Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2002, 05:21 PM   #41
azalea
Long lost mooter

That will be something if he's able to include the Havens, because he'll have to provide background about it. Maybe they'll end up in Rivendell or something and talk about it there, then show the Havens scene. We may never see our beloved Shire again! No I'm sure they'll have something about Sam and Rose getting married, since he made a point of introducing her character in FotR. Plus we know that Elenor will be in it. So my guess is that something will be said when they get back about evil touching the Shire, but they just won't scour it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:00 PM   #42
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

But they SHOULD scour it! its the best part!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:54 PM   #43
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I think they'll at least show something about the evil getting to the Shire, but maybe not get too deep into it, y'know? But it would be awesome if they could get more into it!

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #44
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, well, if they can show maybe the fellowship getting back to the shire, and some other hobbits dismantling some unsightly brick buildings or something.... OR they could have Saruman hint at something before he dies on the wheel, so that when they get back, and see smoking stacks, and stuff, they'll know why. They don't have to go into long-winded explanations. However, it's all moot really. PJ has already decided what he's doing, and where he's going with it; I guess there's no point in fretting. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else. (and complain bitterly when the time comes! )