Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2000, 07:41 PM   #1
inSANaTEE Ordrin

Piers Anthony

Ok, While I do enjoy the fantasy and the SciFi novels. For some odd reason I also enjoy good old PA. His stories really bring fun and charm to the world and even though are punnish, they seem to grow on ya.

Xanth - a wonderful series that has seemed to grow as a human would as the novels came out.
Phaze - Interesting combo of scifi and Fantasy
Shades of Immortality - Loved the different viewpoints brought out in the series.(On a pale Horse and others)
Battle Circle - nice interesting futuristic post apocalyptic world for us.
Omnivore - Interesting trip to different worlds.
Old 08-28-2000, 07:12 PM   #2
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: Piers Anthony

I've read Xanth, and am starting Source of Magic. But I'm not sure what I think of them yet.
Old 09-05-2000, 03:43 PM   #3
Saulotus

Hey dude, if you're readin Anthony-try the Tarot collection. It's some of his best work.
Old 09-24-2000, 08:26 PM   #4
Gilthalion

I read a lot of the Xanth novels and really enjoyed them! I think I stopped with the one about zombies...
Old 10-19-2000, 05:13 PM   #5
Tai daishar

I never read the Xanth novels, I only read the Incantations of Immortality series. I thought they were pretty good.
Old 10-19-2000, 07:30 PM   #6
SarahStar

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to plug Xanth.

Read Xanth everybody! It's fun!

That about sums it up. :lol:

I could, of course, elaborate by saying that Xanth is just plain hilarious, that the jokes only get more and more involved (and thus funnier since by that time we're all insiders), that the author actually deals with mistakes made in previous books, that he is seriously the only fantasy author I can think of who actually accepts fan suggestions (some times he even makes whole books out of them!), and that the books have no redeeming moral message whatsoever (well, ok, there are good messages, but not in the author's-ulterior-movtive-"cleverly"-disguised sense)!

Also, the new one just came out, and I actually have it! I haven't read it yet, but I own it!
Old 10-19-2000, 07:47 PM   #7
Salli Canaliya

My, you're in a good mood today, Sarah! :lol:

I agree completely.
Old 10-28-2000, 10:26 PM   #8
etherealunicorn

I have to agree, the Xanth books are great fun! I have not read them in some time and there are a few I have not gotten yet, but they are a terrific day to pass an evening. I also rather like the Adept series, though the sense of fun is a bit more subtle. I have a soft spot for PA ever since he replied to a letter I wrote him many years ago. Certainly I didn't expect or really require a reply, but it was kind of him to do so for just some kid and it made me feel nice.