Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2002, 06:21 AM   #1
Laurenis
Enting

when was the last time you made a TOTAL fool of yourself??

I was just thinking about this the other day.

It was about two months ago when I was watching this quiz show on tv. It's called 'University Challenge' and colleges and universities all over the country enter and they do all the semis and finals and everything... anyway I was watching it... i don't know why because its boring (hey im a teen) but anyway I noticed that some Cambridge (or maybe it was Oxford i dont remember) University was an ALL MALE TEAM. well anyway being the feminist that I am, I went straight online and emailed them, just generally having a go at them for not having women in the team. i felt very proud until, two weeks later when i went onto their website to see if they'd posted my email and found out that it was an ALL MENS UNIVERSITY. oh dear what I fool i felt. not to mention how my friends had a good long laugh at me for that one. oops.

conclusion:
always check the facts before making assumptions.

anyone else have some really embaressing stories where you've made a total fool of yourself? i could do with a laugh. oh and write a conclusion to warn us all for the future!
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
aldesign
Elven Warrior

hehe, at least now ive found another crazy England Resident!

hi, i live in Brighton (South coast)

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:02 AM   #3
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

My first week of Mooting. I got ticked REEEAALL easy!.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:46 AM   #4
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Well, there is this guy at my school who is a big-headed egotistical jerk, so of course my "friends" have decided that I am in love with him. (Which I am not) Well, they were at it again, and I said, "I don't like Shane! I hate his guts!" pretty loudly. They all started laughing so I turned around and, yup, he was standing right there.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 10:59 AM   #5
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by CardenIAntauraNauco
My first week of Mooting. I got ticked REEEAALL easy!.
Heehee...I remember that! I didn't really help, did I? I apologize too late, Carden...

Yeah, anyway. The last time I made a complete and total fool of myself was awhile ago. I called my friend's house, and someone answered. I thought it was her, so I was being crazy and saying stuff that made no sense, like "hello" a million times. Then "my friend" said, "OH, is this Alyssa?" I had been talking to my friend's MOM. (They sound too alike. ) Needless to say, I blushed to the roots of my hair, and apologized a million times. That taught me to always check who I am talking to.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)

Last edited by Renille : 03-10-2002 at 03:00 PM.
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #6
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well let me think......

see "gerrrrrrrrrr.... stupid mom", "My 300th post, am I going too fast?" errrrrrrrr.... the last bits of am I going too fast are most...... intertaning eh CBG?

by the way, I don't hate you any more, I was just being rude and childish.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #7
Laurenis
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by aldesign
hehe, at least now ive found another crazy England Resident!

hi, i live in Brighton (South coast)

andy
hey andy... ah no i don't think i could be futhur from you... ah its gotta be yorkshire!! lol don't worry i'm not a yorkshire lass, nottingham actually (ROBIN HOOD AND SHERWOOD FOREST FOREVER!!!)... but this is where i live now. oh how i adore the weather of northeast england....
'Therefore he willed that the hearts of Men should seek beyond the world and should find no rest therein; but they should have a virtue to shape their life, amid the powers and chances of the world, beyond the Music of the Ainur, which is as fate to all things else; and of their operation everything should be, in form and deed, completed, and the world fulfilled unto the last and smallest.'
Laurenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 05:24 PM   #8
Arian
Elven Warrior

Ah, let's see well first wk. on enmoot, too, and some other times here. And ah, let's see, err, well when I do at some of my friends house, and couple times at Tae Kwon Do.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:37 PM   #9
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

On a flight between miami and D/FW, I flicked open a bottle of instant hand sanitizer, forgetting that pressure builds up in small bottles at high elevations. A glob of the stuff shot out of the bottle, and flew four or five feet to the other side of the airport, and struck a gentleman on the side of the face! Now, if you know anything about instant hand sanitizer, you know that it looks and feels sort of like snot when it first comes out of the bottle! He looked extremely horrified, and I felt ready to sink into the floor. However, my friend had the presence of mind to grab the bottle and stick it under his nose, and tell him, "it's only instant hand sanitizer!!!" and then, "would you like some?"
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 08:59 PM   #10
Ararax
Elven Warrior

5 shots of tequila 5 shots of barcardi 151 and 3 white russians ill never do that again, and what happened after was the real part of how i made a fool of myself, dont drink and dont take up smokeing, actually dont smoke cigeretts and dont drink in excess cause hang overs arent fun and it messes you up for classes the next day, and quitting cigeretts aint exactly fun, there for learn from me dont be an idiot!!!!!! lol trust me 9 am physics 1 is less fun hung over then sober
Old 03-10-2002, 09:03 PM   #11
Arian
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille

Heehee...I remember that! I didn't really help, did I? I apologize too late, Carden...

Yeah, anyway. The last time I made a complete and total fool of myself was awhile ago. I called my friend's house, and someone answered. I thought it was her, so I was being crazy and saying stuff that made no sense, like "hello" a million times. Then "my friend" said, "OH, is this Alyssa?" I had been talking to my friend's MOM. (They sound too alike. ) Needless to say, I blushed to the roots of my hair, and apologized a million times. That taught me to always check who I am talking to.

Hee, not quiet a million. More like 10 times. at least what u told me.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:56 PM   #12
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Total fool of myself? Me? Ha!
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:33 AM   #13
Ararax
Elven Warrior

thats what i would say to if i thought people would believe me, but since not why not be honest
Old 03-11-2002, 12:34 AM   #14
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Elf
Total fool of myself? Me? Ha!
Last time RE made a total fool of herself: see above.

Last time I made a total fool of myself: Probably less than two minutes ago.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:40 AM   #15
Ararax
Elven Warrior

true true
Old 03-11-2002, 10:04 AM   #16
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I HATE YOU ALL!

like about 5 secs ago I just made a fool of my self

(just kidding. I really love ya!)
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 03:43 PM   #17
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

When I was in sixth grade I went to a weekend retreat with my church. It was held on a college campus by the beach. Anyhow, one lunchtime, which we had in the cafeteria, I was sitting with some friends. We had speghetti. My pals were in especially good form that day, pulling off knee-slapper after gut-buster after rib-tickler. In fact they were so good that I was about to swallow down a forkfull of speghetti and I laughed and I choked on the speghetti and I threw up all over the table.
After that, I quickly got up, put my plate on the conveyer belt to be washed (poor sap that had that job) and since I had vomit all over my clothes, I had to walk about a quarter of a mile across campus to my room so I could change.

I still have emotional scars...
Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 PM   #18
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Well, I thought of this thread this A.M. I went into my appointment
and did my exam ( I'm a vet) for someones new cat. The owner kept breaking into big smiles when he was looking at me. I thought I was doing a great job, and being entertaining to boot. Anyhow, came out to get vaccines and discovered my smock was inside out and I had done up the snaps and still didn't notice.
I went back in and had a good laugh. When you get to a certain age you act like the 'absentminded professor', that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Old 09-13-2002, 04:33 PM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
Last time RE made a total fool of herself: see above.
I resent that!
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:34 PM   #20
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvet
Well, I thought of this thread this A.M. I went into my appointment
and did my exam ( I'm a vet) for someones new cat. The owner kept breaking into big smiles when he was looking at me. I thought I was doing a great job, and being entertaining to boot. Anyhow, came out to get vaccines and discovered my smock was inside out and I had done up the snaps and still didn't notice.
I went back in and had a good laugh. When you get to a certain age you act like the 'absentminded professor', that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
I just read this. I feel better now! Last Friday I wore my shirt inside out all morning, I blame the bifocals.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote