Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 02:11 PM   #1
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

The Fourth Age: Ithilien's Bane

Okay, this is where The Fourth Age RPG will go on. SO I'll start.

"You must go," her father had said. "The kings will take the request more seriously if you do."
So Eruwyn rode to Minas Tirith. When she had left her home, all the watchtowers surrounding the city were flaming. It wasn't long before her home would be surrounded by flames. She whispered to her horse and it picked up its pace, galloping ever closer to Minas Tirith.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 05:16 PM   #2
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

She had to hand it to Legolas. Even though it had not been long since the company of elves had arrived in Minas Tirith, it was already looking better.

When he had come back to Mirkwood, after gallivanting of to Rivendell for that secret council of the races that everyone had known about, Legolas Greenleaf had returned with colors flying victoriously and of all things at his side, a dwarf. It had been quite baffling at the time to Anariel, but she had also just been recovering from her wound at the time. The physicians had told her she would never be able to use her left arm again, after that orc arrow had literally split the bone in two, but she had refused to listen. Now she could use it for just about anything, expect shooting arrows. That bit of information had pained her greatly, but she refused to let it get her down.

Anariel sat on a work stool in her shop, meticulously shaving the arrowhead to the exact shape needed for a hunting arrow. She needed to get it and eleven more done before the coming week when the huntsman Morgon would come for them. She was content in the mortal's city, not happy, but content, for she missed the green and gray eaves of Mirkwood greatly, and her heart yearned for the sound of a natural brook, not like the many man made ones that scattered the city. But she was not complaining.

Setting the arrow down and walking to the window, she peered out over the distance. Since she had fought bravely beside his father and had been wounded, Legolas Greenleaf had decided to reward Anariel by giving her a shop in the west tower of Minas Tirith. From her window she could see for miles. She looked out harder to the west. Over twilight's deepening horizon she could see in her keen elvish sight a scene that gave her chills. A burning building, coiled in harsh red and orange flames stained the landscape….
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 05:16 AM   #3
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Kalome rode slowly along the road, revelling in the beauty of Middleearth. For weeks she had been travelling to Gondor, bearing tidings from the Northern Rangers of whom she was now head, but the journey never failed to delight her. Around every bend in the road she felt some new delight. As she contemplated with joy the thought of seeing her dear frined Aragorn again, when she heard a strange sound from the bushes.

She had just enough time to lead her horse into the trees on the opposite side of the road, when she saw a dark shadow flit across the road. Curious about its origins, she quickened her pace, hoping that the King would have information about the strange creatures that they had been seeing for the past few months. Soon she arrived at Meduseld, from whence she planned to borrow another horse to replace her now exhausted steed, and visit Eomer. She rode into the stables and left her horse in the care of the grooms, entering the Golden Hall.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 06:50 AM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Imarwen stood there awaiting the new guest. "Greetings" she said "My name is Imarwen" She bowed slightly meanwhile she studied the new arrival. A ranger she thought, it's been a while one of them visited the Golden hall. She seemed to remember vaguely that this particular ranger had visited Meduseld before. Must be a friend of the King's then, she mused. Imarwen was curious of what would be the cause of this visit. But she knew better than to question visitors overmuch. She merely hoped the ranger would stay long enough to tell some stories. Imarwen was rather fond of stories, especially those concerning the end of the previous aera."Follow me, I will take you to your room." she said with a smile. She lead Kalome through the corridors untill they reached the guest quaters. "Here you may refresh yourself. Tonight there is banquet. Call when there is anything you need." With this she took leave of the ranger.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:58 AM   #5
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Nimmorn lept to his feet, seeing Legolas walking toward him. He had been leaning against a tree, waiting. 'We are done planting these trees, Legolas. We were waiting for your return, that we might move on. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that I have tired of the city, and wish to be out in Ithilien again. But we have done good work here, it looks much more alive. A vast improvement.' The few other elves around him stood also. Behind them, it seemed they had put a piece of the wilder parts of Ithilien into the city. Trees and flowers grew, looking more alive than the White City had in a long time.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 11:57 AM   #6
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Anariel had not rested that night. The sight of the burning building had kept her mind from fairer things and all she could se in her mind's eye was fire eating away at itself.

She had gone down the next morning to see if she could help with any planting or rebuilding that might be done to try to relieve her aching spirit. She found a group of her kinsfolk gathered around Legolas. She heard the elf known as Nimmorn express a desire to leave the city. But Anariel felt, after her restless night, that if they did leave, disaster might encroach upon Ithilien.

"Your highness, I beg to defer," Anariel said stepping forward, "I belive there might be something of evil consequences coming to Minas Tirith. For it was just yester eve that I saw in the distance a building going up in flames upon the horizon. Something evil maybe approaching the White City an I believe it is our duty to help the mortals in their time of need if it may come."
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:56 PM   #7
Earniel

Imarwen rode through the fields. She had a few houres off before she was needed again in the Golden Hall and she used it to exercise her horse. The small sandcoloured mare sure enjoyed these outings and so did Imarwen. She took delight in the openness of the plains and her thoughts often went as far as the horizon. She looked east for she knew Gondor was there and so was Minas Tirith. In her mind she tried to recall the maps she had once seen of this places. Imarwen had never been there but she wondered how it would be like there.

Suddenly she saw something moving from the corner of her eye. She turned her head quickly but could not distinguish anything out of the ordinary. "Funny" she said to herself, "I could have sworn...." She didn't finish the sentence for her mare had enough of standing still and indicated she wanted to run again. Imarwen smiled and forgot what had happened. She patted the horse's neck and said "Allright, you win. We have to go home anyway." With this she turned the horse and returned to the Golden Hall.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:03 PM   #8
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Eruwyn arrived at Minas Tirith not long after sunset. The gates were just being closed as she arrived and she had to beg the guards to let her enter. As She made her way up to the gand hall, she noticed many staring at her as she passed. She must have been a sight, hair blown back by the wind, clothes worn from nonstop riding, but at last she entered th Great Hall. "I must speak with the King," she said.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 04-26-2002, 05:59 PM   #9
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Legolas seemed to take Anariel's request to thought and said nothing. His blond hair glinted golden in the sun.

The sound of the city gates opening, turned the elve's attention to the gates. A young girl upon a horse rode in. Anariel stepped forward and looked at the girl curiously. She looked as though she had been riding for a long time without pause. The girl looked at the group briefly with interest than continued on inside the main castle of the King.

Unable to hold back her curiosity Anariel quietly slipped from the group of elves and followed the girl. She followed her up the stairs, Anariel's soft elvish step unheard by the mortal maid. The girl opened the doors of the great hall, a spray of wind flowing back, rustling Anariel's dress. The maid entered and went up to a guard.

"I must speak to the king." She said urgently.

The guard looked at her oddly and turned to his companion. They spoke for a moment that turned to her chuckling.

"Dear maid, you must have an appointment with the King to see him." Said the guard sarcastically.

Anariel stepped forward from the shadows of the doorway where she had remained hidden.

"Dear sirs," She said announcing her presence.

The guards and maid turned at the sound of her voice, loud and demanding. Beign an elf she had the upper hand in the city.

"I believe the King has no business at this moment, pray, why can't she see him?"

They looked at her in alarm, for if she were to tell Legolas of their behavior, he would certainly tell the king and their jobs would be lost.

"Uh, my Lady Elf, we didn't know that he had no-"

"Well, considering he doesn't I don't see any reason in not letting her in," Anariel answered. She looked at the girl. The maid's face held relief and thanks. Anariel managed a grin.

The guards stuutered apologies as they opened the doors to the King's Hall...
Old 04-27-2002, 12:07 AM   #10
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"'Tis fine," said Eruwyn to the Elf. "Thank you for your help, but I do have an appointment. I am appointed by Faramir, Prince of Ithilien, to speak with King Elessar of Gondor."

THe men looked at her, confused for a moment, then realized the joke. "My, Lady," one of them stepped forward. "That is not the appointment to which we referred. However, the Lady Elf is right. THe King has no business now. I will see to it that you have an audience with him." The man left, then returned. "My Lady, the King requests that you join him in his dining hall.

Eruwyn followed the guards to the said hall. There, at the head of the table, with an elven woman next to him, sat Elessar. He looked up at her and she bowed. His eyes widened with recognition. "Lady," he addressed her. "Are you not Eruwyn, daughter of Faramir? Was it so long ago that you are now grown?"

Eruwyn looked up from her bow. "Aye, my lord. It has been many a year since I have see thee."

'And what, pray, brings you here in such a hurry?" he asked, motioning for her to sit down.
"Nay, my lord, I am afraid I cannot sit. I must ride on to Rohan. For Ithilien has been attacked. I have come to beg your assistance. My city is in flames."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 04-28-2002, 12:32 PM   #11
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Anariel turned to leave till she heard a bit of the maid's conversation with the King as she was turning to return to her kinsmen. The maid said somthing about a city in flames. Anariel remembered the scence from the night before, and turned.

"Pray forgive me for interrupting, your highness," She said upon entering the hall, "But I have a question for the maid. This city of yours, is it perchance, to the west?" She asked...
Old 05-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #12
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"Nay," said Eruwyn. "'Tis East, the capital of Ithilien. My father and mother are there, fighting side by side to end this. However, for whatever reason, The southrons and Easterlings have attacked, leaving us surrounded. it was our last hope to call upon thy help, my lord."

Elessar acknowledged her, then turned to the Elf. "Friend, why do you ask this? Surely you know Ithilien lies to the east of Gondor."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-16-2002, 08:29 AM   #13
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Master Legolas" a whisper startled Legolas into turning around. "Fimbren" he laughed, "Are you back from visiting Treebeard?"
"Listen Legolas" frowned Fimbren, "strange things are happening and I must ride, first to Minas Ithil and then Minas Tirith, and whither then, I cannot say. Farewell, until our next meeting. By the way Nimmorn, I may come back for your help. I feel it will be neccesary" He mounted his horse, Nahar, and was gone in seconds.
Legolas shook his head and went back to work.
"Noldor" he muttered, "how very strange"
Nimmorn laughed.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-16-2002 at 08:47 AM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:39 AM   #14
Meldien Eruantalë
Sapling

OOC: ok i'm confused as to who's from where. Legolas' group is from Mirkwood/Eryn Lasgalen right? cuz i'm pretty sure someone said they wanted to be back in Ithilien...*sigh* whatever i'll just post...

IC:

Meldien, who had been wandering about the vast confines of the great white city, approached Legolas from behind. Her steps were silent, as elves' footsteps are wont to be.

"Legolas." she said, startling the elvish prince slightly. He turned to face her, a friendly smile on his face.

"Yes, Meldien?" he queried, raising one eyebrow.

"Why does Fimbren ride with such haste?" her countenance changed from that of laughter to that of anxiety, "He has not ridden so fast since the War."

Legolas' face became grave, "I am troubled also, for he said that strange things were happening, but did not stay long enough to elaborate. Something tells me there are foul plots afoot, for I smell smoke in the air even now." He squinted his eyes as he looked up at the bright noon sky and turned his face in the direction of the wind. "It comes from the East. That does not bode well." he said, shaking his head.

"I don't think the power of Mordor could be resurrected without the presence of it's master...yet I feel your anxiety." said Meldien. She opened her mouth to say something else, but thought better of it. Why ruin a beautiful day with talk of dark things? She put her hand on Legolas' shoulder reassuringly and walked away, towards Ecthelion, where she hoped she might get an audience with the king. She dearly wished to speak with her old friend Estel again...

May the blessings of the Elves and all of the Free Folk go with you! May the stars shine upon your faces!
Meldien Eruantalë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 02:05 PM   #15
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

ooc: yes originally rhey're from Mirkwood but they are currently in Gondor (Ithilien or Minas Tirith I'm not sure)
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 02:08 PM   #16
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren rode quickly to Minas Ithil. The town was inhabited again but the tower...none had entered since Sauron's defeat, it still helt too much terror. But now, Minas Ithil was in flames.
"NO!!!" shouted Fimbren as he urged Nahar into the city.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #17
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

"Tis nothing your highness, I just thought I saw a city burn upon the western horizon last eve, I beg forgiveness for my interuption." Anariel answered.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:26 PM   #18
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Nimmorn sighed, watching the East, where Fimbren had ridden. He wished he were riding with Fimbren, rather than here in Ithilien, where everything was tense, with a sense of foreboding, from the words of Meldien and Fimbren. Nimmorn was not one to wait on the sidelines; he preferred to be in the thick of things. "Perhaps it is time to sail West," he said to himself. He looked out toward Minas Ithil again--and saw flame in the distance. The city was on fire.
He jumped down from the rock ledge he was seated on, and ran to find Legolas.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #19
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Eruwyn took her leave of Elessar quickly and rode forth to Rohan. Thus she met none, no travellers. Twas strange, she thought.
When she reached Meduseld, she found the people hiding in their homes, afraid to even greet her. The Golden Hall was nearly dark and there sat Eomer. "My lord uncle," she began. "I come with disparaging news."

"I know, dear niece. I have seen it."

"Would you help us? FOr without the Riders, all is lost."

"Aye," said Eomer. "We ride forth tomorrow morn."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-17-2002, 03:45 AM   #20
Earniel

Imarwen reached the stables and readied her horse for the night. A stable boy came to her. "Your mother is looking for you. She isn't pleased."
"When is she ever?" said Imarwen
"She doesn't like it that you go out riding in times like these."
"Rohan is safe still. I don't feel like hiding from a danger that is still far off and Merrah needed excercise."
The stable boy raised an eyebrow.
"You can excercise Merrah closer to Meduseld too. She said if you neglected your duties much longer, she might marry you off. Although she might not have meant that."
"What duties?" asked Imarwen concerned
"Afraid of getting married?" He said jokingly
Imarwen rolled her eyes but smiled nevertheless. "What duties?" she asked again.
"Well, welcoming visitors is one of your duties, isn't it?"
"There was a visitor?"
"Yes, a young woman. Came from Gondor, I believe. Went straight to the King."
Imarwen cursed slightly and raced to the Golden Hall.