Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2004, 02:36 AM   #1
Drgnslyer
Elven Warrior

Great Lords of Utopia....

I was wondering just how many people in here were familiar with the game Utopia...

I've been playing this game for some time now, and I've become thoroughly addicted over the past 5 years or so...

You can find the game at http://games.swirve.com/utopia/

This is a very massive and highly interactive game which can be confusing at first, but once you read the guide to Utopia ( http://games.swirve.com/utopia/help/ ) then you've got the basics.

The easiest server to start out on is the World of Legends server....it's tough sometimes to find a decent kingdom, but every now and then you luck out...just ask Nurv...:P

There is an incredibly involving aspect of the game that i've been a part of for quite a while now too....

Way back when Utopia was first played *i was among the few hundred* a few people banded togeather and formed the first alliance. Since then alliances have evolved greatly.

A few years ago I formed my own alliance, and grew it slowly. We formed in age 5 *we're now playing in age 25or 28...something around there...each age will last 3-4 months at least, then all accounts are reset to avoid having a couple super powerful provinces and kingdoms, and then a few that get mercilessly beat into submission...

The realm of alliances really can add an extra personal element to an otherwise mostly numerical game.

You will have your own province within a kingdom. Each kingdom has a maximum of 25 provinces within. All the provinces vote for a leader who will represent and lead the kingdom internally, and also in respect to external relations. Each kingdom also has their own personal forum, in which to discuss happenings, plans, and whatever else.

Now for my plug, my own alliance is currently known as the Order of Avalon, we are a very diplomatic and peaceful alliance, and do the most that we can to help our members grow not only as players within the game, but also as people in their own personal lives.

Our Mission Statement:

The best type of alliance is one which is never needed.

That is the notion on which the OA is founded - to train our members in the skills required to be stronger, more efficient and work together better than all others in the game. We provide in game and external support for players - we foster the building of friendships between our members, and we provide a community within which all of these can prosper.

We are a defensive alliance, but formost a diplomatic one. We promote the use of diplomacy above all else, but will use force if all avenues for a peaceful, equitable resolution are closed to us.

We are order amongst the chaos.
We are the Order of Avalon.

Our Motto is "Fidelis et Fortis"....Brave and Strong.

We were formed, like i said, in age 5, a few years ago under the name Order of Chaos. We have grown a large amount from that point, and are currently building university systems for the three main aspects of the game...Leadership, Diplomacy, and Provincal Aptitude.*running a strong province*

You can find us at www.OrderofAvalon.com , and I am known as High Templar Drgnslyer. Once you get yourself a province you can look into joining as a member Be expecting to hear from one of our high council, even myself to briefly interview you to ensure that you fit our criteria for our memberbase...judging by what i've seen here tho, about 99% of the local mooters will fit well :P

Check it out and let me know what you think

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims.

The Utopian Oldschool Champ.
http://games.swirve.com/utopia
www.Orderofavalon.com
Drgnslyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Utopia is a really fun game! Drgn totally corrupted me into playing. Actually, we made the deal that I'd join Utopia, and he'd join Entmoot.

I lucked out and landed in what's known as a "super kingdom", meaning it's full of experienced players who've been playing together a long time, and could each be monarchs in their own right. Our King is excellent - he deals well with newbies like myself as well as organizing the kingdom.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:59 AM   #3
Drgnslyer
Elven Warrior

Hey Nurv...looking at your sig...could i be your guys quasi-offical standard bearer?

*back on topic*

I'd love to give you guys some of the gems of conversation...but I'd like to save the suspense *trust me, there is some good stuff in there*

We've got about 300+ members currently, and Utopia itself has 80,000 people playing it...gives you an idea of the scope of the game

He is a man of sense who does not grieve for what he has not, but rejoices in what he has.

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims.

www.Orderofavalon.com
Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 AM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sure you can Drgn, we would be honoured. At the moment, we don't have a standard. Arwen is busy making a different banner.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:38 AM   #5
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Moved to entertainment forum.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Drgnslyer
Elven Warrior

*grin* wherever it belongs is where ittl be

www.Orderofavalon.com