Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2000, 02:11 AM   #1
Pippin Skywalker

ANCANAR

I don't know if any of you have heard of this film project.....but if you have not...allow me to enlighten you

THE BIZ

ANCANAR is a low budget,independant film Directed and Written by Sam R. Balcomb.It is based on Tolkien's Silmarillion but with original characters and plot.
The interesting thing about this project in that their starting a new trend: "Interactive Film Making", where you can actually chat with the cast and crew,ask questions, and get the latest news on the stages of the production.If you want to know more go to www.ancanar.com and get to know ALL you want to know.Oh, yeah, and do me a favour....ENJOY!

THE SCOOP

The great thing is that they have had OPEN casting,where almost anyone can (even if you've had very little acting experiance) try out.
Ok..here is the really BIG thing.......You ready?NO!Don't hold your breath!It's bad for you!Darn ....I wouldn't want to be responsible for multiple heart attacks now would I?

I,Pippin Skywalker in the childhood of the month of August submitted a resume and three photos to the production.One good thing is their really looking for people who can use swords and ride horses.I have had 6 years riding experiance in walk,trot,canter (why does canter make me think of cancer?!) and jumping.I have also ridden in many shows including twice particapating in the biggest in the couuntry (no I didn't win anything so quit bugging me!).So I could land anthing from stunt/extra to a supporting role.Root for me eh?Then when I get it you can come to my house and have a party!(ok,ok you don't have to ) I should be hearing from them some time this month.That would be cool! MY first movie at 15! You SURE you don't wanna root for me ?

May all find the sucsess and joy in life that I have....
Always a lover of Star Wars and Tolkien.....

Pippin Skywalker- (aka q2)
Old 09-10-2000, 05:57 AM   #2
Shanamir Duntak

Re: ANCANAR

Yeah... I went to their site two days ago. This will be very good as a movie, and I hope we'll come to see more of these "Interactive film making"!
Old 09-10-2000, 12:33 PM   #3
Gilthalion

HURRAH!

And I hope you break a leg, young Pippin! (Though not your horses!)

I can handle a blade in correographed swordplay.

I've had one experience on a horse. In the south part of the county, I was visiting with some friends at a girl's stable. She put me bare back on a large black stallion, who had a reputation for spooking easily.

And he did.

There I was, no previous experience, on a horse that had spooked where a shed had burned down a year ago, galloping off bareback with the reins in my hands and terror on my face!

I did not know what to do! Visions of John Wayne and a thousand westerns flooded my mind. Without thinking, I pulled back hard on the reins and yelled, "Whoa!" in a commanding tone.

The horse dutifully stopped.

I have never been on the back of such a beast since!
Old 09-10-2000, 01:13 PM   #4
Legolas

Lol! g

I can fight fairly well with either a one-handed sword or a two-handed axe... the problem is that I am largely self-taught. I cannot find a good teacher.

Legolas
Old 09-10-2000, 01:34 PM   #5
Shanamir Duntak

You're like me... It's easy to find good teachers... but they are co$tly.
Old 09-10-2000, 03:00 PM   #6
bmilder

Interesting.

Nice to see you back here PS.
Old 09-10-2000, 11:05 PM   #7
Darth Tater

Good luck Pippin!

I've choreographed and partisipated in a few lightsabre and sword fights myself.
Old 09-11-2000, 12:53 AM   #8
Pippin Skywalker

It's filming around LA and San Fernando Valley.Shooting begins in October,in various types of terrain.

Also:The WHOLE cast are total unknowns....

Cast Of Characters:

Ancanar:The lead role in the film.He is betrayed and his house ruined in the valley of Rammoth.So what
does he do? Seek revenge? Kick Booty? No!He goes looking for an elf city..like it's the millenium ball! (KIDS!)

Laliel:The main female role of the film.She is taken captive by some theives and his held as a slave.

Raugil:The Villian.This dude HATES Ancanar,and probably will be the cause of all the fuss and problems in the film (DUH!That's what bad guys are for right?AM I RIGHT? )

Curugon:A hired hand,who works for guess who? AL GORE! (wooops...sorry) I mean Ancanar's father. There is some friction between these two characters (who are about the same age).

Anglanar:The father of Ancanar.He is a widower and has only one child.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may seem odd...but can I give you all a BIG hug? It's great to be here,and to know all you fine people,and it warms my heart that a lot of you are from the Jedi Council.
You bring back to life the memories I have of that time.

Bless You All!