Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #1
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Two Towers Teaser TRAILER!

Bouncing around a bit today, I stumbled across this link. The file size is 6.1 megs and you'll need Quick Time to view it. Spoilers for sure. http://movie-list.com/l/lordoftheringstrilogy.shtml

Very Nice!

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Just saw it. Can't wait to see this on a HUGE screen... and a 640-pixel-wide official QuickTime version can't be far off.

Most of the footage is reused from the post-FOTR preview, and Galadriel's narration was obviously recorded specifically for the trailer... but it's all still wonderful.

No Ents though. But that would be showing us too much too soon, I think. I'm surprised they even included Gandalf the White's reappearance there at the end, since they circumvented that for pretty much the whole thing.

Looks like the marketing for the film is pushing the "two towers" of the title as Orthanc and Barad-dur. Interesting, considering that in the book it refers to Orthanc and Minas Morgul. However, I think this reinforces my theory that Frodo and Sam won't even reach Minas Morgul until the third instalment.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Faramir
Elven Warrior

OH YEAH! That was AWESOME! Especially the Gollum part. "They stole it! My precious! And we wants it!" And Rohan was cool too.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #4
Darth Tater
The man

The new one sheet is sweeeeet! The two shots that got me really excited are Grima being thrown down one flight of stairs and Legolas sliding down another on a shield!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #5
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Very cool Darth Tater, I had missed the whole Legolas surfing the stairs on a shield while shooting arrows. So I watched the whole teaser frame by frame. Lots of neat stuff going on there. And is that Gandalf leading a charge into an army of orcs?

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:44 PM   #6
Darth Tater
The man

Yep. That was in the post-movie trailer.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #7
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Well, I really wish my computer had sound...but hey, at least I get to see it, eh?

Sure takes a while to load...wow, I'm really impatient!

Okay, saw it...
Gollum looks great!!! Preciousssssss
Um, not much new. . .I think that bit with Frodo holding out the ring, in his hand, is probably him showing it to Faramir, perhaps?

Not much is new...oh well.
Must see it in theatre, so I can hear it, too, eh? I want to hear what Galadriel is saying

Yay, Theoden with a sword!
Whee!!! Battle stuff looks fun, esp. Legolas on his shield...clever elf, eh?
And that thing with Grima and the stairs...
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to December now
Aaahh! Don't stop there...want to see more!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #8
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I can't download it for a few days, so could someone explain what it is. I have the TT Trailer from the end of FOTR. Is this extra footage or a new trailer?
Old 06-25-2002, 10:39 PM   #9
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
I can't download it for a few days, so could someone explain what it is. I have the TT Trailer from the end of FOTR. Is this extra footage or a new trailer?
This is a new trailer, but it is mostly stuff from the first one, but edited differently. There are a few new things, though. Gollum looks a little more finished this time around. (or is that just me?)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-25-2002, 11:57 PM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*sigh* Any hope I got up from the teaser poster just got squashed. Why have they still got that crappy soundtrack?! And I know this was in the earlier one as well, but why the fight between Eowyn and Aragorn?!
Old 06-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #11
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I like the bit with Wormtongue getting thrown down the stairs. It looks like there are two people tossing him out. Maybe Hama and Theoden? Or Hama and just another guard? I think it'd be pretty cool if Theoden threw him out himself.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 01:21 AM   #12
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
*sigh* Any hope I got up from the teaser poster just got squashed. Why have they still got that crappy soundtrack?! And I know this was in the earlier one as well, but why the fight between Eowyn and Aragorn?!
meep. I like the soundtrack. And really, if you just keep reminding yourself that it's PJ, and so on, and try to forget the books, the fight is fine. But...I know what you mean.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-26-2002, 03:53 PM   #13
Pailan
Elven Warrior

The teaser is fun. I want more! NOW!

For those mooters having difficulty down loading it, here is a site with a frame by frame analysis. http://www.theonering.net/movie/prev...teaser_01.html

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:06 PM   #14
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
http://www.elbakin.com/ressources/deux_tours_teaser.mov
heres another.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 01:05 PM   #15
Celandine
Elven Warrior

I really want to see the end of the Two Towers Trailer. I keep getting to the middle and my computer makes it start all over again. So I guess I just have to wait until the Two Towere comes out in Theatres.
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:29 PM   #16
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

I think you're playing it while its loading, so eventually you'll get to a point where there's no more information.. so it restarts itself.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:19 PM   #17
Christiana
Elf Lord

hes right

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 06-27-2002, 11:03 PM   #18
Kalimac
Enting

>>Looks like the marketing for the film is pushing the "two towers" of the title as Orthanc and Barad-dur. Interesting, considering that in the book it refers to Orthanc and Minas Morgul.<<

There has always been confusion about which two towers are being referred to. The part in the book at the end that refers to Orthanc and Minas Morgul was placed there by the publisher, not Tolkien. In Tolkiens Letters there is even some amount of flipping back and forth about exactly which TT he is using.

What I found interesting is that PJ's choice of Orthanc and Barad-dur does have a basis in the book. In the chapter, 'The Riders of Rohan', Éomer states to Aragorn and company:

"So suspecting what I most fear, a league between Orthanc and the Dark Tower (Barad-dur), I led forth my Éored, men of my own household"

Liked the new trailer, especially part with the Ring-bearer and Gollum. Still preferred the Preview though, really missed hearing Theoden recite his poem!
Kalimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 11:35 AM   #19
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalimac

Still preferred the Preview though, really missed hearing Theoden recite his poem!
Very true. But this may be the start of new series of promos. We may get Theoden's poetry, yet. If not, then bring on December18!

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 06-28-2002, 07:25 PM   #20
Christiana
Elf Lord

Theres a thread for the debate about the towers.