Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Degiend Worthy of Legend-The NEW RPG

Here's what's up. Those who have reserved their places in the planning thread will be the ONLY ones with major characters, so if you want to be part of the major group than say so in the planning thread and soon. Post your character bios here and your posts. It will be the same plot as the first thread only with a few changes. Feel free to write what you want only keep it clean and the magic rule will be the same. It will be what Middle Earth would be like in other words Hobbits wont do magic or anything. I would like it to be like the first thread as much as possible.
Ok, my characters are Gwen and Sam Gamgee. You can read Gwens bio on the planning thread and Sams in the Lord Of The Rings.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #2
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Okay, here are my characters:
Name: Alexandria Rodriguez
Race: Human
Height: 5'10"
Commonly wears: blues, blacks, greys, and sometimes reds (hates pink).
Eye color: blue
Hair color/type: black/straight (about waist length)

She comes from a family of seven kids, of which she is the only girl, so, needless to say, she can kick butt. Her favorite game is football, and she loves trees (she talks to them for some reason... possible Elf heritage). She also loves reading, and has read any fantasy novel she can get her hands on. She's a fairly smart kid, a good student, and also takes Karate Lessons. As the story begins, she's a few weeks away from taking her black belt test. She's good with hand-to-hand combat.

Her personality is very sarcastic. She's always cracking jokes at people, especially prissy girls.

I'll also be playing Merry

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

My Characters

Okay...
My main character is Kalome, a Dunadain Ranger who is your guide in middleearth...

Name: Kalomë
Race: Dunadain
Height: 5'11"
Commonly wears: Green forest garb with an elven cloak and leaf clasp, bow and arrows and a sword.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Long, dark brown, slightly wavy

A daughter of the Dunadain, she grew up in Imladris among the elves. A studier of elven law and a fine horseback rider and warrior, she enjoys reading, singing, riding her horse Wathalion, wandering through the woodlands of middleearth and talking with people of all races.
Fluent in many middleearth languages, she is most often employed as a guide for travellers through the forests when she is not studying and fighting in the war.

I meet you guys somewhere-or-ither when you reach middleearth and join you on your quest, becoming your guide and protector, and translating for you when neccessary.

---------------------------------------------------

However, I am also playing the part of one of your friends from school, Elanor Silmar.

Name: Elanor
Race: Human
Height: 5'5"
Commonly Wears: Jeans and a top.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Long, Straight and Jet Black

Youngest in a family of three, Elanor is often ignored so spends her time reading and learning. She also loves going on long rambling walks through the forest and spending time with her friends.
She is quite intelligent and has a keen sense of humour, but she is very shy and quiet so it rarely comes out. She has an intense fear of being rejected by her friends as she is by her family, so never asks for anything or speaks out for herself.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...

Last edited by Nazgûl Queen : 02-25-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:02 PM   #4
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Are we all ready? Is everyone here that wants to join? Like I said if you want to join than say so in the planning thread. NOT HERE!

Here goes:
Deigned Worthy Of Legend

Gwen looked at the blackboard with the usual boredom that kicked in at the end of the day. It was only 20 more minutes of boredom until she and her friends Tanaquil, Heather(who also happened to be her cousin), Alexandria, and Elanor would break free of school and spend the rest of the week at the beach, the mall or where ever they found fit to pass their time. She looked over to Tanaquil. Tan wiggled her large feet which were bare due to the fact she was more than 1/4 Hobbit. Tan looked at her and winked then nodded at the clock. Gwen turned around to look at the time. Five more minutes, four,three,two, one. 30 seconds, 20,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1! A flurry of chairs were knocked over in the mad rush to get out of their prison and out to the outdoors where they would do little or nothing. Gwen waited outside of the classroom door for her friends. Tan,Alexandria and finally Elanor. Heather was nowhere to be seen. "Let me guess. She's in the bathroom...RIGHT?" Tan asked as she hoisted her back pack higher onto her shoulder. "Tan you had to ask?I'm sure that she goes to the bathroom for the same reasons we ALL do, but then I'm sure something in the mirror has a magnetic pull on makeuped faces or something. I've never had a problem with it"Alexandria replied"Hey you guys give Heather some slack. She is sixteen after all." Gwen said as she opened her locker.
The foursome made thier way out to the flagpole where they alsways met and as always Heather was not there.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-27-2002, 05:08 AM   #5
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Elanor followed her friends to the flagpole. She wondered where Heather was, but as usual was too quiet to speak out. Slowly she walked away and got out a book to read while she waited for her friend. Quietly she asked where they were going today, but was not heard. Sighing, she put her book down and watched the clouds, trying to pick up the courage to speak up for herself. "Guys, can we go to the library today? I need to pick up this book I reserved," she said. Her friends rolled their eyes and told her that they had planned to go to the ice creamery today but she could go to the library if she wanted. Sadly she said, "No, whatever you want is fine with me." then went back to reading her book*

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 02-27-2002, 03:10 PM   #6
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

BTW, I forgot to mention that Alexandria usually goes by Alex or Lex, whatever the individual wants to call her

BIC:
Lex looked at Elanor. "I'll go with you." she said. "I've been wanting to check out this cool book I heard about anyway." She turned to the others. "We'll meet you at the Sugar Bowl (the ice cream shop) later."

"Fine," said Gwen, and she led the others off in search of Rocky Road. Lex and Elanor, however, headed over to the library, just down the street.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #7
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

*Mutters*We forgot HEATHER!

Footsteps behind her made Gwen turn around. There was Heather running her hardest to cath up with them."Hey where's Lex and Ellie?" She asked. "They went to the library. We're gonna meet at Gelatos and then maybe head over to the park. Where were you?" Gwen replied "Dont say I already know the answer" Heather bumped into her cousin and the three began walking to Gelatos.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-28-2002, 04:31 AM   #8
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Elanor smiles gratefully at Lex and says "Thanks. I didn't want to go by myself but I hate to inconvenience anyone." Lex replies, "Any time. I don't mind going with you. Honest!" Together they walk down the street to the library.
Inside the library, Elanor checks out her book then goes over to where Lex is looking at this new book. Elanor asks her what it's about, and who its by, hoping that it's by someone she knows so they can have an indepth conversation about technicalities.... like that time with Gwen and the Riftwar Saga...*

Old 02-28-2002, 03:16 PM   #9
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex picked up the book off the shelf.
"What is it?" Ellie asked.
"I just heard about it. It's C.S. Lewis's sci-fi series. I didn't know he wrote Sci-Fi until recently, and I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, so I figured I'd get it. Have you read and C.S. Lewis?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-28-2002, 03:30 PM   #10
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex picked up the book off the shelf.
"What is it?" Ellie asked.
"I just heard about it. It's C.S. Lewis's sci-fi series. I didn't know he wrote Sci-Fi until recently, and I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, so I figured I'd get it. Have you read and C.S. Lewis?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-01-2002, 01:37 AM   #11
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Elanor's eyes light up.*
"C S Lewis? I loved his Narnia series when I was little, but I haven't heard of this new Sci-Fi series.... I shall have to look into it sometime. Hey.... have you read Orson Scott Card? Is novel 'Enders Game' is an absolutely fabulous read. I'm picking up the third book in his series 'Red Prophet' which is about this fascinating alternate America where magic works, and this boy with very special powers. Anyway, we'd better hurry up and get to Gelatos before they get fed up and start to leave."
*She picks up her bag and her book and waits for Lexi to finish what she's doing. Lex gets the book out from the library and together they walk up the road to Gelatos, talking about the type of books that they enjoy reading.*

Old 03-02-2002, 05:20 PM   #12
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Gwen sat down at the table. Tan had to go home because she forgot she had to babysit and Heather had a history report that was due on Monday so Gwen was alone. She stared at her bannana fudge shake dismally. The bell above the door jangled a merry tune. Ellie and Lex walked through the door. Gwen raised her hand and waved it to let them know where she was. They nodded and began ordering thier snacks. Suddenly Gwens appitite was back. She opened the lid to her cup and dug her spoon in. She popped it into her mouth as her friends walked towards her."Where're the others?" Lex asked "Tan had to babysit and Heather has homework to do." Gwen replied in a matter of fact tone"Did you get your book Ellie?" Ellie nodded her head. "You know what why dont we head over to my house?It's Friday and I was wondering if you'd want to spend the night?"
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 03-03-2002, 01:33 AM   #13
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

OOC: I'm going to be away for the next nine days or so, so can you just play my character for me remembering her personality, and not exclude me or go into middleearth yet please?

BIC: *Elanor walked into Gelatos with Lexi and immediately went to order her usual, a mint-chock-chip icecream. As she walked over to Gwen she heard her mention something about going to her house. "Hey Gwen, why don't you guys come to my house instead? There's icecream in the fridge and we can all go swimming in my pool. What do you say?"*

Old 03-03-2002, 11:15 PM   #14
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex got her brownie sundae as usual and sat down by Ellie and Gwen. "Sure. Love to. But I've got to stop by my place first. Mind? It's right on the way."
"Yeah," said Gwen. "Me too."
"Cool. Let's go as soon as we're done." replied Lex. "Oh, but when we stop by my place, well, let's just say I apologize in advance for my brothers."
"Why?" asked Ellie.
"Well, they're a little rowdy at times."
"Really? I doubt they could out-rowdy me." Elie joked, then looked down at her dish.
Lex smiled. "We'll see."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc

Last edited by Nariel Starfire : 03-03-2002 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:20 AM   #15
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

OOC: Hmmmm.... nine days and only one post....

BIC: *Privately wonders how rowdy Lexi's brothers could be*

"Thats fine with me... in fact, its an excellent idea, cause just yesterday I found a way from your house to my house through the bush, and I'd like to check it out... if its okay with you guys, of course.
Anyway, shall we be on our way?

*Picks up her bag and stands up, waiting for her friends*

Old 03-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #16
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex got up to follow Ellie. They walked out and headed toward her place. They were about a block away when they heard a blood-curdling scream. THe others looked worried, but Lex just laughed.

"Don't worry guys. It's just my brother Juan. Fernando probably dunked him in the pool again."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-18-2002, 01:40 AM   #17
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Ellie walks up to the doors of the house and then turns to Lexi.
"You just go inside, and do what you have to do. I'll just be up in that tree over there, reading."
Lexi looked at her, astonished. "Are you sure? You never know what my brothers might do!"
Ellie smiled at her, "I'll be okay.... you'll see.... That tree is so nice with a view overlooking the creek and everything.... and I doubt they could do anything to harm me!"
"Well... if you're sure..." replied Lex.
"Positive. Just call me when you've finished."

With that, ellie climbed up the tree and started reading her book. Gwen looked at Lexi, lexi shrugged and they both went indoors.*

Old 03-18-2002, 02:58 PM   #18
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Lex was in her room getting her things when she heard another blood-curdling scream. She was used to them, but this wasn't one of her brothers. She looked at Gwen.
"Ellie!" they cried in unison and ran out to the front yard. There was Ellie, tied to the tree with Lex's brothers a few feet away setting fire to the rope that was binding her. Ellie was crying. Lex was laughing. Gwen was dumbstruck.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 03-19-2002, 04:12 AM   #19
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Ellie was completely engrossed in her book and didn't realise what had happened until it was too late. IUmmediately, she panicked and screamed, sending her friends running. Slowly, however, a smile dawned on her face and she untied the knots, throwing the rope back at Lex's brothers just as it reached the end. They howled in pain and she burst out laughing.

"I hope you don't mind having singed brothers," she told lexi. "I think they'll get better in a few days, but maybe they'll stop pestering visitors."

Lexi looked at Ellie, astonished, as she proceeded to leap out of the tree, a good 2 metre drop.

"Are you sure you're okay? NOONE escapes from my brothers once they've caught you!"

Ellie replied, "Well... then this is a first" and chuckled evilly. Suddenly, realising what she had done, she looked down at the ground and said hesitatingly, "So are you finished? I'd really prefer to be able to spend a while in the bush before I have to be home."

Old 03-19-2002, 01:16 PM   #20
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"Sure, I'm done. Let's go." said Lex.

ooc: is Sam still playing?

Yours Truly, The Tisroc