Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2002, 12:40 AM   #1
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

The Fourth Age...

Okay, I want to start an RPG occuring during the reign of Elessar. It happens in Gondor and Rohan and Ithilien (starting somewhere there), so most of the characters will be Men (as in human).

The Easterlings and Southrons have attacked Ithilien, where Faramir and his wife Eowyn are ruling (as in taking care of it, after Elessar made Faramir Prince, yada, yada, yada). They have requested the assistance of the kings Elessar and Eomer to fight off these invaders.

The characters needed will be: a couple of generals (from Rohan and Gondor), some soldiers, a healer or two, and a chick or two to make it interesting, oh, and also some bad guys... and anything else you can think of that would fit.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Nariel Starfire : 02-18-2002 at 01:00 PM.
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I will join!

Not as an elf of the Arat-family though, but as a human.
How major roll I will have time for I do not know (as I'm hosting the Nârmacil saga and is also about to enter in the Pentagrid net.
I'll surely join though
The 4th age really make room for a larger plot and so on, then any RPGs in a age already written by Tolkien !

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #3
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Hey, I really need people to get this RPG started. Oh, and btw, I think I can even squeeze in some parts for elves, since this is the FOurth Age and Legolas led a company of elves down to Ithilien to rebuild the land (hey, may Legolas himself can be in it).

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-01-2002, 01:50 AM   #4
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Hmmmm... this could work....
Back when I lived in Middleearth, Legolas, his wife Tinuviel and their baby daughter Laurelothril lived in Ithilien.... and I, Morauko, the Nazgul Queen lived with them as their protector and guardian... but most of all as their friend.
However, I spent most of my time restoring Mordor until it became Aredor, Vale of Sunlight, and was as beautiful as any other place on middleearth.
Can I be me or must I be someone else?

Either that, or I can be the last living Nazgul who is leading the hordes of Easterlings and Southrons, however noone know (yet) that I am still alive or that it is an organised revenge for Saurons destruction.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #5
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

wait, back up and pause. Where does it say that Legolas got married? Tell me you made it up! PLEASE!

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #6
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

I admit that there is nothing mentioned of this event in any of J.R.R. Tolkien's histories of the War of the Rings and middleearth....

But I truly believe that I DID live in Middleearth and my foster sister and best friend Tinuviel, youngest daughter of Elrond, married Legolas...
Just ask his younger sister Avardelothien!

If you want to hear the whole story, go to my autobiography.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 03-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #7
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

okay, well one of the minor plots is Eruwyn's (my character) tragic romance with Legolas. So Either you can tweak your story a bit or be a new character. Or I can ignore my dream-come-true and just have Eruwyn end up with someone else. No matter how it goes, I would love to have you in it.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-13-2002, 04:13 AM   #8
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

It doesn't matter, seeing as Tinuviel would not make an appearance in this story anyway.

So... would you like me to be a good Nazgul who is on your side, a bad Nazgul leading the enemy, or Kalome the Dunadain Ranger?

Old 03-13-2002, 03:09 PM   #9
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

You can be whatever you want, but we don't have any bad guys yet, so that would be cool (and considering there aren't any in the other RPGs, it would be an interesting twist to see stuff from the bad guys' point of view.

Either way, we do need more players...

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-14-2002, 01:08 AM   #10
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I'll join! I'll join!
I'll be one of the elves that comes to Ithilien with Legolas. One of his kin from Mirkwood. . .
Must think of a name. Hmm. I will be Nimmorn, an archer and tree-climber extrodinaire Okay, so where do we start?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 10:41 AM   #11
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Do not forget though, that the 4th age in Middle Earth is the age of men. All the elves left for Valinor (blessed realms) in the end of the 3rd age, after the one ring was destroied (read the last part of Silmarillion). So wether this story could have realisticly placements of elves in middle earth without re-writing Tolkien.. then a story has to be made telling why some elves were coming back to Middle Earth...

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-15-2002, 12:15 PM   #12
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

okay, I forget where I read it... but somewhere IN TOLKIEN I read that after the whole WotR thing, Legolas went back to Mirkwood (which was renamed Greenwood) and led a company of Elves to rebuild. THat's where I think we'll start.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-15-2002, 08:50 PM   #13
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Might this have been in the Unfinished Tales? -I am currently reading thatone, and therefor I do not know...

- Arat-Falathion
Old 03-15-2002, 09:16 PM   #14
Eruviel Greenleaf

I just was reading RotK, and Legolas said to Aragorn before he departed to Fangorn with Gimli that he would bring some of his people to make Ithilien beautiful again, if his Lord allowed it. Then it said that elves did indeed come. It's all in "Many Partings," I believe. So, yes, elves indeed were in Ithilien for a little bit. And even after the three Rings passed from ME, there were still elves there. Celeborn and Thranduil, for example. And Legolas did not leave Middle-earth until 1541 (120, Fourth Age), the year King Elessar died. So, that's 120 years after the Three Rings passed. Therefore, there would still be a few elves sticking around. Saying good bye to their trees, perhaps.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:44 AM   #15
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

thank you, Eruviel... Anyway, I'd like to get this show on the road. so if everyone could post your bios... I'll need At least one from Rohan, one from Larger GOndor, and Elf or two, maybe some bad guy(s). Of course, each person can play more than one character. here's mine:

Name: Eruwyn
Heritage: daughter of Faramir and Eowyn
Appearance: Fair skin, raven hair, blue eyes.
Personality: Definitely her mother's daughter, but daddy's girl. Always wants to join the boys but they never let her.
Weapon of choice: sword.

I'll also probably be running most of the Ithilien people... not that there will be many

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-18-2002, 01:28 AM   #16
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Hehehe... I'm gonna be a bad guy.... this should be fun....

Name: Morauko
Race: Nazgul
Appearance: 5'11", always dressed in a black cloak and riding her black horse Wathalion.
Wields Feamarth, a sword of numenorean make, and the ring Morya
Personality: Very cold, she enjoys killing and destruction. As a last remnant of her days as a dunadain princess, she is an excellent tracker.

However, if we need more good guys, I'll be Kalome, a dunadain of Gondor.
Name: Kalome
Race: Dunadain
Heritage: A distant cousin of Aragorn
Appearance: 5'8" with olive skin and brown hair and eyes. She is usually garbed in ranger gear with a cloak of Lothlorien.
Personality: Enjoys nature and spends a lot of time walking in the woods or reading. An animal friend, she has a pet cat called Elwen who goes everywhere with her. She is profficient at fighting however hates killing.
Extremely kind and honest.

Last edited by Nazgûl Queen : 03-18-2002 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:11 AM   #17
Eruviel Greenleaf

Here goes:

Name: Nimmorn (White Tree. i'm sure some Gondorians would have a fit, but that's okay. . .)
Heritage: Some relation of Legolas. Probably a 2nd cousin.
Appearance: Elven. Okay, blonde hair (I figure Thranduil does, so probably some of his relations, too), 6' or so, grey eyes...
Personality: Keeps to himself, unless he feels it is necessary to speak. Quiet and reserved, but always ready for battle. Loves trees, and climbing them.
Weapons: Bow, and one long, white knife. (hey, he's an elf of Mirkwood. I figure he would use much of same weapons and fighting style as Legolas)

Okay, guess that's it. Unless you need me to play more characters, which I am willing to do.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 03-18-2002 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:03 AM   #18
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

In what time of the 4rth age will this take place? just wondering as I guess in the beginning of the 4rth age there would be peace in Arda.. right? What about somewhere in the middle of the age.. or a couple of hundred years into the 4rth age atleast... well well..

Here is my character:

Name: Tuorin

Heritage: Distant relation to Tuor, son of Huor (who lived in the 1st age).

Born: in Rohan

Race: Human, distant relation to Hadors house, but is one of the Rohan riders.

Appearance: His face is handsome and his hair is goldenhaired like the Huor-related family usualy was, and he is strong and tall and brave. He is a quick learner, but his clothing is not that great. He wear a brown clothing made out of wool.

Personality: Loves riding horses and love the forrest. He enjoy his comrades company as well as being lonely. His skills in sword fighting is exelent, and he train several hours a day. He has a humor and an appearance that can catch any female heart (among humans atleast). He can be warm, but also fierce!

Weapons: He wields a light broadsword that were given to him by his father, Buorin. Beside the light weight of this sword, there is nothing special about it. The light weight, however, combined with Tuorins strenght makes it a deadly fast sword, and he can outduel everyone, in Rohan atleast (as he haven't been outside of these lands).
Old 03-20-2002, 03:41 PM   #19
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

This is my charcter I made up and I hope you can use me. Is it alright?
Name:Anariel

Physical appearence: Tall, with honey colored hair and blue eyes. Considered beautiful by human standards but pretty normal by Elvish.

History: Anariel was born a silvan elf in Mirkwood, her father being a master craftsman of arrows and bows. Anariel has since picked up the profession. She fought in Mirkwood along side King Thranduil during the War of the Ring but was wounded in the arm by an arrow, thus prohibiting her from using her right arm much and she now cannot shoot a bow any more as a result of that and can only wield a sword. Moved to Ithilien after her parents and family left for the west.

Personality: Serious and very quiet (Unless had too much ale(:, but swift to comfort those in pain. Can be very sarcastic and fiece in battle despite her injury.

Weapon:Sword
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 03-20-2002 at 03:53 PM.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:58 PM   #20
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'd love to join but the point is I never did any serious RPG, and I'm scared to death that I mess up. But if you are able to forgive that and probably future mistakes as well, count me in. I'll post my character description as soon as I made it sound (probably tomorrow or the day after) unless that is you kick me out of this thread now. What d'ya say?