Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Who out there watches MST. It's a very funny show. It's too bad they stopped making episodes. Did you know on Quest of the Delta Knights they made three seperate allusions to LOTR?
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Is it that show with the weird guys commenting on some old films? I've seen parts of soom episodes....its on Sci Fi channel right? too stupid to watch any in their entirity. No wonder they stopped making that .

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:41 AM   #3
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yesss! I love MST3K!! We have a few episodes on tape . . . I don't what you're talking about, HOBBIT, that show kicks butt! It's so funny! I think people just don't like watching it because each episode is 2 hours long. Sad, just tragic.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:38 PM   #4
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

I used to watch that show EVERY Saturday. Get up around 9 or 10, I forgot when it came on. I especially love the parts where their not in the movie theater and talking about it. Did anyone see the Screaming skull episode? Crew or Servo(forgot which one) dressed up as the skull and Mike kept beating it! LOL!

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:53 PM   #5
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

How about SOULTAKER...LOL that's a great one.
The first scene is hilarious. I have it and The Quest Of The Delta Knights and The Legend Of The Boggy Creek Monster 2 taped

here is the INTRO from soul taker as well as I can remember it.

Mike: Hi my name is Mike. Before we enter the theater I would like to inform all of you that I just put my hands in something cold and wet eww..

Crow:MIKE! you interuppted our Wet T-Shirt contest

Mike: Your...

Crow: Wet T-shirt contest.

Servo: You know, the sport popular in california florida and Parts of wisconson

Mike: ah.. (looks down at two pans with filled with liquid and two seperate tshirts.) and these would be your wet T-shirts.

Crow: That's right. I won with my Waffle-Knit Crew Neck which absorbed a full 3.5 Liters of water

Servo: And while crow won the day my Beefy Hanes T-Shirt absorbed faster with less dripage

Crow:But were still not sure what the Whole BIG deal is over a wet T- Shirt contest:

Mike: Let me have some time to explain something to my bots and we'll be right back....

I love that one..
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 11:43 PM   #6
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

LOL! My favorite so far is "The Invasion of the Neptune Men." Especially the part where Crow and Servo perform a Kabuki (sp?) play.

Servo: So is anyone in the audience familiar with Japanese theater?

Mike raises his hand.

Mike: Yes, although my favorite form of Japanese theater is Noh theater.

Crow: Wait a minute . . . so you're saying you don't like any theater at all?

Mike: No, no, no. Let me explain: Noh is a type of Japanese theater. Noh plays have been performed in Japan for centuries, and Noh actors are respected even today.

Crow: What, now you're saying Japan has no theater at all? Jeez, Mike stop dissing Japanese theater!

Mike: Noh theater. N-O-H!

Servo: N-O-H? Well, you've just proven yourself to be a complete IDIOT, Mike!!

Crow: All right, Mike, we're going to ask you a simple series of yes and no questions that any idiot should be able to answer. First, are your familiar with Japanese theater?

Mike: *nods* Yes.

Crow: And do you have a particular favorite type of Japanese theater?

Mike: *nods* Yes.

Crow: Good, now we're getting somewhere! Can you tell me the name of your favorite Japanese theater?

Mike: *nods* Noh.

Crow: What?! Why not?

Mike: Why not what?!

Crow: Why won't you tell me your favorite Japanese theater?!

Mike: I just did!

Crow: Did what?!

Mike: Told you my favorite Japanese theater!

Crow: Well, could you PLEASE tell me again, please?

Mike: Yes! Noh!

Crow & Servo: Aaaaaaaaaaaargh...........!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote