Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2003, 04:11 PM   #141
Entlover
Elven Warrior

A composite image is like a collage - they take the scene with the horses running forwards, and the slice of scene with Legolas dismounting, run it backwards so it looks like he's mounting in some wierd way, and put them together so we rack our brains trying to figure out how he did it.
I think.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 12:52 PM   #142
Daughter of Elros

alrighty then.
Quote:
Legolas' eyes do not change colour. He has dark blue eyes, they made it an unealrty blue, seeing as he's an elf. when is eyes are not in the light, they look just as black as his pupils, esp. in the scene where the peasents of Rohan are getting ready to fight. In the sunlight, or lightning flash, or bright light, they regain thier blue colour.
Sorry dear, but I have to disagree. Chocolate brown looks nothing like blue. And 90% of the time, Legolas' eyes are definately brown. My guess is that the contacts bothered his eyes or something, so they only put them in when they knew they were going to do close-ups of his eyes.
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:02 PM   #143
Daughter of Elros

Quote:
On the trip from Edoras to Helms Deep I noticed that Eowyn was wearing a long sleeved dress with a fur collar and carried no baggage. Then as she entered Helms Deep she has on a jumper and a basket is strapped to her back.
I would assume, being royalty, it was a priveledge granted to her to change, and I just thought that she took someone else's pack to lighten their load and be the ever perfect goddess of men that she is.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:08 PM   #144
Daughter of Elros

There was a discussion on Faramir's hair? The thing there is... David Wenham looks...erm... interesting with black hair. We'll leave it at that. if ya don't beleive me, go watch Moulin Rouge again. Though the lipstick, mascara, and eyeshadow might throw your perception off a bit...
Old 03-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #145
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

OMG, i can't believe noone saw the sword part! in the scene where Eomer has just mounted his horse, aragorn looks over his left shoulder as Eomer says the line "look for your freinds. but do not trust a hope..." eomer's sword slips all the way out of his scabbard, and falls (you can't see it hit the ground, but you can see the end of the sword fall out) the actor then looks down to the ground, as if he is thinking "Oops! maybe noone will notice!"
Old 03-31-2003, 09:04 PM   #146
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Sam Gamgee the dumbest mistake!!!

I can't believe you guys didn't catch this! I was sitting in the theater for the 5th time....that's how long it took me to catch this though...so i'll give you guys some credit.

During the Helm's Deep scene, Aragorn screams 'laddars' in elvish. GIMLI UNDERSTANDS! He says "YES!" Now...how is that possible? Gimli can't speak elvish and he can't see over the wall in front of him because he's too short? well.....nice job PJ! haha.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:19 PM   #147
azalea
Long lost mooter

Someone did mention that somewhere (I forget where).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote