Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-22-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
elvendrummer87
Enting

The perfect murder/crime

I hope this hasn't been done before but here it goes. EVeryone has had the discussion on how to commit the perfect crime. (Or at least my family has;then again, my family's not exactly normal...) anmyway, how would you do it? How would you commit the perfect crime?
elvendrummer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:17 PM   #2
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

it is quite simple.......... I wouldn't!!!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:51 PM   #3
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Oh come now, surely no one here would ever dream of breaking the law? I'm mean just because we've all bent a few rules and all, that doesn't mean we would ever plot a crime, I think. Really, we're all just innocent Mooters.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Oh, BTW, I like both of your sigs a lot.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:56 PM   #5
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

The perfect crime hmm? (Not that I'd ever dream of commiting one- my Dad's a copper!!!!) I suppose the best way to commit a crime is to go through every crime ever commited and every novel written about it, find where the bad guy always falls down and don't do that!!!! Not that I'd know though as I can never get through crime fiction- no dragons- boring! I suppose you need the will of a crim as well to be able to contemplate the perfect crime and I just don't have the wish to be on the wrong side of right as Bon Jovi would say. Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 06:10 PM   #6
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Um...why are you asking? Because it's starting to give me a story idea where a murderer goes on the internet asking people's input on how to commit a perfect crime, pretending of course that it's just a friendly little innocent discussion of murder. And the murderer gathers all these ideas from people, and goes out and commits real murders based on the ideas he/she has gotten. *clamps her hand over her mouth*
Sorry, I can't help it, I always think of these things!

Of course, that isn't what's really happening...is it?
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 06:13 PM   #7
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
Um...why are you asking? Because it's starting to give me a story idea where a murderer goes on the internet asking people's input on how to commit a perfect crime, pretending of course that it's just a friendly little innocent discussion of murder. And the murderer gathers all these ideas from people, and goes out and commits real murders based on the ideas he/she has gotten. *clamps her hand over her mouth*
Sorry, I can't help it, I always think of these things!

Of course, that isn't what's really happening...is it?
Scary incidental music!!!!! Are we safe in our beds- is the Moot a secret underground crime network and are we helpless victims *falls off chair in a faint*- *recovers, sniggering at corney drama sequence* Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 06:20 PM   #8
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
Scary incidental music!!!!! Are we safe in our beds- is the Moot a secret underground crime network and are we helpless victims *falls off chair in a faint*- *recovers, sniggering at corney drama sequence* Mx
If the Moot is a secret underground crime network or one o' them scary secret societies, and we're the 'mooters, what does that make us?! We wouldn't be the victims, everyone else would! And then we'd probably all kill each other off, too. I wonder who would be left standing? In all honesty, I'd probably be the first person to get killed.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:38 PM   #9
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Hmm...I'd commit the perfect crime by...breaking into Coles, showing them a book for a dollar (it's expensive there; I saw a mini dictionary for $20.00 Can.) and they'll faint! Mwa ha ha ha! Then I'll steal all the books I want! *eye twitch*
Old 11-22-2002, 08:29 PM   #10
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Well, I much prefer the ongoing saga of Stephano Demara brainwashing his victims, and getting THEM to do his dirty work.

But here goes.

1] Get a hazmat suit
2] steal someones shoes that are too small for you
3] plan your murder, but randomly select your victim
4] watch your victim for a number of days to discover their dailt routines, any family/friends that MAY interupt your "killin'", and the like.
5] go to the doctor for your checkup, steal a pair of his rubber gloves.
6] decide whether or not to kill "up close and personal" or from far off.

7] put all that planning into good use.
8] commit the perfect murder
and 9] Eat Ben & Jerry's and take a relaxing bubble bath.

~~~~~~~
WAY to much thought was put into this.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 11:36 PM   #11
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I wrote this and it's sort of on subject, I guess . . . .
But yeah . . . if I ever go as insane as the character in this scene, then my perfect crime would have something to do with mistletoe. That plant always creeped me out.

I knew when I heard her shriek that she had found Elaine, hung dead and limp from the rafters. Just as I had left her.
Katie’s shriek quickly became a wail with words in it, a terrified opera too high for her alto voice.
“Oh, God, not another, not Elaine, my Elaine; oh, god . . . .”
I smiled in satisfaction at another job well done, at Katie’s terror. All this because of me. The power I had was electric; I felt it sizzle through my bones every time I killed and waited for the screams. They were afraid of me.
They were even more afraid as long as they didn’t know it was me killing them one by one.
“Henry – please come . . .” Katie sobbed, calling her husband’s name, then her daughter’s. Her daughter would never answer her again.
I could hear the thudding of Henry’s feet as he came down the stairs, not knowing what exactly had happened.
He would know, and I could see his anguish, his fear, and his pain, which he tried to shove aside in an attempt to calm and comfort his hysterical wife. His eyes betrayed his heart. Brave fool. Maybe he’d be next.
I saw him lead her from the room and then run to call Officer Shaley at the police department. She was assigned charge of my case, trying to find me.
She wouldn’t, of course. If I were caught, I would lose my power. That couldn’t happen, not now, when I controlled half the police force with every person I killed. They were trying so hard, but failing so easily. I controlled half the town with their fear. That was the weapon I fought mostly with; their own fear. And I knew I would not be caught. I was so very careful in who I killed, where I hid.
They were so slow, and only just connecting the packages of mistletoe I sent to each victim before I killed them, to me, and my deadly power.
I needed a new plant to send before they got too cautious, though. Maybe holly, or a vine that could represent the rope before it even thought of twisting round their necks . . . .
And I needed someone new to send it to.
Tired of Katie’s cries and Henry’s terrified voice on the phone with Shaley, I slipped away into a faraway shadow. They will never find me, I thought, my mind high with power, and then I was gone.

(Am I scaring you yet?)

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 12:24 AM   #12
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
it's starting to give me a story idea where a murderer goes on the internet asking people's input on how to commit a perfect crime,
Has anyone ever read the Perfect Murder? The plotline is, a man who wants to kill his wife writes to five well-known crime authors and asks for their advice, and each of them has a different idea. The plot twist is, they all turn out to hate each other, so by the end of the book everybody is planning to kill everybody else.

But I digress.

There can really be no 'perfect crime' because there are no set criteria. Does it include not getting caught? Getting lots of media attention? Going down in the history books?

It also depends on your motivation. Most seriel killers are mentally or emotionally unstable, and thus incapable of carrying through logically. Most theives have material motivations.

As far as what my idea of the perfect crime is, I make it a point to never do the same thing the same way more than a few times. Avoid having an MO. If you're really insecure and need attention, you can leave a calling card of some sort, but I don't bother with it.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:27 AM   #13
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

serial*

Actually, I SAW a perfect murder, not exactly the saem, but movies stretch the book plots. Obviously. I liked Murder by Numbers plot line. Or at least the creepy kids speech. anyway...

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 01:40 AM   #14
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
If you're really insecure and need attention, you can leave a calling card of some sort, but I don't bother with it.
All I can say about that is, I hope you meant wouldn't, not don't.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:22 PM   #15
Celandine
Elven Warrior

i have no idea how i would commit the perfect crime i should think about it

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone

You can do it a trot, you can do it at a gallop, you can do it at a rate so your heart don't palpatate, just don't be late, do the PUYALLUP

and in the morning i'm makin' WAFFLES

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz. Because, because, because, because, BECAUSE of the wonderful things he does.

I am a banana.

All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel, the monkey thought it was all in fun, POP goes the weasel

Do you think Chelsey's smart?

Texaco, star of the American Road!

You can trust your car with the man who wears the star at the big bright texaco star!!

TEXACO FOREVER!!!

It's texaco.com http://www.texaco.com/texaco/
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 05:45 PM   #16
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
Really, we're all just innocent Mooters.
so true, so compleatly true.

I don't know... a perfect crime.... ok, I will dream about it tonight and let you know what I come up with! Lauryln- nice story!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Old 11-23-2002, 11:08 PM   #17
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Undomial
Lauryln- nice story!
Thank you, Ms. Umdomial!

Was it Professor Plum in the Ballroom with the Candlestick?
*bwahahaha*

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 11-23-2002, 11:12 PM   #18
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurelyn

Was it Professor Plum in the Ballroom with the Candlestick?
*bwahahaha*
No, it was Miss Scarlet in the Billard Room with the revolver!!
Old 11-23-2002, 11:21 PM   #19
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Undomial
No, it was Miss Scarlet in the Billard Room with the revolver!!
Funny, but didn't you just see Mr. Green in the Library with the Knife?

Old 11-23-2002, 11:28 PM   #20
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Really? I thought I just saw Ms White in the Hall with the candle stick?