Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Two Towers Trailer Released.....Impressions?

I've already seen a portion of the trailer, on E!, and it was really awesome! A scene of orcs slinging siege ladders up the walls of Helms Deep, Rohirrim flinging the ladders off the walls....incredible! Got my heart stirring to see the film for the tenth time.

Another scene was of three riders crossing a plain....assuming this is Rohan.

Well, first showing is at 11:45......and Israel finally lashed out! Oh, the dilemma.....see the film, watch the war.......see the film, watch the war.......oh well.

WATCH THE FILM! I'll post my own impression this afternoon. Gotta hit that first showing!

[Hope this new thread is okay, figured a new spot to place impressions of the trailer was appropo]
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I'm so angry! I don't get to see it for such a long time, maybe never I'm sick today, sinus infection, so I probably can't go...I'd be going alone anyway, but MAN!
Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 PM   #3
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Quote:
I'm sick today, sinus infection
Feel lucky. Whenever a kid in my class gets a sinus infection, it like gets into his brain tissue or something and he has to have surgery.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Ick...my sister has chronic ones and may need surgery...but every time? Yick.
Old 03-29-2002, 04:38 PM   #5
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

I'm going on my birthday this Thursday! Hopefully I'll get GG and Eowyn144 and Rosie Lass to come so if any of you guys are reading this, keep thursday free!!!!

Just saw preview on tv!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!

Cantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwait!!!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:31 PM   #6
aldesign
Elven Warrior

In the UK, weve been told that FROM THIS FRIDAY they are airing EXTRA-long previews after the Film at Selected cinemas.

Ive checked my local cinemas, and they have cut LOTR down to just one showing a day, cos its been out since December.

So ill phone them, to check if they are the SELECT few.

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:54 PM   #7
Glîm Iceholder
Hobbit

Very good, obviously some things are getting changed around a bit I see after watching the trailer. There are scenes with Aragorn and Arwen together( like we didn't know that was going to happen ) plus some type of sword fight between Aragorn and Eowyn(Who is very ease on eyes). I was so hoping to see what the Ents would look like, now I can't wait til this December.
Glîm Iceholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

oooo, touch me, FOR I HAVE SEEN THE TRAILER!!!!!!

And afte all this wait, all the excitement, all the hype, there is only one word to describe the experience:

OMIFREAKINGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so incredible I nearly peed my pants. Oh, Theoden King is PERFECT!!!!!! He recites a poem as he is being armoured by his squire, it is chilling. The shots of the Battle of helms Deep are unfreakingbelievable, when you see Treebeard you will do as I did and say, "HOLY S***! It's TREEBEARD!!!!", Eomer is absolutely awesome, Eowyn is beautiful and impressive, and Holy Hannah, it's Gandalf the White!!!!

From the first scene of Aragorn picking up Merry's "dropped" leaf clasp to the very end of Gollum creeping down the face of Emyn Muil clutching for the "nassty little thieveses", you will be on the edge of your seat and absolutely rapt in breathless anticipation of the next scene. It is a jaw-dropper, the show-stopper, "an eye-openier if I ever saw one", and omigod, mere words fail descriptive attempts.

All I can say is: YOU GOTTA SEE IT!!!!!!!!!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:07 PM   #9
Glîm Iceholder
Hobbit

How the hell did I miss Treebeard?!? Wait was he the thing that Pippin was on in that one scene, it was moving so quickly I couldn't tell.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:02 PM   #10
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, I don't recall which of the hobbits was hanging on, but didn't you see Treebeard's eye open????????
Old 03-29-2002, 07:19 PM   #11
Glîm Iceholder
Hobbit

Yes thats the scene I am talking about, Pippin is on something and its eye opens.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:22 PM   #12
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

YUPPERS.

BTW, Welcome to the Moot, Glim Iceholder!!
Old 03-29-2002, 08:25 PM   #13
Elf Girl
Lurker

Must see trailer...Must see trailer...Must see...
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 09:33 PM   #14
Glîm Iceholder
Hobbit

Glad to be here, however I'd be even happier if it were December. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:47 AM   #15
Vardasoroniel
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
oooo, touch me, FOR I HAVE SEEN THE TRAILER!!!!!!

