Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
Xeta
Hobbit

Rangers RPG

I have an idea for an RPG where we all play rangers, defending Eriador from Evil in the third age.

You can be either good or evil, with the exception that you cannot be a Nazgul, Aragorn, or any character in The Lord of the Rings, with the exception of 2 people, who will be Elrond and Bombadil. I will decide who gets to be Elrond, and who is Bombadil. I will be a Ranger

If you want to be good, you may be a Ranger.

If you want to be Evil, you may be an Orc, a Troll, a Warg. I will also allow a few people to be "Evil Men" Commanding orcs and trolls and whatnot.

My Character:

Ardae
Human Ranger

Description: Was born in Rivendell, his mom died in childbirth. He was left in the care of Tom Bombadil and Golbery when his father Argil went around Eriador protecting Bree-land and the Shire from evil. His father was killed by Trolls when he was 10, so Ardae wanders the lands, in search of evil to vanquish. He is a frequent vistor in the houses of both Bombadil and Elrond.

when we have a few good and a few evil players, we will begin.
Xeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:08 PM   #2
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Cummon! Lemme be a Black Rider!!!
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 07:27 AM   #3
Xeta
Hobbit

Sorry, but no.

This RPG will have nothing to do with the War of the Ring, or the Ring, or Sauron.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #4
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Can there be evil people?
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 08-17-2002, 04:43 PM   #5
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

moo

Can women be rangers? I think I already know the answer but that'd be cool... or like Eowyn and be a crossdresser LOL

-~*Sminty*~-
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
Xeta
Hobbit

Yes, in my RPG there may be girl rangers. You can be evil, read the first post.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:49 PM   #7
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

I think I'll be a ranger.

Name: Aralath
Species: Man
Weapons: Long Sword and Oval Shield.
Bio: He was born to a high ranking family in Minas Tirith, but later left to wander the wild, becoming a ranger.
Appearance: Tall, with black hair. He wears a large black cloak with green pants, boots, and black gauntlets.
Personality: Very kind, always willing to help. Great leadership skills, good at navigating and tracking.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 08-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #8
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Hmm... lets be evil for a change

Name: Rugonar
Race: Warg
Weapons: Claws and teeth will do
Bio: The queen of wargs. The only daughter of Carcharoth (sp?).
Appearance: Dirty grey fur with small streaks of gold, garnet eyes, a muscular build, and sharpened claws and teeth. Always seems to have a dark red streak near her mouth.
Personality: She has a fierce temper, but she can keep it under control. As overlordess of wargs, she's the fastest, strongest, smartest, and most brave. A strange personality quirk is that she is not afraid of fire. As a mother of many, she saves her young whenever she can; an unusual sign of chivalry that shows in many situations.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:58 PM   #9
Sminty_Smeagol

Rangerzes

I would really like to diversify my usual role in RP's and be evil, but, I want to be a human (woman to be exact). I would like to qualify for being one of the "select few who gets to be an evil man" cept can I be an evil woman? If not, then I would like to be a female ranger. I haven't rp'd in a while and not on here so I will follow Faramir's format.

Name: Adiamont
Species: Man (heh woman?)
Weapons: Falchion, shield
Bio: (depends on whether or not I can be evil)
Appearance: Tall, avg. weight, usually wears a dark grey cloak, mithril gloves and boots, long black hair, blue eyes
Personality: (depends on whether she is evil or not) Keen, quiet, observant
Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 AM   #10
Xeta
Hobbit

Yes, you may be an evil woman, you can be like the "head-evil type person" in Eriador. We'll start pretty soon. I will wait one more day for someone to come that wants to be Bombadil or Elrond, but after that, we'll start without them.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:33 PM   #11
Sminty_Smeagol

I don't want to be the leader evil person... I'm not good at that... can I be the evil sidekick of the evil person?
Old 08-18-2002, 08:59 PM   #12
Xeta
Hobbit

Yeah sure, be the sidekick. We'll need to find a head evil person, though. But if by noon tomorrow no one had signed up, we'll start without one, and he won't be doing anything until someone wants to play him.

By the way, since no one wants to be Bombadil or Elrond, want me to play them in addition to my guy?
Old 08-18-2002, 09:37 PM   #13
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Where are these Rangers fighting? Can there be angry Corsairs of Harad (or even better Corsair babes of Harad?)
Old 08-19-2002, 12:55 AM   #14
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Hm, I'll join. I'm not feeling very creative tonight, so I'm going to reuse Maew (ranger) (I like him, anyway )

Lesse,

Name: Maew
Race: Man
weapons: the good old, ever-so-useful Generic Sword
bio: A typical ranger in most respects, skilled in the ways of the wild, observant, quick witted, but also quiet, slightly fatalistic, and a loner by nature, he also is partially a berserker (though this does more harm than good) and occasionally looses control during pitched battle. He comes from a high family, and has moments of forsight from time to time, but they never do him any good. He's a good friend and a good warrior, but can be dangerous to have around at times.
personality: hm, I kinda covered that in the bio, didn't I? whatever...
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #15
Claenoic

Is it still ok that I can be the head Wargess?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 08-20-2002, 02:25 PM   #16
Xeta
Hobbit

Yes, you can be the Head Wargress.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #17
Xeta
Hobbit

No corsairs, sorry.

Claeonic, you wanna be the head bad guy? And sminty smeagol could be your second in command. You can still be a Warg if you wanna be the Head bad guy.

No matter what everybody wants to be, I'll start the RPG tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:03 PM   #18
Claenoic

Yay!!! *Starts dancing* I'm going to be the head bad guy, I'm going to be the head bad guy, I'm going to be the head bad guy, I'm going- wait, wouldn't it be the head bad gal? Ok I'm going to be the head bad gal, I'm going to be the head bad gal, I'm going to be the head bad gal, I'm going to be the head bad gal...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:37 PM   #19
Sminty_Smeagol

Moo.

-~*Sminty*~-<displays what an ingenius person she is
Old 08-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #20
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I want to join. I 've been waiting for an RPG that was small enough to catch up in.

Name:Sicirus
Race: Warg(on good side)
Weapons: teeth, claws, bucking.
appearence:White fur on belly and under neck. Has black fur running down ridge of back. has big ears, gray fur all around rest of body.
Bio: born of an evil warg and was abandend by mother. Raised by elves after found in a ditch alone. Kept in Lorien. Grew up as pet of Harpcu. Trained as protecter.