Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-13-2002, 10:11 PM   #21
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

uum when am i not making a total fool of myself? just about every day at school i say something stupid very loudly in the middle of class, on wednesday during a presentation someone said they wanted to go to France on our IB trip and i (very loudly in the middle of their presentation) NO! ITALY!! i have no self control, that wasn't too bad though.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:47 PM   #22
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Anybody remember April Fool's Day? Anybody remember samwise of the shire's thread? That gave me the reputation of being extremely gullible? If not, here goes:

3 days before April Fool's Day (that's my excuse, that it wasn't actually April Fool's day and so I didn't know), samwise of the shire claimed she had met Elijah Wood, and started an entire thread about it. I believed her (silly me), and went around telling my friends about it. 3 days later, (April Fool's Day), she told us it was a joke. Imagine how stupid I felt.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:52 AM   #23
Sween
im quite stupid

last night i fell off a bridge whist trying to walk alone the arm rails and fell into the river i would of said i was a made of fool of but it was very funny
Old 09-14-2002, 02:23 PM   #24
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Oh man, I do this all the time, it's terrible. But the biggest one i can think of was last May. It was almost the end of school, and our baseball team was at the state playoffs. About half the student body went, so those of us who stayed all ate lunch together, instead of having 1st and 2nd lunches. I was all excited because I was gonna be on the same lunch as my crush that day. So me and my friends were all sitting there eating, and I had a popsicle. It was one of those chocolate kinds that melt pretty fast, and mine was starting ot melt (I was almost done with it) and it started to fall off the stick. I was trying to get it under a napkin but it just kept melting and I was laughing and all when all of a sudden I heard my friend say "Hey Will!" I looked up and there he was. He looked at my friend, and then at me, and then back to my friend and said "Ooookay!" and walked off. I was so embarrassed because there was nothing I could do and it just kept melting and I was laughing and all and it was terrible!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 10:43 PM   #25
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
You're a cool chic Tinuviel...I'm naive too so dont feel bad...it's nice to know there's someone who is as naive as I am, I would have believed it too.
Le's see here de last time ah maid a fool of mahself ...
The last time was a couple of weeks ago I was hanging out with my BF(who is turning from weird to pop now she's a cheerleader which when crossed with essence of Abbie does NOT mix too well) in the gym of the school where I am taking drama classes. We're sitting on the floor of the gym our heads restin' on the bleachers when these girls walk by...now I'm hyper from the fact I finally get to hang with my BF and I need to say "HI" to someone, so I see these PERFECT canidates...these chics who look popular and on top of the world. So because I'm high and I need to get it out of my system and because I feel like it I say "HIII" rather loudly. They walked on maybe an eye shift or two in our direction but other then that NOTHIN'. So I say "Oi!When someone says Hi to you you USUALLY say HI back...let's try this again...all together now. HIIIII"
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #26
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Sam, did anyone ever tell you that you are a very good storyteller?

Quote:
The last time was a couple of weeks ago I was hanging out with my BF
I thought you were talking about your boyfriend there until I figured out that you meant your best friend

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #27
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Oh, Lizra .
As I read these, I don't know what is worse - those days of naivety and social gaffs or forgetting how to dress in the morning
Old 09-15-2002, 08:03 PM   #28
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I like the way nobody says anything when you're running around with your clothes inside out! It's really not important is it???
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:16 PM   #29
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I made a fool of myself, again. I was walking up the stairs from choir to English. I was in front of about two people. I was prancing along my merry way when the evil sandal goblin slipped out from under my feet and I fell UP the stairs. I landed on my elbow...which hurt. I ran up the other flight with the two others laughing from behind. That was rather embarassing.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #30
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I'm pretty sure i make a fool of myself all the time, i just don't care.

But the last time i actually cared was when i wandered out the house taking the Xbox to a friends and forgot the leads, so his mum had to drive me back to get them...eep! I felt stupid. I am stupid!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 01:31 PM   #31
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Lets see...

Does standing on a stage in front of 100 drunken people at a rock gig dressed in combat boots, fishnet, halter top, and smoking a cigar count?

Of course, the rest of the band was in drag also, so I don't suppose that makes me a total fool....

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 06:35 PM   #32
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Blackheart, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that? (Sorry, just had to ask)
Old 09-18-2002, 01:20 PM   #33
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Err... the camera crew was there... I think there were a lot of folks taking pictures.

Fortunately, I haven't SEEN any of them...

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #34
Garina
Elf Lord

Probably when our history teacher decided it would be a brilliant idea to act out the Munich Putsch! I had to prosecute Hitler!

But the whole class was humiliated, and it was very funny!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 08:03 PM   #35
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Recently.
Very recevntly.
Very very recently . . .

Actually . . . probably two weeks ago. I didn't feel foolish at the time, just seriously upset, but picking up the pieces of my life and assuring everyone that I was really okay was humiliating.

Or maybe it was at that cross-country meet where our whole team started ten seconds late, thirty yards srther from the start than the rest of the racers? Although we were all a bit too out of breath to laugh or evern be embarassed.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 10-13-2002 at 08:06 PM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 11:29 AM   #36
Garina
Elf Lord

I am an idiot. I was so desperate to get home and out of the rain that I gave myself a minor asthma attack. I feel so stupid.

WARNING!
Never run 1/2 mile up and down hills in torrential rain if you have asthma. It's not a good idea!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 07:36 PM   #37
Rûdhaglarien
Elven Warrior

Hmmm?? Made a complete fool of myself??

Well... there are so many... I'll just bore you all, as I'm am oh so very bored myself.

When I was in Florida three years ago, in front of the HardRockCafe, my sister and I danced (disco style) to the song... Stayin' Alive. (Or, something.) We thought that we'd never see any of the forty- and fifty-something people watching us... then, we saw a few of them the next day at a restaurant... they said they'd pay us ten bucks to dance while they sang karaoke in the bar. Oy.

Last year, at school... I told my friend Becca about my father's partner and she thought that my dad had "gone gay". So, after explaining that he was dad's work partner... I fell sideways and into a football player, then proceeded to the nearest locker and rolled into the boys bathroom because I was laughing so hard, doubled over.

At school last week, or so... I was sitting on my backpack after lunch and, not only did I get stepped on, but I got kicked and then fell off my backpack and spun on the floor, laughing.

Yesterday, I nearly fell, it must have been, a million times down Mt. Greylock while on the Ramble.

So many goofs so little time... like the time I called my dad at his home number and asked, "Hi, dad, are you home?" Then, there was the time... *rambles*

Last edited by Rûdhaglarien : 10-15-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Rûdhaglarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:11 PM   #38
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Hmm...I goof up a lot. Last time, though?

Today I nearly cried in front of the school nurse while having an argument with my mother. I haven't been feeling well for a very long time, but I've been going to school and after school activities without fail. I felt like I couldn't stand it any longer and called her after I was done with my early morning practice. I told her I wanted to come home and why, and she started to get a bit snippy and commenting on how she didn't want me to any more school (when I hadn't missed any at all this year). Then I finally just told her I'd stay, and she ended up coming. Reverse psychology.

What's better (worse?) is I AM sick, with a sinus infection that was ignored for nearly a month.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #39
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
I tend to continually make a fool of myself, with no real event making a distinction in this. every day seems to be a chance for me to prove that the world in the stage. and if I don't try, the world tries for me.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
WiseWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 08:09 PM   #40
entss89
lord of the ents

when was my last time being p.o ohhh well that was yesterday! he he everyday is a fool out of entss89 day!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote