Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2000, 08:55 PM   #1
bmilder

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn - Tad Williams

This series is comprised of

-The Dragonbone Chair
-Stone of Farewell and
-To Green Angel Tower (usually divided into Part 1 and Part 2 because of its length)

I read it a few years ago and it was enjoyable. The unique thing about this series was the ending. I was so surprised and it was not what I expected at all! SPOILER ALERT!!! The poem was actually prophesizing Ineluki's victory when the three swords came together.

I've also read the first two books of his Otherland series. Anyone else? Comments?
Old 03-26-2000, 08:24 AM   #2
emilsson

Re: Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn - Tad Williams

I love Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. It is my favorite fantasy series after LOTR. Indeed, the ending was suprising. I think Williams really knows how to make a story exciting throughout every book.

I´ve read the first two Otherland books too and in my opinion they are even better than Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. I can´t wait until I get hold of book three and book four comes out.
Old 03-27-2000, 03:11 AM   #3
The One Ring

I've only read book one of MS+T so far, but I've read the Otherland series and I think it is very good. I can't wait for book four, and I hope Williams finishes it soon. He must write very fast, to churn out a 700+ page book every year.
Old 03-27-2000, 03:37 AM   #4
bmilder

Well, it seems like he takes forever

I like series that have already been finished for years