Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #1
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

Super Bowl Commercials

What did you think of this year's Super Bowl Commercials?
Old 01-27-2003, 05:36 PM   #2
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
i personally did not think that they were great. or course, though i just watched the ones near the beginning and near the halftime show, which sucked

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

I didn't see all the commercials cause i didn't watch the whole super bowl but i did see the Hanes one with Jackie Chan and the H and R Block one with Willie Nelson and a couple others. the one with the zebra and the clydesdales (spl?) was funny although i didn't all of it. anyway... il iked most of the ones i saw.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

heres my favorites

it was really hot and this guy with his dog was walking down the street. the dog lifted its leg near a fire hydrent, and the guys like "okay... go on" and the dog kicked the cap (on the side) of the hydrent and this stream of water burst out and smashed the guy and his dog into the wall. this other old guy on the street saw that happen, and he said i gotta get me one of those

there was another guy with this dog that had black fur in dreadlocks. the guy saw a neon bud light sign and decided to walk into the bar. but then he saw the sign NO PETS. so he looks at his dog and says youre killing me, but then gets this huge grin on his face. next thing ya know hes walking into the bar using this jamacan accent with the dog on his head. after the little bud light thing flashes onscreen you see this girl go to poke at his hair and you hear a growling noise.

there was also the one with the two twin football players and this lady takes one of their credit cards or drivers license or something and looks at the two and asks well how do i know this isnt your brother. so she keeps talking yadayadayada and after you come back from the little flashy brand name thingamigig, you hear her say to them, well one of you is going to be watching the superbowl, and the other will be playing in it! ha! and one of the guys smiles and the other looks at his brother meanicingly

also liked the gilligans island one, wont get into that. basically saw begining of theme thing and then it goes on about gilligan having a cellphone and they get off the island in 10 minutes cause he had the costgaurd on speed dial.

okay ill shut up now.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:47 PM   #5
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
also liked the gilligans island one, wont get into that. basically saw begining of theme thing and then it goes on about gilligan having a cellphone and they get off the island in 10 minutes cause he had the costgaurd on speed dial.
I liked that one too. it was kinda making fun of (or something) the movie Castaway. ya know cause
he never opens the FedEx package and then gives it to the person at the end and you never know what's in it.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I wasn't that impressed with the commercials this year. There were a couple of good ones (I liked the one with Yao Ming and Yogi Berra -- "Yo!" *shakes head* "Yao!" ) but I don't think they were up to the quality of last year's.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #7
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

I liked that one too. i saw one today with Yao and that guy who played mini me in austin powers. it was for laptops or notebooks or whatever they're called. anyway the little guy had the bigger laptop and Yao the big guy had the little laptop. i guess you have to see it but i thought it was a neat commercial.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
gdl96
the greg the admin

The upsidedown clown costume was great.

And the best two commercials were definately the Hulk and Matrix trailers. Wow! "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

The Reebok Office Linebacker one was very funny also. And the Osbournes one was great. Budweiser had a relentless attack of great commercials throughout the evening, most of them being some of the best of the Super Bowl commercials this year.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:41 PM   #9
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

the office linebacker takes the cake for this year by far

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:33 PM   #10
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I forgot about the upside-down clown costume. That was hilarious. I loved the office linebacker too. Mentioning the one with the Osbournes, do you mean the one from the post-game celebration about Pepsi Twist? That was one of the funniest ones -- where Jack and Kelly end up being Donny and Marie Osmond. "We're not the Osbournes, we're the Osmonds!"

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:07 PM   #11
Guardian_of_the_Forest
Enting

I agree, the Osbournes one was good. And then when Ozzy gets into bed and Florence Henderson turns around.
Guardian_of_the_Forest is offline   Reply With Quote