Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2000, 09:11 AM   #1
andustar

frodos dream

i was planning to give you guys a rest for a few more days but then i read this, and got puzzled. i can understand most of the dreams and visions that people in lotr get but this one...? if anyone can help me i would be glad. here it is. from the last paragraph of 'a conspiracy unmasked'

Quote:
Eventually he fell into a vague dream, in which he seemed to be looking out of a high window over a dark sea of tangled trees. Down below among the roots there was the sound of creatures crawling and snuffling. He felt sure they would smell him out sooner or later.

Then he heard a noise in the distance. At first he thought it was a great windcoming over the leaves of the forest. Then he knew that it was not leaves, but the sound of the sea far-off, a sound that he had never heard in his waking life, though it had often troubled his dreams. Suddenly he found he was out in the open. there were no trees after all. He was on a dark heath, and there was a strange salt smell in the air. Looking up he saw before him a tall white tower, standing alone on a high ridge. A great desire came over him to climb the tower and see the Sea. he started to struggle up the ridge towards the tower: but suddenly a light came in the sky, and there was a noise if thunder.
some parts i understand but the rest... i need help here!