Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Left out Lines from FotR

heeheehee- I was just rereading FotR, and I came across a line that would have been absolutely priceless, had PJ left it in:

"Ai! Ai!" wailed Legolas. "A Balrog! A Balrog is come!"

Can't you just see Orlando Bloom wailing? Ooooh, I would have paid good money to see that...oh wait, I did, and he didn't. Oh well. Anyone else got funny/cool/favorite lines that were left out?

(BESIDES "Come back! Come back! To Mordor we will take you!" and "You shall have neither the ring nor me!" and associated lines )

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

Hmm...you are talking nonsense about Legolas, which is annoying to those who don't care, but at the same time, you are talking about rereading FotR, which is always a good thing. My feelings seem to be conflicting.

What would Jesus do?
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Probably bore us to death with a lot of sermonizing...

"It is also, if I may be allowed to refer to ancient history, the anniversary of my arrival by barrel to Esgaroth on the Long Lake; though the fact that it was my birthday slipped my memory on that occasion..."

It would have been funny to leave in because it was long and too slow for the action film pace of the movie.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:22 AM   #4
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Ummmm, Cirdan? Could you please not joke like that?

I liked the lines between Sam and Merry; Sam mentions something about how Galadriel had spoken to him in his mind, and then trails off, and Merry says,"Well I hope it was nothing more that a dasteredly plot to steal my blankets in the night."

And other silly dialogues like that....

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:41 PM   #5
katya
Elven Maiden

hehehe. funny. most of pippin's lines that i liked were traded for new lines that made him stupid. i like the line about how frodo was weird for wanting to think at breakfast and all about the sniffing black riders. and gandalfs description of frodo where pippin snickers. or was that in there!? dude! i just had a total mind blank and i keep getting things mixed up and i can't remember what was in there and what wasn't. oh well.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote