Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
Day-dreamer
Sapling

Memory, Sorrow and Thorn- Trilogy

Hey All!

Someone might have posted about these books before, but if not I'd like to say that this series is one of my favourite all time fantasy story. It was one of my first set of series that I've read and this is probably what got me hooked into fantasy stories. If you havent read them yet, I really really recommend them. The first book is called "The Dragonbone Chair". Well thats it from me.
Day-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 08:30 PM   #2
Sakata
Elven Warrior

What's it about?

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 02:10 AM   #3
Day-dreamer
Sapling

hey sakata! Well I woundn't want to spoil your reading but I'll just generalise it. Its about an orphan peasant boy who was caught up in this struggle between good and evil (the typical plot line) however instead of having elves, he created another different race similar to elves. There is a war going on between two brothers after their father(the king) passed away. And of course there will be a few love and hate thing in it. It's really a kind of adventure, depecting trolls as a kind race helping to rid of an awesome evil that will be release if one of the brother is to suceed in his design to destroy the younger.If you still want to find out more post again and I'll try to be more precise. I do recommend you to read the first book to see if you like it. If you dont, you dont. But I would say I loved it
Day-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 08:03 PM   #4
greenman
Sapling

Memory, sorrow and thorn

I've read those books ages ago. Though my most of my memory about that book has faded, I think it was pretty nice. Though it contained many elements from other fantasy novels to be really innovating
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote