I Rented it. I am waiting for EE. Cant wait to see those.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:18 AM   #4
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I enjoyed them. I wish there were more. I'm really eager for the EE version! I'm just the kind of nerd that likes watching those "this is how we made this part" type things

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:13 AM   #5
Haradrim

Hey before you call youself a nerd let he who has not watched the making of the movie on EE cast the first stone. I did an entire school project on them at school. I am forever labeled as a nerd but who cares I had to estch the entire LOTR trilogy and all the extras for school. SO when my mom was like why are you watching that when you should be doing hw I was like I am doing my hw. Man that was fun. Got an A + on that.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:17 AM   #6
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Hey Rian I like watching those parts to anyway it just gives me a way to watch more LotR.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:15 PM   #7
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Personally I was very disapointed by the Special Features on the Theatrical Version of The Return of the king! Fwellowship and Two Towers had much better special features, and interviews, and whatever else. Return of the King seemed to be rushed! Several of the archive interview footage was repeated in all of the features! There were about three or so in total and they all basically were about, and had, the same things in them. The lordoftherings.net material was okay but like the others like them in the other films it was ment for the website and can be seen there before the movie even comes out. I liked the film and liked the special features, I just feel it was a little short changed as compared to the other films. Im sure Return of the King Extended DvD will have an incredible amount of special features to satisfy me however!

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:37 PM   #8
Haradrim

Yeah I mean withthe amount of extra stuff they are putting in EE they may have run out of time for the regular one. So they spent most of their energy on the EE. Imagine once that comes out PJ and crew will not work on anything LOTR again. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #9
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

No I read somewhere that PJ might make the Hobbit.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #10
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

You can read about that right here at the Moot Telcontar. Check the Hobbit thread most of us are keeping posted there. Its down tio a few possibilities for the Hobbit by PJ to happen. though back to Return fo the King, i think it had such disappointing extra footage due to the fact it was released earlier than the other two. 2 months or so i think...

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:41 PM   #11
Haradrim

yeah I was wondering why it came out so much earlier