Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
mullet_gollum
Sapling

New Punk Music

hey ppl is anyone into the new age of punk besides me i used to like really crazy rock and now i am into like rancid and the misfits and wikt stuff like that. And by the way the ramones started punk not the sex pistols or anyone like that hahaha.

Last edited by mullet_gollum : 06-13-2003 at 03:43 PM.
mullet_gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #2
Anglorfin
Alasailon

You know what I find funny? The commercials that try to advertise their stuff by playing punk songs in the background. Kinda an oxymoron there since punk is usually anti sell-out or endorsement.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i have a friend who loves old punk like mellincolin and pennywise and stuff and he hates the new punk that is goin on now. he hates blink 182 and good charlotte. i like them but i dont think they are punk. GC is more like pop punk and blink is like rock
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
mullet_gollum
Sapling

Well actualy good charlotte and blink 182 are pop punk all the school girls and ppl like that like that stuff in my opinion it sucks i hate it... i wish it would all die
Old 06-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
mullet_gollum
Sapling

gimli7410 all the other bands u mentioned were new punk too but not pop punk. the difference is the sound and attitude.most of the dude from good charlotte are kool i just dont know how come they play suck crappy music seriously my cat sings better than joel will ever sing. He doesn't even sing about anything good.... "dont want to be just like you" who cares what he wants to be like no one wants to be like him. Do u seriously know any guys who would waste their time listening to good charlotte. I think that most girls dont like punk and if they do they are truly dedicated to it or they listen to pure crap. well yeah sorry if im borring you.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
mullet_gollum
Sapling

Anglorfin u do have a point ppl use punk music on commercials for sales. They think if their commercial has a band that some ppl like they will buy their product the only way i would buy some of the products is if i knew they worked... it wouldn't need a flashy commercial with awsome music or anything like that.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #7
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
And by the way the ramones started punk not the sex pistols or anyone like that hahaha.
Erm.........the original Sex Pistols were playing music loooong before Malcolm Mclaren got his greasy paws on them

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:36 PM   #8
mullet_gollum
Sapling

I dont believe that the sex pistols were any good i think it was always the ramones
Old 06-13-2003, 09:38 PM   #9
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by mullet_gollum
gimli7410 all the other bands u mentioned were new punk too but not pop punk. the difference is the sound and attitude.most of the dude from good charlotte are kool i just dont know how come they play suck crappy music seriously my cat sings better than joel will ever sing. He doesn't even sing about anything good.... "dont want to be just like you" who cares what he wants to be like no one wants to be like him. Do u seriously know any guys who would waste their time listening to good charlotte. I think that most girls dont like punk and if they do they are truly dedicated to it or they listen to pure crap. well yeah sorry if im borring you.

im not too up on the whole punk scene. my friend just never shuts up abou how those were the group that started punk
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #10
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
I dont believe that the sex pistols were any good i think it was always the ramones
Fair enough..........there are not many Punk bands who strive for public recognition/apperciation

Beatallica
Old 06-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #11
mullet_gollum
Sapling

yeah i am gunna start a punk/metal band soon i wanna get it big but in a way i dont think i would ever be ready for fame and fortune but i donno maybe that could change.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #12
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
yeah i am gunna start a punk/metal band soon i wanna get it big but in a way i dont think i would ever be ready for fame and fortune but i donno maybe that could change.
Good luck with that

Fame and fortune........dunno, never had either

Beatallica
Old 06-13-2003, 09:45 PM   #13
mullet_gollum
Sapling

had fame before didn't like it too much but what did i know i was in grade 6 and i was an actor.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #14
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Quote:
I think that most girls dont like punk and if they do they are truly dedicated to it or they listen to pure crap. well yeah sorry if im borring you.
HOLD ON! Just need to clarify something. Are you saying that most girl just listen to crap? And there are a rare few that are purely dedicated to music? Need you to help me out here....
Old 06-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #15
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Yeah, you hold him down, while I tickle him senseless.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:31 PM   #16
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

My friend knows the Misfits personally. I listen to them. I got Last Caress running circles through my brain right now actually. But they aren't my favorite.

About punk in general, I do not like it. I like Power Metal, classic rock, and heavy metal.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:02 AM   #17
Anglorfin
Alasailon

REAL punk is good. It's so energetic. And Bombadillo, did I tell you that June 20th Rob is going to Jerry Only's house and jamming with him to try to get us a record deal? I doubt it will work though since the Misfits are on an all punk label and we are metal.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:16 PM   #18
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
The Ramones were good, but... Ah.. but you just gotta love God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols...
"god save the queen, the facist regime,
they made you a moron, a potential H-bomb.

god save the queen, she aint no human being,
there is no future in Englands dreaming!

don't be told what you want, don't be told what you need
there's no future, no future, no future for you!!!

god save the queen, we mean it man, we love our queen

god saves, god saves the queen,'cos toursits are money, our figure head, is not what she seems.
oh god save history, god save your mad parade,
oh lord god have mercy, all crimes are paid!!

when there's no future, how can there be sin,
we're the flowers in the dustbin,
we're the poison in your human machine,
we're the future you're future!!!

god save the queen, we mean it man!!!
we love our queen, god saves!!!

god save the queen, we mean it man,
and there is no future, in englands dreaming,
noooooo future, noooooo future, noooooo future for you!!

noooooo future, nooooo future, nooooo future for you!

no future, no future, no future for you!"
I've got that on my media player.
Anglorfin, you are right, REAL punk is very energetic! It is the performance, the connection to the audience.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote