Old 02-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Deigned Worthy of Legend

GM: Feraway Hawkbriar
Assitant GM: Gerbil

Start date: 2/6/02

Game title: Deigned Worthy of Legend

before starting, i suggest everyone go and have a quik reveiw of the game stats and the charecter bios in the planning thread.
Lets make this a good one!

Time- 2:40PM Friday
Place- Desa Olo high

"...d@mn geometry." Briana mutterd as she copied down the last remaining notes from the white board. It was the last class of the day 6h period, and with only 5 minutes left in class, some of the other students were already packing up and getting ready to get out the door as fast as possible.

Finishing her notes, she gazed about the classroom as she had done a thousand times throughout the year. above adn to the sides,Creamy white wallsand ceiling. On the floor, forest green lenolium. Tiling her head back a bit she looked at the blue ceiling fan. It was off of of course since it was only spring and the weather would not turn hot for another few weeks atleast. Then she looked out he window. The weather was the typical fair California weather. Blue, sunny, sky with just a few puffs of white clouds scattered in the sky.

She closed her notebook, and shoved it into her backpack. She couldnt wait to leave. She hated school. It took up valuable cd music listening time, for the most part, was boreing as heck...And she hated the school policy of all students, (with the exception of hobbit students) haveing to have footwear of somekind on at all times, when on campus. She looked down at her black sandals, Thos eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil sandals. She didnt NEED them...she was 1/4 hobbit, but aparently that wasnt enough to get her out of school policy. But it was Friday and weekend of shoeless freedome was at hand.

Briana glanced at the clock again. 2 minutes to go. She look to her left, over at over at Tanaquil, whom, lucky her, didnt have to wear shoes. She was stareing at the clock too and prolly was just as anxious to get out of class. She and Briana were going to meet up with Heather and Gwen after class. They'd prolly go slakk around in the park and from there, to one of their houses or something like that. The usual Friday routine.

*tic tic tic* the clock continued to count away the second to freedom. Briana taced her finger along the outline of the 'Invader ZIM' patch that was half ironed half stitched onto her dark red backpack. Perhapse they'd go by the mall too. "Maybe I'll get a GIR patch to go on this thing" she played with the thought a little more, then decided against it. She'd do that some other day. and on Fridays the mall was waaaay to crowded for her tastes.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
2:45, school was out.

aaaaaaaaaaaand thats how it begins! ^_^
Old 02-06-2002, 07:24 PM   #2
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

School's Out

Heather stared in the mirror before her as if held in some sort of a trance, carefully scrutinizing every aspect of her face and hair. Four thin braids fell along her cheeks one inch past her chin, two of them on each side. The rest of it was pulled up high in a stout ponytail and loose side hairs were pinned back with clips. Her bright eyes wavered down to look at her lips. The pink gloss had become dry. Heather grabbed a tissue, wet it with water from the faucet, and wiped the dried lip gloss from her lips, then re-aplied it. Looking once more into the mirror, she smiled.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNGG!

Heather lifted her backpack on her shoulder and dashed out of the restroom into the hallway. Teenagers emerged from every door and crowded the halls as she fought her way through the now heavily packed corridor. Heather sighed deeply. Today she was hoping she'd make it to the flag pole before Briana, Tanaquil, and Gwen did. But now, it was obvious they would beat her once again.

She clutched uneasily onto her purse. It didn't look like a purse; it looked more like a shrunken backpack. Either way, however, it was something she never went anywhere without. She unconsciously fingered the tiny rubber letters stitched on the pocket, and glanced over the many heads that towered over hers. She bit her lip, realizing for the first time how her friends must've felt about her. She was the tallest of them all, but she was used to being short. That, however, is another story.

Her parents were originally from California, but they moved around a lot. She was born in Delaware, but had only lived there until she was three. They then moved her and her brothers to Georgia, and there, well, she was quite short next to most people. Now that they had moved back to California, she became friends with her cousin Gwen. Gwen eventually introduced her to Briana and Tanaquil, and they all became good friends. However, Heather never shook the feeling that they found her sort of "shallow".

Being so wrapped up in her thoughts, she crashed right into someone walking the opposite way. Heather jolted back with fright and glanced up quickly to meet a pair of dark brown eyes.

Standing in front of her was a rather tall sort of guy clad in black clothes with disheveled brunette hair, looking down at her as if to say scoldingly, "Why don't you watch where you're going?" She gulped and apologized quietly before hurrying on by, but even then she turned around to look at him once more. If she wasn't so shy she might've said something more. Frowning at herself, she watched him disappear into the crowd. Somehow, though, she felt they would run into each other again...just hopefully not in literal terms.

Heather shook her head and turned around. Ahead past the large glass doors she already saw her friends waiting for her.

"Oh, why am I always the last one? They better not tease me about spending too much time looking in mirrors or I swear I'll kick some butt..." she scoffed to herself, but her lips were turned up in a non-serious and friendly grin. Heather pushed open one of the double doors and called out "Whassup?!" across the school grounds, catching the attention of some various strangers walking by.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-06-2002 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:38 PM   #3
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Tanaquil waited with Briana and Gwen, watching Heather approach. The girl had obviously been spending time looking in a mirror again. Tanaquil never understood Heather's fondness for lip gloss and such things; they seemed silly and pointless to her. But then, Heather also got a lot more attention from guys, so maybe there was something in it after all. Not that Tan cared, of course.

It was a lovely Friday, and that Friday-feeling of sunny laziness and the knowledge that you have a three-day weekend ahead pervaded the atmosphere. The babble of the high school crowd was pleasant, the more so because it was dispersing. It was spring, and it was lovely.

"Wassup?" Heather said. Tan rolled her eyes. She hated that word.
"The sky," Gwen replied, "And it's blue, in case you're wondering that too." Heather laughed. A tall, rather good-looking guy stared at her, but that was normal.
"Shall we go?" Tan asked, "I'd like to feel a bit of grass underneath my feet." She wiggled her bare toes.
"Yes," Briana agreed, "And let's stop at Gelato's, I'm dying for some food!" The hobbit genes, manifesting themselves in height and an appreciation of good food, were apparent in all four of them.

The four friends left the school, the place of their confinement, without a backward glance. Gelato's, the local cafe (which sold Italian ice cream, crepes, and pastries that were frankly delicious), was a mere quarter of a mile or so away, a pleasant stroll on such a day. The girls' carefree laughter could have made even an Orc smile. There were no pure-blooded Orcs left, of course, just as there were no pure-blooded Hobbits, but there were still those whose sneering faces and violent lusts marked them as distant offspring of the old race.

The girls bought their ice creams and cold mochas and were soon at the park. Oak trees shaded the lawn, squirrels chattered from their branches, and a small fountain gurgled like a mountain brook. Tanaquil looked up at the sky, the sun blinding her and seeming to soak into her skin.

" . . . And she gave me a B! A B!" Gwen sounded outraged. Heather laughed again.
"Beware, Gwen's wrath is aroused!" she teased gleefully.
"Come on!" Tan cut in, smiling, "It's Friday! We are at the park and we all have ice cream - Briana has some on her shirt, by the way - this is no place to talk about school!"
"Mmm hmm," said Briana, brushing the ice cream from her shirt, "Let's talk about something else. Like the meaning of life, or the state of the economy, or creative ways of tying our shoes."
"Or the fact that you just dripped ice cream on me!" Tan now flicked the ice cream from her shirt.
"Or that essay for Monday . . ."
"Or guys!"
"Or . . . "

Tan stopped talking and frowned. The earth was vibrating. There were many small earthquakes in California, but she'd never experienced one during the daytime before. It was odd, to see everything shaking slightly, like sitting on a vibrating chair.
"Weird." she said.
"Cool." said Heather, wavering slightly.
"Maybe we should . . ." Briana began.

But she was cut off by a great rumbling roar.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 02-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #4
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

The rumbling sound of the quake made it seem more threatening that it really was. Briana munched down that last bit of icecream she had, grabbed her back pack and motioned for the other girls to follow her, not that she woudl have needed to, they'd all ben taugh the "earthquake drill" since kindergarten. They whent over into to the more open section of the park where there were fewer trees, and thus, less chance of being beemed on the head by a falling branch. Many other people who were also in the park at the time, had had the same Idea so there was a crowd of about 20 people already there by the time the girls arrived. They plopped themselves down at the edge of the crowed and waited.

After a minute the rumbling had reached its peak (Likely about a 3 on the RS) Then after about another 5 minutes, subsided. Briana was the first to speak after the shaking had stopped "Well that sucked" she commented. Really, the shaking ground was little more than a slight annoyance.

The group in the feild had already begun to disperse. People were returning to their activities or heading home to see if the rumbling had knocked over anything.

Ok...yeah... noone type anything else until Sam has a chance to type something.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:13 PM   #5
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
SORRY about your delay and thanks for waiting.

...Gwen nodded"We've 'ad worse" she said in the Cockney accent she was famed at the school for "But then I've never had my mocha spill on me before." She paused for a minute to wipe away at the wet spot on her t-shirt.
"You know what? Why dont we spend the night at my house? We can spend some time in the attic and maybe pull Heather away from the mirror" Heather scoweld at her"I SWEAR if I didn't have an ice cream cone in my hand at this precise moment I would chase you up a tree like a squirrel" Gwen laughed"Las there' naught that ye can do to me an' tha's a fact"she said in an almost perfect rendition of a Scottish accent.
That was too much for Heather''Briana, hold this for me. I have some butt to kick. You think so?Watch this little bit of nothing".
The cousins ran in and out of the trees, while Briana and Tan watched shaking with silent laughter. Finally as Gwen was tiring she reached a tree she could climb and swung into the branches. She looked down at her cousin scoweling up at her. Heather jumped at Gwens dangling leg and grabbed it. Gwen started kicking to shake her older cousin off.
Suddenly Heathers arms gave way and she dropped to the ground. Gwen kicked and her shoe*which had become untied and was a bit too big* flipped off her foot, flew over Heathers head and came to land...right on the tall brown haired boys head Heather had run into earlier. The boy picked up the shoe and walked over to the tree the shoe in hand.
Ok, I wrote. Let's get this show on da road.
Sam
ps. Isn't it wayfarers turn?
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-13-2002, 01:18 PM   #6
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

The youth shook his head in amusement as he knelt to retrieve the footwear missile. He picked it up gingerly in one hand before rising, and rolled his eyes as he caught a glance of the three girls from who's direction the offending piece of footwear had come. Stepping quickly to his feet, he walked towards them, dangling the shoe by one of it's laces. He smiled as he waited for the shoeless girl to stand, and swung the footwear back and forth a few times beore looking at her and asking with a laugh "Is this yours?"
Old 02-13-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Heather slapped Gwen's foot and spoke, "I think you might want to get your shoe back now."

She turned to look over at the young man she'd seen earlier. At least now he didn't have a death stare marred on his facial features. In fact, with that goofy smile she was beginning to think he looked quite cute...

She was shoved forward as something bumped into the back of her side. Heather twirled around to see Gwen beside her; she had obviously just jumped down from the tree and smacked into her on purpose.

"What's that for?" Heather asked, arching her eyebrows.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-13-2002 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:55 PM   #8
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Gwen looked at Heather and shrugged her shoulders while grinning mischeviously and trying to look innocent at the same time, she failed miserably. Briana, and Tan grinned at each other while Heather glowered at her pert cousin,the boy just laughed. The sound was like a small waterfall and the tension was relieved. Gwen marched foward with and idignate look on her face and grabbed the shoe from the boys hand and held up her other shoe(which she had removed so she could walk home barefooted)"What does it look like...toyou?"she grinned and winked at the boy"Gwenever AT your service."
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-13-2002, 08:16 PM   #9
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Heather forced a smile on her face, she seemed already annoyed with Gwen. For what, she wasn't sure. Instead of thinking about it, though, she rested her elbow on Gwen's shoulder and half-waved with a little effort from her wrist.

"I'm Heather," she offered, then pointed to her other two friends behind her and Gwen, "This is Tanaquil and Briana. Sorry about the, uh, shoe..." she paused, then realized she didn't know his name. "And you would be...?"
Old 02-14-2002, 01:24 AM   #10
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Briana leaned over and wisperd to Tan. "Hrrmm...'The projectil shoe...of DOOM' ..add that to the ways that Heather has innitiated a conversation with a guy list." They both giggled at the comment.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:31 AM   #11
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Tanaquil pulled a pen out of her pocket and added another tally mark to the "Number of Guys Heather Has Hit On Today" tally on her arm. Heather glanced at her suspiciously, but she had never yet figured out what the little lines on Tanaquil's arm meant, so Tan felt she was safe for now.
"Anyway," she said, turning back to the victim of Gwen's shoe-launching, "What did you say your name was?"

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 02-14-2002, 04:04 PM   #12
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

The still-grinning youth glanced slowly at the four girls, as though any of them might still posess dangerous objects. After a few seconds he laughed, and held out his hand to heather. "I'm Seanen." He answered simply. "Nice to meet you."

Last edited by Wayfarer : 02-14-2002 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:42 PM   #13
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Gwen looked into her mocha cup, most of it's contents had spilled onto her shirt when she had run into the open ground of the park,and then even more of it had gotten onto her shirt when she had run to the tree. There was only a tiny drop left in the bottom of the cup. She shook her head dolfully and walked to the nearest trashcan"What a waste of mocha"she thought as she threw her cup away.
When she got back Heather, Seanen, Briana and Tan were all standing under the tree Gwen had climbed to escape her cousin.When Gwen walked back into the circle everyone stared at her"What?I jus' threw away me cup tha's all. I ran out o' mocha thank' ee VERY much. Stop starin' at me" "Yes Oh Gwenever the Fair"Seanen said as he looked up at the leaves above his head. Gwen laughed and put on a face of mock seriousness"You call Me Gwen and you'll be better thought of by me than you would if you called me Gwenever. Gwen got that?" Seanen laughed and nodded his head.
Gwen looked up at the sky. There was plenty of daylight left so she turned to the others"Anybody opt for the swings or maybe the whirly gig? And before we go(if we go)I'm gonna take off my shoes." Gwen kicked hard and the other shoe went flying...into a tree. Gwen shook her head"This is not a day for me and shoes." she muttered"I'll be back"She added to her friends. Gwen turned her back and began to climb the tree her shoe was lodged in to the sound of her friends laughing. And she had to admit she was laughing too.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 02-16-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2002, 03:00 PM   #14
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

As the girl began the climb to retrieve her shoe, seanen leaned towards the others with a grin. "Gwenever?" He chuckled. "It must be Guineveve, I gather. Is she from Cameliard by any chance?" He winked playfully, and took a few steps back to avoid being under Gwen's shoe when the girl reached it.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:39 AM   #15
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Heather shuffled the fallen leaves at her feet and glanced about the park, as the others carried on their conversation and laughed. She turned to the west and caught a glimpse of something. Heather blinked, thinking she had just imagined it, but another feeling told her otherwise. Without a word, Heather dashed off in the direction where the golden glint came from, not minding the wind pounding in her hair or the heat of the sun as she left the cool shade beneath the trees. Something was calling her to run: run before it left the shore and never came back...

A voice hollered out her name, breaking Heather from her reverie.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:50 PM   #16
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Briana looked at Gwen who was on her way out of the tree..then cocked her head at Seanen's little joke...she didnt get it. Suddenly Heather ran off for no apparent reason. By the time Briana reacted Heather was already leaving the tree line. "What the?...whats gotten into her all of a sudden?" she said, then she cupped her hands to he mouth and shouted in Heathers Direction, "HEY! chica! whare are you going?!" She turned back to Seanen. She spoke very fast. "Erm, sorry about this, but I think she needs her medicaton...or...something... GWEN! git down outta that tree, somethings up with Heather. C'mon Tan. nice meeting you Seanen, I hope there no more projectile shoes in your near future. Bye!" With that, she hoisted her backpack up on her shoulder and took off after Heather.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:38 PM   #17
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Heather froze. The sea line faded away, along with the glittering gold figure she had seen. What had she envisioned? It looked like a ship with large white sails, and she saw people all abound it...but there was no ocean ahead of her: there were only trees.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and felt something cold on her cheek. Reaching up, she felt a single tear touch her finger. Heather stared at it with slight confusion, and maybe a little sadness. What had she seen...?

"HEY! Chica! Where are you going?!"

Heather spun around on her feet to see her friends running towards her. The words echoed in her mind like a dream, but they were quite real. She quickly wiped her eyes, hoping no one would notice. The last thing she needed at this moment was criticism, and that's exactly what she was about to get. Sighing, Heather also spotted Seanen following them, seemingly curious as to what was going on. She hoisted her purse on her shoulder and forced a smile. She seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"I'm okay, just thought I saw someone!" she called out. They reached her within seconds, and all of them looked pretty convinced by her words. All except for one person: Tanaquil.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:59 PM   #18
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Tanaquil's brow furrowed. Heather might be fooling everyone else, but she knew the girl too well. Spastic fits were a norm in their little group of friends, but this had been purposeful, and serious. Furthermore, Tan was almost positive that she had seen a tear on Heather's cheek . . . another strange thing, since Heather usually preferred to laugh things off rather than cry about them. She looked west, in the direction Heather had been running.
And just for a minute, she had been sure that she'd heard something. Only the barest whisper of sound, musical, distant.
"Are you sure you're all right?" she asked Heather, wondering what her friend had seen, or heard. Heather nodded, smiling cheerily as usual.
"Anyway," Tanaquil said, pushing the incident from her mind, "It's about time I got home. I had a new idea for a fanfic today," she grinned sheepishly, "And I really want to get started on it!"

When Tanaquil looked back at her memory of these last minutes in the park in later years, she wondered that she hadn't seen it coming. Heather's outburst, what she herself had heard . . . but they hadn't know then, none of them had known. They had only just met Seanen, after all.

Tanaquil took one last look around the park, enjoying the soft sounds of spring. She turned towards the gate, following her friends.

And suddenly everything changed.

Last edited by FrodoFriend : 02-17-2002 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Gwen looked up at the trees. The setting sun was throwing it's light on them, turning them a transparent green with gold trimming. As she looked up she felt something rise up inside of her like a stream bursting out of the ground, she opened her mouth and a strange haunting tune came to her lips. She began singing a tune without words. She would do it if she was struck by a strange un-earthly beauty. Tan looked at her"What are you doing Gwen?" Gwen looked at Tan"Oh Nothing" She replied hastily. Turning she looked at Seanen"And I heard that little comment about Cammelaird or what ever it was. Dont you say it again or you will be brained by my rocket wanna be" Seanen laughed"Ooooh, I'm scared" He gave Gwen a friendly punch in the shoulder....
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-17-2002, 11:57 PM   #20
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Heather slowly looked over her shoulder, feeling as if someone was staring at them. She noticed two tall men dressed in casual clothes, but identical brown leather jackets, gazing in their direction. Heather gulped. Something told her they should leave and leave immediately. Those men had heard Gwen's singing, and it didn't look as if that was a good thing. She turned to the others quickly, panicking already.

"Hey, guys, we need to leave -- there's two weird men staring at us, and I don't think it's cause they find us pretty." Heather gestured behind herself. Everyone looked over, obviously not caring if the men noticed they did. "I think we need to leave now," she pressed on, hissing between clinched teeth.

Seanen looked confused, but only smiled. "I hope they don't find me pretty," he joked. The others only laughed.

"I'm being serious; I think we should leave," Heather stressed out, "Please?"

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-18-2002 at 12:05 AM.
Closed Thread