Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #41
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, I don't think it had anything to do with that, at all. Something so minor isn'y going to keep someone in the business away from the Academy Awards, the most important, exciting, big-deal annual event in Hollywood. There's no way! Here's the rest of that little article which Lief quoted in the Vent thread:

" But the star of such films as "Match Point" and "Lost in Translation" said she isn't holding a grudge.

"I'm not mad at him," Johansson said. "I think he's a guy that's starting his TV career and he's making a bit of an exciting moment for himself. I can't be angry at him."

Mizrahi, who is scheduled to be on the red carpet at Sunday's Academy Awards, told The Associated Press last month he has no plans to tone down his act.

Johansson, who doesn't plan to attend the Oscar show, said she won't go out of her way to avoid him at future red carpet events.

"I can take care of myself," she said. "I'm from New York."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-06-2006 at 08:57 PM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #42
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
It was a good show this year. Did anyone crack up while Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep were on stage? Their bantering back and forth was great.

It started to get on my nerves the way so many of the dresses were either that dull black color or off white. It looked like a funeral in some parts and a wedding in others. Which isn't to say that the dresses were gorgeous, it's just there were too many in certain colors. There were a couple dresses in a really lovely blue though. I liked those.
YES, I loved that Lily Tomlin/Meryl Streep bit! They're like a comedy duo; they were fantastic.

Did you see the dress Uma Thurman was wearing? That one seemed very much like something you might like, I think. It was a dusty lilac, made from sweeping layered silk, I believe.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote