Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
Tatië
Sapling

The Fall of the House of Gilfanon of Dorthonion

Not long after the sons of Feanor moved off to set up in the East, many of the people of Fingolfin and Finrod left Hithlum and came to dwell in the highland of Dorthonion. Under lordship of Aegnor and Angrod sons of Finarfin, settlements came into being throughout that densely wooded pine forest. Noldor established smithies and workshops for making beautiful and useful things, and the few native Sindar learned from them eagerly. From the Sindar the Noldor learned to hunt with bow and arrow in those lands.

One such hunter was Gilfanon, originally of the following of Finrod. He had come into exile with his brothers who dwell at Tol Sirion with their lord Finrod. They did not have the same love of the pine forests as Gilfanon had.

---------------------------------------?

'Father,' said little Galion to Gilfanon 'may I go with you to the Pools of Ivrin and there meet my uncles and see the many lords of the lands?'

The boy looked up as he walked quickly along side his father, who looked down at the boy but said nothing yet. He is thinking it over, thought Galion. This means he will take me with him! And maybe, thought the boy he will let me carry a bow of my own, for protection along the way. A smile grew on his face, and again the little dark haired child looked up in admiration to his father.

Last edited by Tatië : 06-04-2004 at 01:58 AM.
Tatië is offline   Reply With Quote