And afte all this wait, all the excitement, all the hype, there is only one word to describe the experience:

OMIFREAKINGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so incredible I nearly peed my pants. Oh, Theoden King is PERFECT!!!!!! He recites a poem as he is being armoured by his squire, it is chilling. The shots of the Battle of helms Deep are unfreakingbelievable, when you see Treebeard you will do as I did and say, "HOLY S***! It's TREEBEARD!!!!", Eomer is absolutely awesome, Eowyn is beautiful and impressive, and Holy Hannah, it's Gandalf the White!!!!

From the first scene of Aragorn picking up Merry's "dropped" leaf clasp to the very end of Gollum creeping down the face of Emyn Muil clutching for the "nassty little thieveses", you will be on the edge of your seat and absolutely rapt in breathless anticipation of the next scene. It is a jaw-dropper, the show-stopper, "an eye-openier if I ever saw one", and omigod, mere words fail descriptive attempts.

All I can say is: YOU GOTTA SEE IT!!!!!!!!!
amen to all that , bropous!!! the entire audience today stood up and clapped and cheered when the trailer was done!!!! i had to keep pinching myself so as to keep breathing!!

i am so overwhelmed by it that i have begun marking off the days with X's until the TT is showing!!!!!!

i can not wait!!!!!

Last edited by Vardasoroniel : 03-30-2002 at 12:49 AM.
Vardasoroniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:21 AM   #16
jediguy
Hobbit

Quite simply: BEST. TRAILER. EVER.

I'm at a loss to describe it. Gandalf the White is totally fantastic, and so is everyone else.
jediguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:24 AM   #17
Elvet
Elven Warrior

I saw it last night. Absolutely marvelous. Thanks to the posts I watched for treebeard and saw his eyes open in the midst of rough bark - its going to be great. There's a scene of Theoden preparing for battle - the actor is perfect. Dare I say that Arogorn and Eowen appeared to be flirting during their sword fight - just an impression. We saw Helms Deep wall and the Orcs trying to climb up with ladders. And Gandallf - what a transformation - straight white hair and dark eyebrows ( a la Saruman). You see him on a white horse leaping into battle. The last image was of Gollum climbing down towards a sleeping Frodo talking about Nasssty Thiefs.
You know, it was my fifth viewing - I still cry when they all come out of Moria and when Boromir dies. I still jump at the cave troll scene. I still laugh at Gimli ' tossing dwarfs' remarks. I can't wait to see what the next picture has in store.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:51 AM   #18
aldesign
Elven Warrior

u lucky Americanssess, we wants it, we wants it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 09:59 AM   #19
Midgardsormen
Hobbit

It was wonderful!!! But did anyone else feel like it was one minute not four!!!!!!!!! I almost missed Treebeard too....suddenly I thought: 'wait a minute, that tree has eyes!!!!'
But does anyone know what Arwen is doing....lying on the 'bier' looking dead???
Eowyn is cute, as is Faramir!! But Galadriel saying that Frodo will not survive....is that to keep the unsuspecting in suspense??
Absolutely worth seeing....but I want to see it again!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 11:03 AM   #20
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Elvet, even on my tenth viewing, I still cried when Frodo saw Bilbo at Rivendell; when Bilbo broke down after seeing the Ring; Gandalf's fall, and Boromir's fall and death scene.

It is amazing; scattered chatter throughout the film, then when Gandalf says, "Fly you fools!" the place goes silent. The silence becomes deafening with the first arrow to hit Boromir. I tell ya, there were ladies leaned forwards in their seats hanging on every action, and even the kids were quiet. This is a movie with an impact.

I can't tell you what a kick it was to see it again knowing the trailer was sat the end. To me, it gave the film a more fleshed-out "finished" feeling, and not a bloody one walked out of the theater saying, "I just didn't get that movie".

Omigod, Theoden King is just magical, the scene of him donning his armor while reciting a poem is absolutely captivating. I have a feeling that this actor will have a Best Supporting Actor nod next year (but then again, I thought Sean Bean deserved BSA this time around and he wasn't even nominated).

The Elves were awesome, I couldn't tell if Faramir was shown, although I suspect he was, I am pretty sure Eomer was in it. The Dead Marshes were really neat, the assault on the walls of Helms Deep was really cool, Grima Wormtongue looks really interesting, and Saruman saying "Gandalf Greyhame" was unbelievable!!!!!!

I'm going back tomorrow......