Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2004, 08:33 PM   #1
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Back to Middle Earth discussion thread

My friend, sicirus, and I were discussing a new RPG to make, and this is what we came up with. You can be either a person from here/now, a person from Middle-earth (not an actual character in LotR, but you can know them, and we probably will meet some of them), you can do both, but I would not recommend it if you want to keep from getting confused.

Jean and Keita’s parents, big fans of the Lord of the Rings, organized a Lord of the Rings convention on January 3, Tolkien’s birthday. They rented an old inn not far from their houses, in England. Then, they decorated it to look like the Prancing Pony. Amazingly enough, there was even a room on the first floor that had round windows. It turned out that it was at the site of the original Prancing Pony, renovated (I mean, the Third Age was a LONG time ago), but still very similar. One night, Keita notices a loose floorboard, and under it they find a red book, actually The Red Book. Somehow they are able to read Westron/the Common Tongue—whatever-you-want-to-call it—as well as they can read English, and they read about the journeys and adventured of Frodo and Bilbo as they really happened. They notice a similarity to the Lord of the Rings books. When they wake up the next morning, they look out the window and discover that they are no longer where they were when they went to sleep. They still have their own clothes, and everything else they had with them, but they are now in the real Prancing Pony, in Bree. It is January 4, 1450 (S.R.).

In the years 1451-1455 SR, Bill Ferny, his sons, and some other evil men came back to the Shire, destroyed it completely, and enslaved the hobbits. In 1454, knowing that the Shire would be destroyed, Sam’s daughter Goldilocks took the Red Book to Bree, so she could preserve a bit of hobbit history. On the way she met Radagast, the only wizard left in Middle-Earth. She told him about what was happening, and he enchanted the book to bring the reader back to the year 1450, the year before the Shire was invaded, hoping that they could prepare the hobbits, and prevent the invasion. The Red Book was finally hidden under a floorboard in the same room in the Prancing Pony where Frodo and his companions were supposed to sleep, where we discover it millennia later.

This is my character:

Name: Keita
female
Lives in: England = Britain
Hair: long, light brown
Eyes: blue
Height: tall
weight: medium
Is obsessed with the Lord of the Rings (esp. Faramir), books in general, horses, mythology, and fantasy.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 02-03-2004 at 09:47 AM.
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I haven't started the RPG yet, but I probably will next week, unless we don't have enough people. Feel free to come up with a character and post a little about him/her here. I'll say here when I have started it.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Hello,

Name: Jean
appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, avrerage size both ways, has glasses.
Female
England, Britain
Loves lort and is best friends with Dorthy, Loves dogs, ANd Aragorn.

Yay...
Old 01-27-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Hi. Yay!! It's my first RPG!
Name: Alyna
female
Lives in: England = Britain
Hair: shoulder length, black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: Medium
weight: thin
Is obsessed with LotR (especially Aragorn and Legolas and Orlando Bloom (btw I'm not really Orli obsesed but it'll be fun to pretend to be) ), dolphins, tigers

Yay! Can we start soon? *puppy dog eyes*
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 PM   #5
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Quote:
Yay! Can we start soon? *puppy dog eyes*
Just because you're my sister doesn't mean that you can skip reading what I wrote. Look two posts up...
Quote:
I haven't started the RPG yet, but I probably will next week, unless we don't have enough people.

Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #6
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yes ethy, I know. I did read it. Next week is pretty soon and I was referring to other people joining. A RPG with 3 people isn't very impressive.

Did you get the hint? I know some people are reading this and havn't replied.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #7
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Come on!
More people need to be part of our RPG for it to be a real RPG!! Three people isn't good enough!
Please??? It'll be fun!!

~siri
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #8
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I finally started it. It's called The Red Book of Bree. I hope it's good so far, but after this it should get better, or at least less descriptive, and more active.

Oh yeah, I changed my character's name. I'm now Keita.

Anyone who wants to join can, just introduce yourself here. You could still be someone who was in the room with us if you join soon, otherwise we'll have to find another way to fit you in. We'll need Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, and (Middle-earth) Men soon anyways.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 02-03-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:58 PM   #9
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

I shall join! And I shall be Tel. Look in Dark years if you want a desc. I gotta goseeyoulaterbyebye!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:44 AM   #10
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Welcome, welcome!!

Will you meet us when we arrive in Bree, or will it be somewhere else?

Old 02-03-2004, 10:29 AM   #11
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Welcome, one and all to the great B2ME discussion thread!!!

Gulio, I think we're going to the Shire first to kinda fix it up. I dunno. But anyway, if you're a sea-elf it might take a while for you to get involved, unless you are for some strange reason in Bree, which is way inland. So yeah. Try to find a way for us to fit you in, okay?
Oh, and I am eternally grateful to you for joining our RPG, I just hope more people will join soon. *Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge*
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #12
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

hey i'll join... i'll meet ya in bree.
my char is a half-elf and a female ranger... wrapped in mystery
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:06 PM   #13
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Welcome!!!
We'll see you there!

Hey this is post #111. Probably no one cares, but 111 is my fave number, so it's cool!!

Last edited by ethuiliel : 02-07-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:16 PM   #14
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Thank you
LOL.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #15
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Lalaith, are you gonna go as Lalaith or something else? And it's great to have you here!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-07-2004, 01:37 PM   #16
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah. Lalaith was my favorite RP character and I'm still quite taken with her. We were very good friends! lol!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

You were friends with yourself? okaaaaaay
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-08-2004, 11:54 AM   #18
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Sici, was that supposed to be Lalaith in the corner?? And is Jean ignoring me like Kieta or are you nice to me?
I really felt like getting a pint. So I got one.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #19
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn
You were friends with yourself? okaaaaaay
I have people in my head..... lol.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #20
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Okay.... could you do me a favour and say who your characters all are. I've just confused myself alot...