Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
Janny
The Blobbit

Desire!

What are Mooters' ambitions and desires?
Especially asking younger Mooters, but older people, have you achieved your dreams etc?
I mean, are there any politicians, sportsmen, poets... famous people in waiting here?

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Right now my ambition is to get elected President of Entmoot.
I'd also think it would be great if I was able to become the future President of the EU, that is when the EU starts having presidential elections. Though I'm not as politically active as I used to be so that's not likely to happen.

Anyway, since I'm thinking of studying medicine in college, I might be able to get the Nobel Prize later on if I'm lucky.
Maybe I am too ambitious, but if you aim for the stars, you will at least reach the treetops
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

^ . Nice Jon. I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll get there. Nothing should be too ambitious.

I want to become a Classical Archeologist. My main aim is to help prove that Hissarlik is in fact Homer's Troy. Even though they have found the city I want to be one of the people who finds the Greeks Camp near the city.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
katya
Elven Maiden

I want to be a pilot. I'm saving my money this summer for classes or whatever. I'm almost old enough to get my license. I've wanted to be a pilot since like, 5th grade. I also want to become a better artist. I don't know what to do for a real job, though. We'll se, I guess.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What a cool goal! You could be an airline pilot, or fly a bushplane, those are real jobs. And some people can turn art into a real job too (by real job I mean you can live off the income). Good luck, I hope you can do it!

I want to be a registered proffessional Forester, and recently I've been wanting to illustrate Biology textbooks. I also am writing a short story that I would eventually like to publish. (It needs a lot of work, but it's very enjoyable to write.)

My short term goal is to do well in University, and my very short term goal is not to fail anything this term!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

I want to become a new David Attenbourgh. As simple as that.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
Janny
The Blobbit

If it's getting to wannabies...
I wannabe the next Bruce Springsteen.
Or Ryan Adams.
Or Bob Dylan.
Or Jeff Buckley, Mark Knopfler, John Rzeznik...
Or Ian Hislop...

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #8
Beor
founder of the color blue

Well, I have pretty much achieved all my dreams except for going into space, and that one will be pretty hard to achieve, but not impossible, I'm sure. My origional goals were to be a soldier, a husband, and then, a father, and so, here I am. Now, I would also like to be a man of Numenor, but that may be unattaniable, however, I do own an Allumicraft fishing boat, so I am somewhat of a mariner
Old 03-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
Janny
The Blobbit

I know you've got your own thread for it (I haven't really been following, cool pics tho), but do you believe the cause you're fighting for is worthy. If it is that's got to be on the list too.

Old 03-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #10
Beor
founder of the color blue

Yes, I do think its worthy, assuming the cause is trying to help the Iraqi people and make it harder for terrorists to terrorize (although with the recent incident in Spain, it doesnt seem to have stopped (did they ever figure out who did that?)). Of course, this particluar cause was never really one of my goals until it presented itself. Tell you the truth, I never really cared about the Iraqi people before, as mean as it sounds to say, I never really had any reason to until I saw how they live. Terrorism never really came to mind until that Oklahoma City bombing, and I never really put it to the Army to go after them, used to be the FBI and stuff. My whole soldier thing was just I felt an obligation to serve my country, and I always wanted to anyway, growing up playing war with my brother in the yard. Its cool.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #11
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Adds two to her list:

- Classical Violinist or pianist (*reminds herself to practise*)
- Professional Photographer

More hobbies I guess... but who knows what I'll do. Maybe I'll become a Classical Archeologist who takes professional pictures of her finds for some sort of magazine and plays classical music for random tourists.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

As soon as you become a father its weird all you want is to be able to provide for your child and your focus (well my focus) is for them to achive all they want all else really dont matter.

Having said that would like to meet Mr T
Old 03-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #13
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I'm interested in law. I'm not as sure as I used to be, but it still doesn't matter yet. A longing to be a psychiatrist has recently resurfaced in me from a long time ago too. And now I'm also starting to think about a political career, but for that, law would logically be the first step.
For college, a major in law and a minor in psychology/psychiatry sounds good. I think I'd do pretty good in either one. I can even spell "psychology," so I'm one step ahead of all my friends.

Right now I'll occupy myself with the getting accepted to college.
Then I'll worry about the details, because there's nothing I can do right now to have the control I want over my future. "If you wanna hear God laugh, tell him you plans."

Last edited by Bombadillo : 03-14-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #14
Coney II
Elven Warrior

I want to be a tree!
Coney II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:45 PM   #15
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Before long I may have to realize that all kinds of former dreams will go unfulfilled... and just quietly settle into my mid-life crisis...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #16
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
What a cool goal! You could be an airline pilot, or fly a bushplane, those are real jobs. And some people can turn art into a real job too (by real job I mean you can live off the income). Good luck, I hope you can do it!

I want to be a registered proffessional Forester, and recently I've been wanting to illustrate Biology textbooks. I also am writing a short story that I would eventually like to publish. (It needs a lot of work, but it's very enjoyable to write.)

My short term goal is to do well in University, and my very short term goal is not to fail anything this term!
Yeah. There's an airport around here with very small planes. That's what I was thinking of. I always wanted to fly bushplanes in Alaska. The pilots of the big planes make a lot of money though, so there's a thought.

You want to illustrate bio textbooks? That's so cool! I am always looking at the picutures in mine- they're very artistically done. Everything has shading, and texture. Ah, the simple beauty of myelin sheathing! There's even a picture of an eye that seems to have the reflection of window in it. Good luck!
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:19 PM   #17
Janny
The Blobbit

Good for you, Beor.

Old 03-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #18
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

i'd like to be a photo-journalist; you know, travel around the country (maybe even globally) and take cool photos and stuff! i got a camera for my b-day last year, but now the flash is broken, so i have to get a new one. i also want to get my poetry published, and maybe a few short stories too.

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #19
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Before long I may have to realize that all kinds of former dreams will go unfulfilled... and just quietly settle into my mid-life crisis...
Not to worry, Val! I have reached the half-century and realize I can still do anything I want (except fit into my prom dress!).

Seriously, I am once again working on my writing and have submitted to a couple of publications (who sent very nice rejection letters back to me with my manuscript), I realized that I didn't like teaching before messing up too many little kids' lives and decided that office work is my forte. I have every confidence that I will be published someday, and this is a dream I've had ever since I can remember.

Never too late! Never ever!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #20
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Beruthiel's cat
Never too late! Never ever!
that's a great attitude, beruthiel!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote