Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2003, 09:21 PM   #21
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Ah, yes, not in this thread. I've posted a few other places, but not in the right thread. Anyway, here it is officially.

Arwen jumps ship just before they pull out of harbor, and swims to shore. The little horse wrassler whistles for Asfaloth, and rides to Minas Tirith. She arrives just when the noble Theoden falls. Rather than see his fallen body desecrated by the Witch-King, she fights the Captain of Despair, with the aid of none but Merry

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 10:22 PM   #22
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Of course, Glorfindel was in the book too... but I don't think Gimli will be cut out or anything. Maybe mocked mercilessly, but he will be on the Paths of the dead.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:02 PM   #23
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Aranwe
Legolas (and Gimli) go with Aragorn anyway... it's in the book
No way! lol I know that, however so do Elrond's sons, but they aren't in the movies...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #24
Aranwe
Enting

Do we know that for certain? They turn up with the rangers and since that hasn't happened in the movies yet they wouldn't have been in it.

I know there's rumours going about but does anyone actually KNOW they wont be in the movies?
Aranwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #25
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

they are not in the cast list of IMDB:

Cast
Elijah Wood .... Frodo Baggins
Billy Boyd .... Peregrin 'Pippin' Took
Dominic Monaghan .... Meriadoc 'Merry' Brandybuck
Sean Astin .... Samwise 'Sam' Gamgee
Ian McKellen .... Gandalf
Ian Holm .... Bilbo Baggins
Viggo Mortensen .... Aragorn
Orlando Bloom .... Legolas Greenleaf
Liv Tyler .... Arwen
Christopher Lee .... Saruman the White
Cate Blanchett .... Galadriel
John Rhys-Davies .... Gimli
Bernard Hill .... Théoden
Brad Dourif .... Gr*ma Wormtongue
Miranda Otto .... Éowyn
Karl Urban .... Éomer
John Noble .... Denethor
David Wenham .... Faramir
Alexandra Astin .... Elanor Gamgee
Sala Baker .... Sauron
Wi Kuki Kaa .... Ghan-buri-Ghan
Lawrence Makoare .... The Witch King of Angmar
Sarah McLeod (II) .... Rosie Cotton
Andy Serkis .... Gollum
Bruce Spence .... The Mouth of Sauron
Stephen Ure .... Gorbag
Hugo Weaving .... Elrond

but that alone is no proof for their missing.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:47 PM   #26
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Where did you find that cast list?
Old 02-15-2003, 01:57 PM   #27
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

From www.imdb.com

That was my reasoning for saying there is no Elladan/Elrohir as well

Thanks Lalaith
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #28
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

If somebody of you had the phone number of PJ we could call and ask him. *gg*
Old 02-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #29
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

I was reading the Tolkien's famous "all those who wander are not lost" poem about Aragorn and the sword-that-was-broken last night. I was struck by how powerful and dramatic that poem is and then I suddenly got excited when I realized it will probably be spoken in the next movie...by Arwen when she gives the sword to Aragorn.

How does that strike the rest of you?
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #30
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I @#$% hope not.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #31
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
didnt bilbo write that poem? I hope she doesnt take that from Bilbo
Old 02-15-2003, 06:14 PM   #32
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Gah! I bet your right! That two-timing little...First, she steals Glorfindel's horse, lines, and screen-time; then, she steals time which could have been spent developing the Ents, or sending Frodo into Shelob's lair, and now she'll probably finish her career with stealing Bilbo's poem, if not Eowyn's Nazgul-smiting sequence thingummy! What twit told PJ there was an Elf princess?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #33
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
What twit told PJ there was an Elf princess?
I don't know, but when I found out, I'm gonna... tickle them!!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #34
straight_face
Enting

Strider My opinion

If you really are anticipating what is going to happen with Arwen in the Return of the King, stop first and look back to what they have already done. For instance, Arwen was only introduced in Rivendell when she was seated beside Elrond (this part being in the Fellowship of the Ring). This was the only time she was featured in the book. Now, look how much they have blown up her character! (I wish she would be blown up) Then, in the Two Towers, she wasn't featured at all, yet her part in this movie may have been longer than her part in the Fellowship. Now, considering she was on a few pages in the Return of the King after marrying Aragorn, she'll most likely take up the whole movie. That said, she'll probably jump in front of the screen, wrestle the Ring from Frodo and Gollum, and destory the Ring herself. So... what dost thou think of my theory? I'd much enjoy a private message if you will. This is but merely what I'm hypothesizing.
'There was no need. He halted just by us and looked down at us. "Gandalf!" I said at last, but my voice was only a whisper. Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasant surprise!" No, indeed! He said: "Get up, you tom-fool of a Took! Where, in the name of wonder, in all this ruin is Treebeard? I want him. Quick!"'

'What are we going to do now then?' asked Pippin, undaunted by the wizard's bristling brows.
"Knock on the door with your head, Peregrin Took,' said Gandalf. 'But if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will seek for the opening words.'

'Fool of a Took!' he growled. 'This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!'
straight_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 03:41 AM   #35
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Ouch... I hope not straight face. And Gwaimir, when you posted that spoiler, you were just kidding right? Uh... right??

In answer to someone's previous question, the "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost..." poem was written by Bilbo about Aragorn. He recites in in FotR at the council of Elrond to stick up for Aragorn. (This is that part where, in the movie, Legolas is like "respect Aragorn fool!")

It wouldn't make sense for Arwen to recite it, but it is possible. I don't think she will have as much screen time as many of you speculate. She was hardly in TTT, even though that much was built on nothing.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:29 AM   #36
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Maybe Arwen will be safing Faramir from his father or she'll be on the boats as the beautiful sailor woman. *gg*
Old 02-26-2003, 08:45 PM   #37
Gaporli
Hobbit

She will give up her immortality to live with Aragorn, all you have to do is read the apendix in the third book.
Gaporli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:51 PM   #38
Gaporli
Hobbit

She will give up her immortality to live with Aragorn, all you have to do is read the apendix in the third book.
Gaporli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #39
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

I think they made Arwen to lovesick for my liking. She was hardly metioned in the books, except for the appendix, as Gaporli said.

Did you post twice on purpose?
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #40
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
I think everybody in here has read the appendices. We are just joking around. Making fun of the huge Arwen produced by PJ.