Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-24-2002, 12:07 AM   #21
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Perhaps it was Mrs. Peacock in the Conservatory with the Lead pipe?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:57 PM   #22
elvendrummer87
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
Um...why are you asking? Because it's starting to give me a story idea where a murderer goes on the internet asking people's input on how to commit a perfect crime, pretending of course that it's just a friendly little innocent discussion of murder. And the murderer gathers all these ideas from people, and goes out and commits real murders based on the ideas he/she has gotten. *clamps her hand over her mouth*
Sorry, I can't help it, I always think of these things!

Of course, that isn't what's really happening...is it?
no, I'm not plotting a crime based off of people's inputs. It's just a game my friends and I play once and awhile.
elvendrummer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 06:11 PM   #23
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Hmm...
I would probably not kil anyone but lets see.

First you must wear gloves.(No fingerprints)
Then you go to the persons house and use a cell phone to tlak to them. (No id on the id thingy)
Then use a one bullet sniper gun and go to the persons house.
Don't use a car just use a horse.(He he)
Shoot the person then drop gun and gallop away wearing mask. Fake sized shoes and all black outfit.
I know I would get caught though.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #24
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn
Perhaps it was Mrs. Peacock in the Conservatory with the Lead pipe?
I've got it! The answer is: all of the above! Everybody killed Mr. Boddy. Case closed.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:28 PM   #25
katya
Elven Maiden

[note:I went on and on and on so this is in two pages. both are important]

[page one:]

Have any of you guys read Crime and Punishment? It would give a lot of insight early on about having "the perfect crime" all planned out then getting there and what happens, why people get caught, etc. etc. ...I don't think I could pull the perfect crime off even if I did plan it and even if I was not completely against murder (and stealing, and a number of other things).

However, I guess it depends on your definition of crime. I have commited numerous crimes in the past wtih no chance of future consequence at all.

But I like the idea of the murder crime. (again, I am agaist killing) I will have to think of what would be the best but in the meantime, some ideas...

1. Use the other people living in a country for an excuse and kill a ton of innocents. This one I think could really have some possibilities. I mean, you could get away with thousands of innocent deaths without even technically breaking the law as long as you have the power...hmmm...must run for president...

2. ...OK quit.

I quit now. I think of all these things that might work if it weren't for human nature. I mean, after the murder was carried out, if you even got that far, you would have to deal with the guilt, or fear, or both, or maybe mental problems from before (hey you are a killer after all) and I don't know that I would last long with out calling attention to myself with out being a sociopath. I guess if the victim lived far away it would be easier if you just went home afterwards but friends might even jokingly be like "hey, that's odd. you left for [city], a crime was commited there, and then you came back...it was you!" which if they were serious you would be a suspect already and if they were joking, it's probably going to end up getting to you unless you have almost no emotion at all. They would porbably notice if they weren't stupid. But think about it. There are so many things like that that you would never notice, but they pop up to haunt you.

One thing you could do to avoid problems with the whole leave town thing is obviously don't just go, kill, and come back. That's like being poor, robbing a bank, then buying a boat the next day. You just don't do that.
Your friends might cause poroblems. Then you would have to lie to them and tell them you were going somewhere different. Your close friends would want to get in touch with you, and you might end up getting caught not being where you are supposed to be unless you are careful. It would help even more to have no frineds. Of course, if you have them, you can't just break off all your friendships suddenly with no explanation. That's suspicious especially if you leave and come back, as I said before. The good friends would be worried about you and not just let you shut them out. So you would have to do it gradually. This is a constraint with this plan. It's not impossible to keep your friends however, although it would be better overall. Friends ask a lot of questions. "Are you OK?" and so on. If you freaked out after the murder, they are sure to notice. It's likely that you would, whether do to guilt, fear, or whatever else. Your friends would want to know why. This might arouse suspicion.

Last edited by katya : 11-28-2002 at 12:09 AM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:10 AM   #26
katya
Elven Maiden

[page two]

You could also go move to somewhere for the summer, say. Then you could find a victim. This random victim thing is odd but since you would have no ties, there would be less evidence linking you to them. I am not sure what this would do to your motivation. The thing is, with a random victim, you have to preferably spend some time getting to know their habits. There is the risk here of getting caught spying. There comes along with that a whole new line of potential discoveries and suspicion here. However, it's important that you know a bit about the person. Are they home then? When does company usually show up? and so on...

Back to the moving thing. This might seem a bit less suspicious. What else might work, is moving somewhere, establishing NO friendship with anyone for a couple months; no one knows you're there. Everyday you commute out of town to somewhere else where you chose the victim and and watch them. When you are prepared to actually commmit the crime, you simply include it as part of your commute. You might want to get home quickly before anyone finds out about it so you have no trouble on your way home. I keep thinking about crossing the border because I live so close to it, but this is right out. Anyway, then you continue to stay at your home, with no one knowin gwho you are. The town of residence should be an adequate distance from the town of the murder. After anothe couple months continuing your daily commute, you move back home. Assuming you don't flip out and give yourself away, you probably are not in much danger. If you do flip out, you might want to stay home and not communte. After all, you no longer have anything to do in city B. This brings up another issue. That would be about what you are going to actually do in the town. You shouldn't get a job there since this ties you to the town. You might park your car in a place where people go, maybe work, say a mall or something. Then go and wait out a few hours somewhere wher eno one would find you. This seems obsessive but what else are you going to do? Ther must be a way without spending hours in the same place everyday. You could wander through shops or malls and cafes and such but eventually people would recognize you. Make sure city B is really big. Yes that would be best.

After you have done it (when did this become second person??) i suppose wait a month or two keeping still away from human contact more than ever. Then move to city C. It would be good to be out of state perhaps. If you feel up to it, resume human contact, and gradually become part of society again. if you are having feelings of guilt (which is likey throughout the whole ordeal) I guess you shouldn't have been dumb enough to kill someone for no reason anyway. If you don't then there's a chace of getting away with murder. Of course the actual murder is obviously a whole 'nother story so I'll maybe come back to that.

Of course this whole thing is messed up because something is bound to go wrong. The possibilities are endless.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:34 AM   #27
katya
Elven Maiden

Oh i forgot to say. You could also just go somewhere where murder is the norm or something else like that where no one would care, but that's kind of cheap. It's too easy and deletes the purpose of having the perfect crime in the first place. Or you could do a million other things. But I'm gettin ahead of myself nwo again. The thing I was goin to say would fit under that thing about what happens during the actual murder that i said i would come back too.I never realized how interesting this was.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:15 PM   #28
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

the perfect crime to me would be killing someone you never knew in your life. well it would all start with me picking up a hitch hiker. then take them to a rural area out in the woods. kill them then feed their body to the dogs. wait thats kind of... not right forget i said this

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote