Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-18-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Dream portal

Danlor ran and ran. The pounding of the surf ever in his ears. Closer, closer, and now lapping at his feet as it began to drag him back to the dark whirl pool that swirled endlessly down, down, down…

Danlor sat up in his bed. He didn’t feel panic now. Only a vague sense that he should have let himself go down. Crazy, a crazy dream and a crazy thought.

He felt anger welling up in him. He grabbed the newest fantasy novel he had bought and was reading, then he threw it against the wall as hard as he could, leaving a dent in the wall he would have to explain one way or another.

“Trash,” he muttered “Garbage, I don’t know why I’m reading it. And my name is NOT Danlor. I’m Andrew and I live hundreds of miles away from the sea!!” his anger didn’t diminish until he had ripped the book to shreds and then thrown it into the trashcan.

Andrew suddenly realized what he had done and he shook his head, wandering why he had done that. He had felt such rage for a while. All directed at the book. He looked mournfully at the shredded pile of book.

“Just when it was getting GOOD too.” He sighed.

A quick look at his watch showed that he would be getting up in an hour anyways so why not just play an Internet game till then? But he knew he was afraid, afraid of the dream that had haunted him for the past week. Always the same, except the faces changed some times. A girl or boy, who had looked frightened before, would look determined and they allowed them selves to be sucked down.

Andrew shivered and ran down stairs, turning on all the lights in the living room and then running and hugging Taz, his Great Dane.

The shadows on the wall shifted for a moment and a voice in his head said ‘Come to us Danlor. We need you…’

‘Alright!!!’ He thought ‘what do you WANT?!’

‘You must come. There will be pain…’

Andrew’s scream woke the entire house, but when his family got down stairs, only his crumpled form remained. His spirit was gone, back to the dream, and this time he could only face the whirlpool.

Down, and down he went till water filled his lungs and blackness surrounded him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys. The idea is that this is sort of a portal to another realm. This isn’t exactly Tolken but I hope that it will be all right… The idea is that you will be a teenager who had been having this dream. Finally you give in and allow yourself to be taken. Your earth body will still be on earth and you will be placed in a new body in the realm of Avalon.
Now there are lots of things you can be… Elf… Giant… Mage… Even Psi.

So is anyone interested?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
In another place, and another night, lying on my bed, I tossed my sheets off, staring out the window at the stars. "Wow, that was weird!!" I got up and walked to the bathroom, and splashed water on my face. I sat there, looking into the mirror, staring off into space. "What in the world...? Ok, so there's this huge whirlpool, sucking me into...into what?" These questions were jumbling around in my brain, searching for an answer. I shook my head. "What's wrong with me?" I wondered, "Maybe I should see Mom's therapist or something, because not only is this dream a repetition of what I've been reading, I've been having this dream for about a week now." Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
"Cassy? Are you done?" It was Brian, my brother. He sounded mad so I got up from where I was sitting and left the bathroom. I was in my own room again. It was still night, but I had spent 45 minutes in the bathroom. I sat on my bed and grabbed my journal from under my bed. I turned on the lamp on my end table, grabbed a pen, and described my dream in detail.
"Friday night, 1:30 a.m. Tonight I had my weird dream again. I'm debating on whether or not I should see Mom's therapist. Anyway, you know this dream by name but you don't know anything about it. It starts always by the ocean. I think I'm on some sort of a reef or something, because I can't see the shore, but I can touch the bottom. I can also hear the waves on the sand. Don't ask me how, but that's what I hear. A huge whirlpool comes out of nowhere, and it begins to whisper a name. I think it's my name. 'Cacedonia, Cacedonia.' I'm trying to stay on top of the water, but it's getting hard. I always end up in the whirlpool, going down, but then I wake up, not wanting to let myself go." I reread this entry then I closed my journal. I'm afraid to go back to sleep, so I tip toed past the bathroom,and I went downstairs. I grabbed some Instant Breakfast and mixed it, then I sat down at the table. Suddenly the tiles in the floor began to spin. Another whirlpool!! I looked down at it.
"Cacedonia, come...come to us." I screamed and was sucked down, then I let myself go, letting the darkness close about me. Brian rushed down the stairs, and Cassy was on the floor, Instant Breakfast was everywhere, and she was unconcious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm interested, and it sounds intriguing. It's a great idea, Tessar.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:46 AM   #3
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

ooc:oww can i play too??

ooc2:im not using my real name cos its annoying
ic:
Ashley woke up again at 1:32 "same stupid dream," she thought, "Ugh i don't even know how to swim and im always in the ocean and a whirlpool is sucking me down then i wake up screaming... I'll just go online for awhile to calm me down."

Next morning Ashley's big sister Kaleigh (alternate spelling to kayla) came in her room to wake her up and she was slouched over her keyboard,
"Ashley did you stay up all night on those stupid internet forums?" She didn't reply Kayleigh walked over and poked her Ashley fell to the floor with her eyes rolled up into her head. Kayleigh screamed and her mom comes up the stairs running.
Old 10-19-2002, 01:20 PM   #4
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: May I play if I am a character form the other world instead of a teenager from This world?
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:59 PM   #5
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Most certainly you could be from Avalon. Although could you PM me a char desc?

We need maybe one or two more to join and get into the world and then I will really try to get the story going. The natives are a little reserved towards us right now so don't have them bouncing up to you (unless it's a very little kid maybe).

I'm not going to do much in plot advancement till a few more join. Maybe a little but not too much.

Also... In this new world, we have different names then on earth so try ta think something up.

Andrew

Skills: Knows how to make some computer programs, First Aid, Baby sitting, and judo.

Desc:
A tall boy, 5' 11 1/2'', with blond hair and gray-blue eyes. Generally wears a tee-shirt, shorts of some type, and has a pair of scuffed up sneakers he always wears. A light scar runs across his forehead from a judo accident and his nose is a little thicker than normal from being broken twice. He wears contacts when ever he can but some times wears thick, black framed glasses he got for judo before he had contacts.

Bio: Born in Texas and raised in Huston, he lived there for about 12 years and just recently his family moved to San Antonio. He has been taking judo since he was 10 but was never interested in going to competitions. He got a job last year at the do-joh (sp?) he studied at and has been assisting the teachers and doing a little baby sitting on the side. He has a magnetic ring he got as a present from his old teacher before they moved and he loves making little kids think he has magic powers by making pennies slide to his hand.

Danlor:

Same as Andrew except that he is a psi and his ears are slightly pointy now. Also his scar and broken nose look are gone.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
A white warg lies under a tree trying to sleep. What a long day it had been, and he was tired. But something was different about tonight. Something inside him said that there was more to happen and that he should not rest. But he couldn't help it. Soon he was fast asleep, and did not hear the scream, as though from a different world.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
I guess I'll do my description

Name Cassandra, Cassy (not my real name)

Age 14

Height About 5'2

Hair Brown, shoulder length, with blonde streaks

Eyes blue

Hobbies/skills Avid Reader, Irish step dancer, singer, player of
instruments, studious.

Bio Born and raised in Upstate NY, moved to Colorado about eight years ago. Nearly all of her siblings have graduated from College, and Cassy lives at home with her older brother Brian who's graduating High School this year. Her Dad's an English Professor, and her Mom's a librarian.

Cacedonia (ca se do nia)

Same as Cassy, but Cacedonia is an elf, with a single scar running from the corner of her left eye down to her cheek.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote