Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2001, 04:54 AM   #1
Mathron

The Great Quest - Discussion

Ok, I have begun the new RPG!
Title is a bit corny, I admit...
Anyway, the three I have so far are Faradin, Slythre, and Mal.
So, we three are traveling right now, down the Entwash, following after the mysterious bad guys who captured Dania and Narsh...
So, they are, yes, heading in the vague direction of Mordor, but don't worry, I am not planning on having them go in there!
Hopefully we shall get some new people, too, so if anyone wishes to join in, feel free!
-Mathron
Old 02-14-2001, 06:19 AM   #2
Lief Erikson

Re: The Great Quest - Discussion

Okay, I've thought of my plot line for this RPG. And it'll be taking a completely different course from the last one.

I've got a plan for why Dania and Narsh were captured, and I hope that that doesn't spoil any one else's plans. By the way, they aren't meant to know the reason of why they were captured at all.
Old 02-14-2001, 06:44 AM   #3
Mathron

Ok, I think I see where you are going with your plot line...
I have plans, still, for the mysterious warrior people, but I think I can fit them in, easily, as simply working for your villain (ie, mercenary themselves to him).
-Mathron
Old 02-14-2001, 06:55 AM   #4
Lief Erikson

Perhaps, but I haven't given nearly enough information for you to know entirely what I'm planning.
Old 02-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #5
Lief Erikson

Great to have you, Roland!
Old 02-14-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
Syntia

Hello mind if i join ?
Old 02-14-2001, 08:51 PM   #7
Mathron

*Does a double take*

Sure, feel free to do so!
-Mathron
Old 02-14-2001, 09:15 PM   #8
Lief Erikson

Anyone who wants to join in is more than welcome. We had only five players in Fangorn Forest, so we'd love to have more involved in this one.

By the way, Mathron, I think it's your call to answer Ayna's question.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:25 PM   #9
Morkhon

I'm playing and will be posting from time to time. I hope to add Gungar, a dwarf character sometime soon. Tommorrow as I'll be busy tonight, I love Valentine's Day.
Old 02-15-2001, 01:36 AM   #10
Lief Erikson

Mathron, I think that you actually don't have much idea as to my plan. My master wants Dania and Narsh exclusively. The others he doesn't care about, except that he won't want them intercepting those who are bringing the elves to him.

And his men aren't in disguise of men from Rohan, they really are men from Rohan.

Perhaps you should revise your theory a little bit. I've got a ways to go before everything in my plan comes to light.
Old 02-15-2001, 03:07 AM   #11
Mathron

I will admit quite freely I don't know anything about your plan! ~grin~
But, remember, the guys who kidnapped Dania and Narsh were the guys who had the deformed faces and were after Mal, in Fangorn Forest. So, unless, at some point, Dania and Narsh magically vanished from their captivity and into that of your villain's men, they have to be transferred between them. I figured the easiest way to do this was to have the disguised guys be working with your villain, and have agreed to capture the elves while they were already hunting the others. Although, I admit - Villains working together? Evil getting along!? Totally implausible. ;P
If you have a better way to do things, though, feel free to come up with something.. don't see how easy it would be, though.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:49 AM   #12
Lief Erikson

Actually, I guess it's fine that they were transferred. But my guys don't care about anyone but the elves, unless the others get in the way, which, knowing them, they probably will.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:58 AM   #13
Roland

Great to be here!

This looks as though it will be a lot of fun. Always wanted to play an orc character. And I'll tell you guys now, Ulrog's master isn't Sauron or Saruman. BTW what time period is this set?
Old 02-15-2001, 05:05 AM   #14
Mathron

Re: Great to be here!

Shortly before the Lord of the Rings. To place things even a bit more, Gandalf escaped from Saruman a week or two ago (game time). (As I tossed in a hint of in one of my posts in the Fangorn Forest RPG )
-Mathron
Old 02-21-2001, 12:10 PM   #15
Roland

I'm going to need a little help.....

Here's the problem. I'd planned initially to make Ulrog's master a completely new villan, but at this point in the plot introducing someone completely new seems inappropriate. So does making him a servant of either Sauron or Saruman, as up to now it doesn't look as though they've had much to do with the proceedings. So here's where I need help. Do we have any established villans that could fill the role? I'm hoping to make all this fit nicely into the plot you two have assembled so well. If you want to mail me about this I can be reached here:
kong33@start.com.au
I'm interested to see what you guys think about this.
Old 02-21-2001, 04:11 PM   #16
Lief Erikson

Perhaps this will do?

How about if Vardor is in command of him. You know, he does have some interest in the others. They are powerful, were the companions of Dania and Narsh earlier, and could be a pain in the neck to his plans.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:28 AM   #17
Lief Erikson

Question:

Syntia, weren't you planning on joining in? We certainly aren't too far yet, if that's worrying you.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:39 PM   #18
Syntia

Re: Question:

I have no idea about what to play
Old 02-23-2001, 08:41 PM   #19
Lief Erikson

Response:

Be Syntia returned from the Blessed Realms to help our valiant heroes in their hour of need!

Or take on a completely new character, if you like.
Old 02-25-2001, 02:40 AM   #20
Morkhon

Re: Response:

Ok, now I'm confused about what happened at the meeting. We went to see the King, saw Grima instead. He asks what he can do for us and the next thing I read is were leaving because something bad happened, but no explanation to what that was.