Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2002, 08:38 PM   #1
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Do you sleep on the clouds, or on the floor?...

Ummm... yeah, I am very bored. I don't think that this exists, yet, but... I could be entirely wrong. Anyway, I was just wondering what your bedroom(s) is (are) like.

My bedroom at mee mum's has walls and ceilings painted like the night sky. ('Twas my summer project.) I have a fouton that lays nearly on the ground and beads hanging over my window. Besides the night sky, my walls have a bunch of my artwork and writing pinned up... so that I have stuff to criticize. It's very small, but very comfortable. And has some, but not much dance stuff and the like.

My bedroom at mee dad's is very big, especially compared to that at my mom's. It's more of my 'little girl' room. It has a large bed, desk, and two huge dressers. My I have three bookshelves. This room has a lot of dance stuff and glass dolls and barbies, all stuff that I collected before my parents divorced. I also have a lot of trolls. And, obviously, a lot of books.

So... what's your bedroom like?? (Don't mind me... very bored.)
Old 10-17-2002, 08:54 PM   #2
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

My room has a long story behind it...

When my parents first built the house, my current room was a guest bedroom, and it was African themed with cream-colored paint. (My mom grew up in South Africa, go figure.) When I grew out of my nursery, my parents painted it light pink. About four years ago I decided I had out grown the pink, so me and my mom sponge painted it....purple and blue-green! Very cool for little fourth grader me That's what it is now, and I have TONS of posters all over the walls. I have so many that I now have one on the ceiling! Also I have my collection of name tags around my mirror, and my banana sticker sollection on the mirror. Strange, I know, but hey, that's me!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:12 PM   #3
katya
Elven Maiden

my room could be summed up in a word: mess. but, I will give a more detailed explanation. My door faces east as do my two windows. my bed is in the other corner and has a ton of pillows and a sleeping bag (which is very warm, really). There is a dresser and a tab;e where i do homework. the walls:there is a print of the painting "Midsummer's Eve" and also a Smashing Pumpkins poster that has a cool picture that I like. And a Clockwork Orange movie poster. And a mirror, and there is also a full bookcase, a full CD rack (i have roughly 80 or so) another book shelf, and a couple other pictures. i like my room because the decorations and whatever is very ecclectic but very nice and homey. Oh yeah and how could I forget: my stereo. and my TV. hope you arent bored to death those of you who took the time to read this.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:20 PM   #4
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I have 2 rooms sort of After the house was built someone added an extention so i have a little room attached to my bedroom. My room is light blue with dark grey/blue trim in the bedroom and the opposite in the other one. I have shelves above my bed covered in a lot of weird stuff i've collected in the 15 years i've lived in at room, and my walls are covered in 2 art posters, a giant horse poster, postcards from places i wanna go, photos and tons of horse pictures and pictures of pretty pretty mountains i got from the internet. and Chilli pepper lights!! My back room over looks and backyard but all the windows are almost covered in branches from me olive tree, and that room is filled with books!!! its very cozy, but as its an addition and has no insulation, it gets to be about 13 degrees in there in the winter!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:45 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

My bedroom is rather boring really. I rent an apartment, so I'm not really allowed to decorate it, and my tastes are pretty spartan and minimalist... I don't like ornaments and the way they clutter up everything and gather dust; doesn't stop people from buying them for me though. Anyway, lets see... I have a large queen sized bed, a bookcase over flowing with books, and a dresser thingie with all my stuffed toys on it. Oh, and a closet. That about sums it up. But it's very light and airy, lots of windows, and the sun comes through in the morning... lovely! It's great to loll around on the bed reading a book with the sun shining on my legs! No posters either.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:24 PM   #6
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
MY BED ROOM IS BLUE!!! All a pretty blue! it is soo perrty. I call it the Shire because the happeness in it reminds me of the Shire. Get it I live in the Shire?! and all the posters are pictures I have drawn from my picture of Middle-earth! Anywho. Rûdhaglarien, I absoulutly, beyond a doubt LOVE your icon!
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:08 PM   #7
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

I sleep in a closet.

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 11:48 PM   #8
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I'm afraid to tell about my room. Despite the ugly stained peach carpet and the mismatched furniture and the mildewy windowsills and the messy floor my room has alot of qualities where I can just rest and think. Lord of the Rings posters(movie posters mostley though I have one based on the book and I have a Jesus Poster and a Redwall Poster up on my closet), pictures (once again hobbit pictures from the movie though I have John Howe's Gandalf and the comics based on the WWYD thread are up there), and Banners (I have a Gondorian banner with an off center tree, crown and stars and one of my own invention. A white blade with a black hilt and a yellow ring around the middle of the blade on a green field. It has alot of simbolism and what not. I'm planning on another) adorn the east and west walls and closet doors a dragon poster is on the back of my door.
The rickety bedside table sports a lamp, two candles, a notebook and pen, and a crimson Bible. Above that are two percariously balanced shelves with all sorts of cards and figurines I've gotten over the space of time. The West window has a picture of a hobbit and a dragon, a jewelry box with and elf on the front and my name plaque. My bookshelf is black and filled with LOTR and Shakespeare along with some other stuff. The closet is a mess.
My bed is a white canopy bed which is falling apart...but it's comfy. My desk is tattoed with pen ink and burns and stuff...it's been through ALOT.
But I love my room,
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:11 AM   #9
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

my room is pretty basic, got my desk, bed, dresser(which i dont use), a microwave stand for clothes, a console tv, and clothes all over the floor, i also got a couple of bean bag chairs for my friends. my room also smells, but the smell periodically changes, it will go from ciggarettes, to pizza, to weed in a day, its kinda crazy.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:54 AM   #10
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Baggins
Rûdhaglarien, I absoulutly, beyond a doubt LOVE your icon!
Thank you.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:48 PM   #11
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

I have two rooms now. I just moved into my college dorm room a few months ago and it's just starting to feel like a second home. It's fairly plain, but I like it.

Back at 'home' home, I've shared a room with my younger brother for 15 years. That one I actually like less because I never spent as much time there as I do now in my dorm. My brother has actually started to take over my bed and piles laundry & stuff there when I'm gone.

What's weird about going back home is that I live in a tiny town that gets really dark & quiet at night. I never noticed it until I lived in the city for a few weeks. Now I love sleeping at home because I'm used to normal campus noise and home is so quiet and peaceful.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 02:22 PM   #12
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
BoP, you sound like my dad. He doesn't like a lot of clutter (though goodness knows he has enough of it, guitars and books and papers scattered everywhere).

My room at my mom's is in the basement, which is nice, I guess, but very cold. It's a really strange shape, so I'm not even going to try to describe it. Nice boring white walls, and dark blue carpet (that is equally cluttered). I have a crappy small desk I've had since I was in fifth grade, and it's falling apart. I also have a vanity, a dresser and a bed that are a set of this old antique-y furniture set, and I wish I coudl get rid of them. I have cow poster above my desk, some old artwork I'm getting rid of soon, a dolphin 'tapestry' and two framed pictures on my walls (the framed pictures are one of a poem that has my sister, cousin's and my names in it and one from a play production I was in when I was eight). It also has three doors, one to get in/out, one to my closet and one to the attached bathroom.

I don't have a room at my dad's. I usually sleep in his room and he sleeps in the living room.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:33 PM   #13
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

the wall of my room are some kind of grey/brown. There are many holes left from the many tacks put in by the many other people that have lived in this dormatory over the years. I have the top bunk. When I'm laying in bed, I can roll over and see the "living room" (couch, coffee table and rocking chair). the "den" (the long desk space against the window iwht my computer on it), the "kitchenette" (a sink and a fridge), and the "dressing area" (the two portable closets pushed at right angles of each other, with a curtain hung for privacy) My roomate has pictures of her trip to Venice on the walls, and I have some of my favorite collages here's one that I put up once upon a time on a geocities page that I don't update anymore:

collage

I'm quite proud of it.
My room at home is inthe basement, so it is very quiet, dark, and cool. to compensate for this, I have piled three quilts on the bed, and have hung christmas lights that stay up year round. the walls are textured white wall paper with kind of a candlelight glow color ragged on top--the upper 2/3, anyway. the bottom is cedar panelling. I've got blue gingham curtains on the windows, and my projects is to stain-glass the one window that looks out into a gross and yucky window well.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 04:39 PM   #14
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I have pink walls, but you can't see them because of all the things stuck on them: three LOTR posters, a few reproductions of paintings (mainly Pre-Raphaelite), postcards, newspaper cuttings (going yellow), pictures of my favourite writers. Very typical of me. I also have hundreds of books, a desk, a chest of drawers, a very old computer and my iron bedstead
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 05:57 PM   #15
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

My room is in the unfinished basement. For walls, I have sheets which keep falling down despite by best intents. I have TOO MANY bugs in there. Actually, it's a bit better now that winter is approaching. I have a double bed, which is perfect for me, because I can roll my short self over without feeling totally lost. I have a stand-up lamp for light. It doubles as a hand heater when it's cold out. My dresser has broken handles and the bottom drawer of my desk is broken. Some inspirational/funny/religious / memorabilia/LOTR items decorate the room. But the best part is my blue trunk where I keep everything precious to me for lack of shelves. I call this trunk a treasure chest, and love it!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:18 PM   #16
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Boring... White.... Messy.... Thats my room!!! Not posters or anything.

I would love to do a picture on hte walls though. Make it like a grassy knoll looking down on hobbiton.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:38 PM   #17
osszie
Elven Warrior

Hmmm my room is my whole house (I sleep where I drop) and my house is just like me, slightly chaotic but very well presented
osszie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:45 PM   #18
azalea
Long lost mooter

My room right now is boring, especially now that I've packed up the artwork (I had a couple of my dad's paintings up, but since we knew we didn't want to stay here we never really "moved in"). But when I was a teenager, I had a light pink room with lavender hearts stenciled around the top. As I got older the walls got completely filled up with heavy metal posters, and then I covered the ceiling with posters. It was just lovely . Then I took the posters on the ceiling down and hung all differently colored streamers from there. It was pretty cool. Then my friend (now my husband) tied them all together. When I was in college I painted the room a deep powdery blue with bright pink trim (it's still that way, although my mom really wants to paint it. I still think it looks great ). I was at that time more discerning about the posters I put up. I had a Grateful Dead poster, a poster of "Les Printemps," and a poster of a Renoir painting, plus some of my dad's artwork. I can't wait till we move into our new house so I can really feel at home enough to decorate however I want -- with renting I've never felt that way.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:07 AM   #19
Millane
The Dude

i like what appears to be boring bedrooms (no posters) my bedroom is just a nice green with a dark green stencil of leaves around the top, come to think of it it is sort of elvish... really dark green carpet... table where i am supposed to do my study meh and a big bed... i have a beanbag with flames on it... it used to be a mess but then the walk in closet came about to conceal it hehehe... puty used to be in it but the noise of it used to disturb the tranquillity of my room so i ditched it in mams study...
really quite classy
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:16 AM   #20
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Does anyone know anything about feng shui? I have a friend, she's really adept at designing her spaces perfectly feng shui. For instance, what is the best direction to sleep with your head toward - north, south, east, or west? Stuff like that.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote