Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Dreams

Please forgive me if there is already a thread for this. I couldn't find it. I know there is one for LotR related dreams.

When I was a kid, my dreams were basically nightmares about snakes and spiders (except for a recurrent dream about flying that was so real that the next morning I would launch myself off the couch because I was convinced that I could fly. that one had my mom worried ).

A couple of weeks ago, my alarm clock interrupted a really cool dream. I bolted upright, and promptly wrote it down:

I was standing out in the courtyard infront of the girls' dorms at school. The clouds came down really low, and covered the third story of the building. All of a sudden, the clouds split apart, and the moon came spilling through the gap. I reached out and touched it, and it was solid, like a curtain. So I grabbed onto it, and started to climb up. I was really slippery, and hard to hold on to, but I was nearly at the top when my alarm clock went off.

*mutters curses against the concept of time in general, and alarm clocks in particular*

So, anyone else have any weird/strange/interesting/cool/just-plain-bizzare dreams lately? Or ever?
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:34 PM   #2
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I usually had nightmares involving getting lost. Mainly it happened in a big store, or on a dark street, or in a deserted school. Also, I have a lot of dreams involving deep, dark water that I'm swimming in at first, then sucked below the surface, but never drowning. Pretty weird. Still don't know what it means
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:41 PM   #3
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I had this dream that I was at church, and these vampires came and started to suck everyones blood. I was really scared, and the main vampire came and told me he would give me twenty minutes to hide. I was almost out of time, so I hid under the pews. The vampire found me and was about to suck my blood when they had to leave for some reason. The main vampire said, "We'll be back in twenty years." So twenty years later, they came back. (Strangely, I was the same age.) The vampire was looking for me again. I almost got my blood sucked by two of my friends that got turned into vampires. I finally decided to hide under the pew again. The vampire came (again) and I tried to shoot myself because I figured it would be better than to be turned into a vampire. The gun didn't work, and the vampire was like one millisecond from sucking my blood when the Rapture happened and everyone but the vampires dissapeared. Did that make any sense?

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 07:41 PM   #4
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I had an incredibly bizarre dream a few weeks ago.

I was in this big maze like house with a boy and a girl, and we were literally searching for Jesus in His physical form. We finally found Him in a big blue bed, where He was hidden under the covers. He looked like your stereotypical Jesus, and started talking to the girl I was with. Suddenly, his hands turned into these huge monster paw things, and he crushed her head. Then they both turned into monsters and started fighting, until they blew themselves up and the room. The boy and I were find, but shocked, and the walls were missing. Then I saw a cheesy 50's sci fi movie UFO with cartoon aliens on it. I told the boy, and he freaked out on me, telling me that HE was supposed to see it.

I have another one, but I'll have to type it later, since this is the 2nd time I've tyuped this out (power failure) and I have to go to 'family fun night'
Old 03-24-2002, 07:54 PM   #5
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I had this one dream and at the beginning I was battling orcs. Then aliens were attacking the world and sending little spaceships to take over every country. If you shot them, they would blow up the entire country. The spaceship for USA landed and all the aliens came out. I was hiding behind a barrel with these kids who were playing tic-tac-toe with explosive paper. (Don't ask. ) The paper exploded, and the aliens shot me with a machine gun. I guess USA fought off the first spaceship full of aliens, so they sent another one. This scientist and a brother and sister were trying to disarm it. (Whatever.) The sister had to dress up in a banana suit help disarm it. (I think it had something to do with potassium. ) Then the girl and her brother had to run away form their friends. Then a lady chased them for eating the chocolate she set out for the squirrels. They ran up a bunch of steps to the top of an apartment building where and old lady and an old man gave them chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven,

Sorry if this dream makes no sense!

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Old 03-24-2002, 07:58 PM   #6
aldesign
Elven Warrior

ive tired writing them down, but they seem to dissappear really fast.

my mate said, during college, he had a re-ocuring dream about a giant orange rolling after him down the street. So on the morning of his birthday, along with other goodies, i brought him an orange.
heheh

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 08:11 PM   #7
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

My cousin told me hae had a dream where he was in WWII fighting the Nazis. He was hiding behind this Jeep, lying in a position that he could still shoot. he turned his head and there was this German looking straight at him, several feet away. The guy shot him in the back, and he woke up. When he did he was lying in the same position he had been in the dream and his back hurt in the same place he had been shot. Wierd...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:25 PM   #8
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I got stabbed in the shoulder once in a dream

Yeah, don't ask.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:48 PM   #9
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I haven't been dreaming lately. I guess my brain's so tired by the time I go to bed, it just shuts down.

One of the weirdest dreams I have had was... Gosh, I don't remember any strange dreams. I'm sure I will think of one the second I log off, so I'll tell you if I think of any. I have had dreams where I was drowning and woke up gasping for breath, if you think that's strange.

If I have any dreams tonight, I'll be sure to let you know.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:55 PM   #10
Twilight
Elven Warrior

I had a really strange dream last semester. Somebody was trying to attack me, and I decided to fight back. I woke up to a thud thud thud sound as I realised that I had kicked the wall three times really hard. In the morning I found that I had completally torn up my pillowcase. That one kind of freaked out my roomate. I am a rather gentle person, so it was really strange explaining to my parents why they needed to get me a new pillowcase.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:06 AM   #11
Nibs
Head Hollara

This girlfriend I had told me about a dream she had where I tried to crossed the highway but instead was hit by a car and died. Then she was at my funeral sobbing over this tragedy, and my relatives and friends were just melancholy and tried to tell her she didn't belong there. Needless to say, we're bitter enemies now.

Actually, that latter coment isn't accurate. The story is, unfortunately. If you ever have a dream like this, do not, I repeat, do not tell your significant other about it. It makes for a very unique situation. I mean, what could I say, sincerely, in return? "Thanks for sharing that"? I think not.

We're still friends. Sort of.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:59 AM   #12
Mirkgirl
Sapling

Never had a lotr dream....... maybe I should sleep more /or daydream less/
Mirkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:39 AM   #13
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Here's another one:
When I worked sorting berries on a Raspberry picker one summer, I worked many, many hours without a day off (seasonal labor doesn't fall under the usual labor laws).

I must have had Raspberries on the brain, because I woke up in the middle of the night, and I was sitting bolt upright in bed, trying to sort the flowers on my bedspread.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:03 PM   #14
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Ummmm OOOKKAAYY!
I had this one dream I met the Astins. I was at Walmart and this little girl came up to me and told me she was lost. So I took her hand and led her to the exchange section, and it turned out I had found Alexandria Astin. Her Dad(Sean Astin) told me that I could go with them to New Zealand and go on set and meet the others in the troop and all that. So next thing I knew I was in NZ sitting in the same boat with Frodo and Legolas sailing down the Anduin and WISHING this dream wasn't like a movie. I mean I saw MYSELF sitting there and I wanted to like BE there if you know what I mean. That had to be one of the coolest dreams I've ever had.
Then there was the one where the Riders of Rohan came to school. All I remember is that I was sitting at this desk then all of a sudden these people ride in on horses. I swear I have the weirdest LOTR dreams.
One of the worst dreams I've had is that there were these creatures in this wood and they lived in the ground. And sometimes they would come up and like TERRORIZE the city where I lived. I ended up being chased by these deformed people in my crushes house(Ok the crush thing wasn't too bad it was being chased by these THINGS.)
Then I went to see the Time Machiene. Talk about total flash back. JEEZ.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #15
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

I have some really freaky dreams nowadays, in which characters inside the dreams seem to be aware. They especially seem upset when I reveal that I know I'm dreaming.

For example several nights ago I dreamed that I was in this house. All I remember about the house itself is a rectangular room and a hallway. There were people in the room and the hallways. One man in particular I remember, leaning against a wall. He was a little shorter than me, probably about 5'8, he was probably in his 20s. He was white and a bit flabby and had short, dark hair and glasses. I remember walking down the hall and looking at the walls. Something wasn't right about the walls.

They are made of paper, I realized. Yellowed paper, as if it was all made of old parchment. Suspiciously I looked up at the roof and found that the design was exactly ... exactly like the roof of my bedroom, down to the last detali. That's when I knew I was dreaming. I smiled in my mind, and memories of the actual day before came back to me. I walked back to the rectangular room triumphantly and began speaking to the man leaning against the old, paper wall.

"This is a dream" I said with a smile, as if to challenge him. He raised his eyebrows. "The walls are made of paper", I said, my voice rising in a kind of pride "and the ceiling is my ceiling". This seemed to anger him but I continued "And I remember everything I did yesterday".

His face had grown red and he glared at me. "Oh yeah", he said, "Well then how do you like this?" The dream then shifted and I was in a different place, oustide in the wilderness in warrior's gear. It wasn't long before I was being hunted down by a terrible demon creature I was supposed to fight. He was some twelve feet tall, with a rough, yellow hide and sharp teeth and claws. He had horns on his head and a disgusting face on his stomach. As I ran from him in terror, still aware I was dreaming, I said "f this" (without the cencorship) and I put my hands to my eyes, trying to force myself awake. Eventually it worked and I woke up, staring at the familiar ceiling.

Rather disturbing.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:31 PM   #16
galadriel88

Yeah, that is kinda disturbing...

Another one of my cousins said her brother had a dream where he was being chased by those elves on the cookie packages (you know, the Elfin Crackers? Those guys?) so now he thinks they're evil. He's scared of them, and he's like, 18 now! LOL

When I was little I had this recurring dream. In the first scene it was one of those where you're in it, but you don't see yourself. Like, if you stuck out your hand, you'd see it in front of you. Anyways, I was standing in a circle with a bunch of people in this desert like place. For some reason, most of the people were black. There was a big mound of sand in the middle of the circle and there were two people shoveling sand onto the pile. Everyone around me was chanting, "Bury Matt! Bury Matt!" I kept asking "Why? Why are you burying him? What has he done?" But nobody heard me; they seemed to be unaware of my presence. The the whole scene fades away. In the next scene, everything is black. In the middle, a blue picture frame appears, and in it is a picture of a family - a man, woman, and little girl, who looks about 5 or 6 years old. All of a sudden the faces of the people come out of the picture and move into the frame. They start going around and around the the frame, and then I wake up. I haven't the slightest idea what all that means. I haven't had the dream in along time, though.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-26-2002, 07:36 PM   #17
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

Wish I could remember my dreams from beginning to end. However this is understandable difficult for me, since all my dreams are very strange and convoluted, not to mention loooooong. My sister thinks I am totally weird (which I am) because my dreams all appear to have a plot.

Like the time I was this small living stone gargoyal(sp?) chasing this gigantic living stone dragon down a long, dark, narrow, ribbed, arched late-gothic hall-way, full of cool pillars and niches. I (the small stone gargoyal) needed to destroy the huge dragon as soon as the hall-way opened up into a large enough room; but I was too small. Fortunately, as the dragon passed the wall nitches, the gargoyally statue thingies in them came to life and attacked me, and I grew bigger and stronger with every one I defeated. Then the gothic hall-way opened up into what looked like a Wal-Marts. (I said my dreams were strange and convoluted.) The nasty, raptor-like gargoyal things I hadn't yet defeated then proceded to hunt me down the aisles. Fortunately I woke up soon after that. Being hunted by what I can't see is the main ingredient of my worst nightmares.

My family is eating supper with out me! ( a real-life nightmare) Gotta go.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:56 AM   #18
Khadrane
Elf Lord

You know how everyone has those dreams where their running away from someone or something and they can't run fast? Well, when I have dreams like that, I am running on a track in a race. Sad, isn't it? Last night, though, I was having a dream like that, and all of a sudden I remembered how to run fast, and I did! It was cool!

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Old 03-27-2002, 10:52 AM   #19
galadriel88

The scary thing about my dream is that I know several people named Matt (although when I was little I only knew one of them) !

Old 03-27-2002, 03:22 PM   #20
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
i had a really cool dream and it's the reason y i'm frodosgrilfreind it really doesn't fallow the lotr story but it has frodo and sam and every one else
instead of 1 ring there was 2. frodo and i both had 1 ring. we always had to keep them on 'cause we......ummmm....... i don't know why we had to keep them on, but we did. anyway it was like we were one person, the rings were somehow connecting us. we fell deeply in love. well, to make a lond deep story short, i died and then frodo died.
it was really cool, i know it sounds stupid, but it wasn't. i was strider's half-sister, i think.... thats all i can remember, i haven't had the dream in a long time

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote