Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #201
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

The Chicago Cubs are going to the World Series!!! They haven't been there for 71 years. They haven't won it for 108 years. And now they're going back!

What's more - I've never enjoyed watching baseball on TV, but that's different. I don't know if I'm more excited, or it's this team or what. But it's cool to watch, just to see what they're going to do next. These guys make some amazing defensive plays. And last night they got three double plays, and also picked off a runner who was leading off from first base! The game wasn't a no-hitter or a perfect game, but they still faced the minimum number of batters - because they all the Dodgers who got on base (four of them) were thrown out.

And then there's the hitting.

Love this Cubs team!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:11 AM   #202
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Heh, that explains why I suddenly see 'go cubs!' online everywhere.

71 years! No wonder people are excited.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 03:10 PM   #203
Valandil

Yes! That is why indeed. And watch for the "W" flags, which indicate a Cubs win.

Series split 1-1 between Cubs and Indians after first two games in Cleveland (best of seven series), from Tue-Wed. Series resumes at Wrigley Field in Chicago this evening - games Fri-Sat-Sun. If necessary, back to Cleveland next Tue-Wed to wrap it up.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 11-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #204
Valandil

It has gotten really exciting. The Indians won the first two at Wrigley to take a 3-1 series lead, before the Cubs pulled out game 5. Then last night, the Cubs had a BIG win in Game 6 at Cleveland to even up the series 3-3. So now... Game 7 to decide the series, tonight, in Cleveland!

Go Cubs!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 11-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #205
Valandil

Cubs Won The World Series!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 11-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #206
Alcuin
Salt Miner

That was a great Series, with the two team head-to-head right up until the very last pitch. One of the best I have seen: Cubs came from behind two games, in Cleveland; the only lead-off home run in Game 7 in the history of the World Series. Both teams played excellent baseball!
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #207
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Congrats to the cubs and to all the long suffering cubs fans. Now please dont become ass hats like the Red Sox fans did when they broke their losing streak.

I spent most of the second half of the series on the road traveling and EVERYWHERE I went I ran into HUNDREDS of cubs fans decked out in their hats and jersies in airports, restaurants, bars, even business formal conventions. And almost to a man/woman they had this electric energy about them. A mix of intense excitement and almost unbearable anxiety. So enjoy this one. It was a long time coming.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #208
Valandil

Thank you both!

Yes - I hope we Cubs fans don't become insufferable.

I gotta tell you though - this Cubs team is very likable! Those of us in Chicago sure think so, and I hope the rest of baseball fans do as well. They're young, talented, having fun, and wear their emotions on their sleeves - for the most part. It's hilarious watching the interplay between first (Rizzo) and second (Baez) basemen - and Baez is so incredibly athletic! Two cancer survivors - Rizzo & Lester - and Lester helped Rizzo get through it when Rizzo was 18 and both were on the Red Sox. Zobrist played college baseball at a small school my oldest son now attends. And so much more...

Always happy to cheer for the Chicago teams, but used to have a hard time watching baseball games on TV. This team was fun to watch on TV. Even those 5-hour games!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 11-08-2016, 01:55 AM   #209
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I was thinking of you, Val! Congrats!!

And now guess who has the honor of the (currently) longest streak without a championship in any major league sport in the US? Our Arizona Cardinals!

Larry Fitzgerald deserves better!! *sigh*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote