Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM   #581
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson View Post
You sure remember a lot of detail, when dreaming, Thain.
Well, when I do remember them (which is acutally pretty often...). Sometimes I'll know I have a dream, but can't remember anything about it.

A few nights ago, I had a dream where we were preparing for a hurricane or tornado or something. So I was trying to pack up a bunch of food and water. I carried a bunch of water bottles (a lot more than I could realistically carry) along with some bags that looked like ice packs, but were actually powdered water (O_o). I guess I put them in a bag, I don't really remember, but then I went to try to see what kind of food to pack. I saw a big bag of rice, and thought that would be good, but then I wasn't sure if I should bring it uncooked, which would be more portable, or cooked, which would be convienent. So I started making a bunch of rice, then my mom told me that we had to go. I ran to my room to get some books so I would have something to do. I just grabbed some books that were next to my bed (and actually are next to my bed): The Light of Eidon, Questions Catholics Ask Father Sheedy, and a book that has four of Dickens' works in it. I think I woke up after that.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #582
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I'm having a hardtime remembering my dreams nowadays

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #583
truthiscool
Enting

i had a dream were i was running through like spiderwebs and there were like spiders chasing me the size of shelob or however you spell her name anyway it was really weird and crazy.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #584
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

I usually don't remember my dreams, but lately the opposite has been true. In between the times when my alarm goes I off and I hit the snooze button (which happens at least three times in the morning) I've been having dreams that continue through these semi-sleep periods.

This morning, my dream for some reason involved a big party, and then everything was doubled. Each person in the dream had a double doing everything they did at the exact same time, and I was putting together a jigsaw puzzle in record time.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #585
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I think in the midst of my already strange dream, I dreamt that ElizabethAnnRogers changed her username because she didnt want anyone calling her EAR. hahaha I really dont know where that came from. I think it was because I was reading on some thread about someone asking if they could change their username....
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #586
katya
Elven Maiden

I had a dream about Sis last night. I was on campus in a drawing class, but there were a couple guys there too just hoping to see some nude models. Anyway, I was hanging out getting ready to draw and then Sis showed up. I went to pick up my sketchbook because I finally had an inspiration but I picked up hers instead, and it had some really good stuff in it, but it was mostly slight variations on the same picture. It was a landscape of Middle Earth, and the colors only changed a little bit depending on if it was Gondor, Rohan, etc. or maybe if you could see Mordor looming in the back.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #587
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I dreamed that one of the people in the class below me was a teacher, and I was in his class. And he was totally incompetent.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #588
Mari
Elf Lady

What did you tell him?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #589
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Oddly enough, I used to work as a figure model.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #590
katya
Elven Maiden

How funny! There's always postings around for models. So and so amount of money for clad, a little more for unclad.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #591
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Unclad is easier and more fun.

Getting something to "re-drape" properly is a PITA.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #592
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*sprite shoots out of nose*

Honesty, I couldn't do unclad at all...

"Who are all these people lookin at mah nudity?!"

I'm very selective in whom I let see me.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #593
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Dreams are so strong and vivid ... it's so strange being woken up when you're really deep in a dream ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #594
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I've been having dreams lately that bother me...

Like last night, I had this dream that I was dating my boyfriend again, and I was at like.. a school or a church or something and there were three guys there (in particular, I mean, I tihnk there were more than three guys there) who liked me and I liked them back, despite the fact that I was already in a relationship. One of them.. the main one (i.e., the one I liked most), has a girlfriend IRL and I think he'd broken up with her in my dream, because he came sidling up to me and he said something (I forgot what it was... that was at the beginning of the dream, hence HOURS ago) to me that made me think he liked me. Then his best friend (who looked nothing like his real best friend, but this guy in one of my classes freshman year who I called Fish) comes over and holds my hand... he actually kissed me. I think that was the only kiss. And I had hints from this other, seemingly unimportant guy but i was just flattered to have three guys like me at once (doesn't happen... really ever).

Then this older dude came up and it turned into like... an Indiana Jones type of movie, where we were looking for something which I don't remember what it was, through this old area of whatever building we were in (I think it was a church because later in the dream, my entire youth group is there and doing fun churchy activities [actually not true.. it turns out that some of the activities were NOT church appropriate and I won't write them here because I don't really want to get kicked off Entmoot.. I don't know the extent of that clause, but I could probably at least get suspended for a while]).

I remember walking down the old area with the best friend and saying, "You know... this reminds me of Bag End, like the description from The Hobbit." because it did. It was very nicely decorated and homey and sunshiney from windows even though we were underground and I knew it. All of a sudden the old guy comes running back up the way with a sack that's moving and hissing and he says, "Don't go down there! I think it's a snake pit!" So we all go down as far we can without actually going into the room which he thought was the snake pit. It's like a trap door in the floor and when you look through it, you see a nice room and no snakes whatsoever. But he did have that huge hissing sack... So we just hang out in the room above the "Snake Pit" room. At one point we were baby-sitting and had little kids and we forgot about the open trap door which led to the snake pit. By good luck, we heard one of the older ones say, "Let's go down this trap door..." and we ran in there and didn't let the little kids go in that room again.

Then my youth group came and we had this variety show or something which everyone participated in, but no one watched. About that time, I woke up.

It's funny because my boyfriend used to say that he thought people were accountable for their dreams. I used to agree with him because I didn't know any better. Now I disagree. The whole thing gets kind of spiritual, so I won't go into it, but I feel like my dreams of late are temptations, as if that's a time when I'm vulnerable... Anyway. It's just a thought.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 12-20-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #595
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

You're going to laugh at me when you hear this. I had a dream that I was in the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess game. And Link wasn't there, and instead I played his role. And it was horrible because I couldn't beat the "boss", or whatever. He kept blowing everything up, so I tried to run away into the woods (oddly enough into the neighborhood I lived in when I was a child). But Midna told me that it could follow us in there, and I kept thinking about how I failed everyone because I couldn't do the things Link did. I felt like a total failure

twitter
Old 01-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #596
Mari
Elf Lady

Awww.
Imagine how Zelda must feel: always getting captured and putting everyone (i.e. Link) through a bad time...

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #597
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

I know, right! I've been waiting for them to get together anyway

twitter
Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #598
Alec
Elven Warrior

Location: USA until I find ME, than I will be roaming ME on a black steed
I had a interesting dream a 5 days before Christmas last year.
I dreamed it was Christmas morning so when I woke up I got ready to go upstairs and open my stocking and then I realized that Christmas was in 5 days.

Never insult a Tolkien freak. You won't understand their reply

Dare to be a Mormon;
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm;
Dare to make it known.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote