Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

"I got it!" stories

YAY! I have watched the DVD once already! IT IS MINE! YAY! Sorry. Right now, I'm EXTREMELY tired, but still very hyper. I purchased the movie at Wal-Mart last...I mean early this morning. I was lucky to get it.

I went into the store at 11:57 pm. The shipments were already sitting on a display, to my great delight. I proceeded to the checkout, where the lady very nicely began to check out my ONE item. Then, disaster. Another cashier yelled across to my cashier, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE CAN'T SELL LORD OF THE RINGS UNTIL MIDNIGHT! YOU HAVE TO ABORT THAT TRANSACTION IMMEADIATELY!" I looked at my watch. 11:59 at the earliest. I thought the yelling cashier would send the LOTR-prevention police at me, so to avoid conflict, I merely stepped back a place in line.
The man in front of me had 3 DVDs. (None of them LOTR) But they made him show ID twice. TWICE! I was getting rather impatient when I learned that shift changes were happening right then. The cashier very nicely checked me out before she left. YAY! So I got home and saw my movie very happily. I felt I had conquered the anti-DVD cashier.

Okay, that's my stupid story...any other, better, ones?
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:29 PM   #2
Sween
im quite stupid

Well i had to wait round all day till the insurance man came which was a bit crap so i could not go to town till 1.30. I then went to sainburys to get it (only place that seems to sell vdeos in my tinpot town). There i picked up the video version (i have no DVD) and went to the cashier ne way she had her head in a box by the cash point messing about with summet so i gave her 30 seconds then said hello then the silly bint snaped at me 'im looking 4 change you cannot buy anything thing if you dont have any change' so i gave her a stern glance (i dont know why but up here the level of customer service is awful) and said 'well i will be served now which kinda took her a back' seeing i was pissed off by her she just put on a huff and served me. Not very intresting butm goes to show the level of customer service in west cumbria is awful.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:54 AM   #3
azalea
Long lost mooter

That is pretty bad! We have really bad customer service around here too. Maybe it's a small town thing.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #4
Minyacamiel
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel

Well, mine isn't a story of buying it, (I havn't bought it yet) but a matter of renting it. I walked into the movie store and noticed there was 1 movie left (no DVD's left damn it) so I dashed for it... just in time to see this other lady reaching for it too. It turned into a big argument, and she yelled something about wanting to see her grandson in the movie, (WHAAAAAAT? she said her grandson was Elijah Wood) and I burst out laughing, and then there was kind of a small crowd watching us and she huffed and said "I'll just go to the other store" That was a strange experience for me.... lol but now I think it's funny
Old 08-07-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Well I was going to be very very very geeky and go out and purchase it at my local Supermarket at midnight and say hi to all the other geeky people who stayed up special so they could be one of the first in the country to buy it but I decided against. I went into town and got it and then came home to watch it. It does loose some of the spectical on the small screen but it was fantastic - even my sister coming in to bug me during the Moria battle didn't disturb me.
Hmm...maby I should untie her and take her out the basement now? Perhaps later.
luv
(self confessed LotR geek)Play Girl
xxx

Frodo lives!
Play Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #6
Minyacamiel
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel

hehehehehe this is great
Old 08-07-2002, 03:35 PM   #7
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I've seen it many times, but still......I rented it from blockbuster yesterday. My husband crashed when I was putting my son to bed around ten. I was going to watch it alone, and eat stuff . The DVD wouldn't work for me! I tried, even read the book to the TV. We have so much stuff hooked up, I finally gave up. My husband will fix me up tonight.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #8
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

wow. ive seen it about 5 times on my screen that is taller than me (yes, the tv is taller than me, go figgure. im not a hobbit, i just have a big tv!)
i had to update the bose system with their dorky lil disk before i could watch lotr, so, i waited (impaitiantly, mind you) until ten minutes after noon.

anyways, the story of how i got it eheh

i knew excactly where buest buy was in flint, (i had a hundred some dollars in gift certificates that i was saving from crhistams!) so it took me an ansty half hour to get up there and go to the place, i was about a half hour early ish, so it didn't strike me as odd that there were no cars in the lot. around ten to ten, i was getting nervous that no one else had even blinked at the store.. so i get out of the car and walk up to the window. NOTHING IS INSIDE. now im starting to sweat, then i see the "come visit us at our new location) sticker, and of course i have no idea where their new location is. then, sent form the holy one hisself, i turn around and i pick out a yellow best buy sign theu the trees, just down the road, i skip back to the car and join the other five people waiting for the sotre to open, ( btw, i got the first 'fulscreen' copy off the shelf! my screen adds the bars anyways cause it's too big (hey, my dad got it, must be a guy thing, eh?) so said, whaddaheck, why not go for it
Old 08-07-2002, 08:41 PM   #9
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

I'm watching it right now!

There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:11 AM   #10
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

I`ll wait for November.

I`ll wait to rent this one and save my dollars for the special set in November. Can`t see any logical reason for paying twice for it. Guess I'm becoming frugal in my Fourth Age! LOL
galadriel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:45 AM   #11
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Re: I`ll wait for November.

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel1
I`ll wait to rent this one and save my dollars for the special set in November. Can`t see any logical reason for paying twice for it. Guess I'm becoming frugal in my Fourth Age! LOL
I couldn't wait. The funny thing is that the current version has previews of the special edition. I'll bet when the final box set comes out there will be other "special features" as well.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:06 PM   #12
LuthienTinuviel

think of all the TT spoilers on the extended version. wooohoo!
im glad im a fan! this kinda stuff just makes me so excited i can't sit still!
Old 08-08-2002, 11:54 PM   #13
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

I have already stated this in the DVD thread, but I'll tell it again. So, for as long as I can remember, we've had the same brown/black VCR player. It finally broke! YAY! So just this night, I went to Costco(anyone familiar with that place?), and my Dad bought pizza, a DVD VCR player, and the LotR DVD! Words cannot express the joy I'm feeling. But I have to wait till tomorrow night to watch it! Oh well, at least I'll have a reason to drag myself along through school.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 03:40 AM   #14
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Argh! My sister bought it last night but she won't let us watch it till NEXT WEEKEND! The oldies are going away then so we'll be uninterrupted apart from the occasional 'poor little hobbitses' etc, etc, we go on like that you know.
Next freaking weekend!!!

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #15
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Grr! The first night we watched it, we had to watch it with my 6 year old brother. So my mom naturally got upset about every part, so we skipped around about an hour and 45 minutes in all. I am VERY mad.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 01:48 PM   #16
LuthienTinuviel

my sister the lovley gollum-ess, watched with me on like the fith time i had seen it at home, as soon as the part where aragorn and arwen are on the bridge in rivendell, she yelps out "ARE THEY GOING TO HAVE SEX NOW?!"

makes me so proud that one does...
Old 08-11-2002, 02:15 AM   #17
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

My story is embarrasing. I rented the movie, then the next day my Dad decided to buy it. And I will be getting the release in November. I hope PJ is happy that I have forked out so much money! And guess how many times I have watched it in the past two days: 2 and a half times!! Pretty boring weekend I am having.

Luthien: Throughout the movie my sister was commenting on the hotness of Aragorn/Legolas and which characters were gay. Sisters hey?
Old 08-11-2002, 03:05 PM   #18
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

I, too, rented it this time around and will buy it in November. Birthday money will come in handy then... Anyhoo, i brought it home and was gonna watch it on our new DVD player but I oculdn't get it to work and my dad was gone on a business trip so i just got nice and cozy in the computer chair and watched it there. I didn't expect that many extras on this first edition! They were really good and got me all excited about the second edition

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote